Dance World
Age 89 days, 7 weeks into flower. She's thirsty lately, probably because of the new Growant 480. Fed 60 oz water with (3t BB and 1t TB) at pH 6.75 and PPM 336. She's shedding leaves very slowly, but she's such a leafy plant, it'll take forever for her to finish. The breeder says 8 weeks of flower. Um... have they seen this plant?! I think not.

Painkiller XL
She's 7 weeks old today. I've been spreading her tops every morning, but I might try doing it 2-3x per day for a bit, just to keep her nodes tight as she goes vertical. Maybe another week of veg and she'll be ready to up-pot and flip. <crosses fingers>

Amnesia Haze
27 days old. I removed her big fan leaves to try to slow her growth a little. She's getting taller than I'd wanted her to be by this time.

Lemon Candy
The twins are 17 days old. LemonCoco gets fed daily:
1 Mar: 10 oz with (1T BB & 1t GB &1t CalMag per gal) at pH 5.9
2 Mar: 10 oz with (1T BB & 1t GB & 1t CalMag per gal) at pH 5.58
3 Mar: 10 oz with (1T BB & 1t GB & 1t CalMag per gal) at pH 5.74 and PPM = 623
LemonSoil as needed:
2 Mar: 10 oz with (2T BB per gal) at pH 6.45.

Dance World

96 days old. Today marks 8 weeks in flower. Breeder says the strain needs 8 weeks, but she's going to need more time. I've been giving regular bloom nutes up to this point, but yesterday she got only plain water at pH 6.48. I'll stick with water only going forward to help her use up what she has stashed away. She's drinking a lot. Maybe she needs more under the Growant 480, but every 3 days like clockwork, she asks for more. I might try feeding 70oz next time instead of 60, but I'm not looking for run-off. The thing that jumps out at me every time I look at her is how leafy she is. She has a very high leaf-to-calyx ratio, in my eye.

Painkiller XL

56 days old. Fed 40 oz water with (1T BB, 2t GB, 1t calmag / gallon) at pH 6.37 & PPM 1120.
10:45 AM - transplanted into 5 gal grow bag. FFOF on the bottom and sides, and some generic top soil to fill in the side gaps and even out the top. Put a tomato cage in, bottom ring at dirt level, and bound PKXL's branches similar to how they were pulled down with the gardening staples. She barely fits in the flowering tent with the Dance World and the Lemon twins, but in she went! She's begun her ascent to the bloom stage!

Amnesia Haze

34 days old. She got 30 oz water today with (1T BB, 2t GB, 1t calmag / gallon) at pH 6.37 & PPM 1120. She likes a feeding every 4 days or so, it seems. Though she's smallish for her age, she's very pretty and lush. Her two tops are developing well. I'll pull them down a bit more tomorrow.

The little pots you see in the background contain Milkweed seeds. If all goes well, I'll have some Monarch caterpillars and butterflies to watch develop someday!

Lemon Candy

The twins are 24 days old. Fed LemonCoco 20 oz water with (1T BB & 2t GB & 1t CalMag per gal) at pH 5.54 and PPM 1105. Fed LemonSoil 20 oz with (1T BB & 2t GB & 1t CalMag per gal) at pH 6.37 and PPM 1120.

I'm surprised that LemonSoil is outgrowing LemonCoco, but we'll see what happens as they get more mature. :)

Hey Van! Happy to see ya. Pull up a chair and help yourself to the cheesy poofs! :)

I'm behind on my reading as well. I've been working on making a grow journal app for my Android phone. The two I tried from the Play store don't capture everything I want. Sometimes it's easier to just do it yourself, right? haha

Since the Dance World is within a couple weeks of harvest, it was time to start a new seed!

Strain
This is a Red Diesel from Barney's Farm I got free from Seedsman. It's a 50/50 indica/sativa hybrid with 20% THC and 1.1% CBD. I'm hoping it makes for a good relaxing daytime or evening strain without putting me to sleep.

I started the seed on Wednesday, 7 March by shaking it for a few seconds in a pill bottle. Then I put it right into a jiffy pellet, skipping the 18 hours in water bit. I forgot. :p The pellet thingy kept falling over within the solo cup, so I packed it into coco to make it stand upright.

The seedling poked her head out on Sunday afternoon, 11 March. Today is day 1, but OMG. I'm not sure this one's going to make it! One of her coty leaves is all shriveled up. Guess time will tell. She's still upright, so I guess she's alive.

Red Diesel
2 days old. She's hanging in there. A little taller than yesterday. I wonder if she's going to be weird and sickly all her life.

Lemon Candy
27 days old. I was surprised to see pistils on LemonSoil this morning. None on Coco yet. This side-by-side grow has been enlightening. Do I suck at growing in coco? Am I using the wrong nutes? I *just* bought AN Sensi Grow for Coco A/B and started feeding that yesterday, but the so-called pH balancing technology is pure marketing hype. It stabilizes at 7.2, not the 5.8 it needs to be. :/

She certainly ain't the perdiest young girl I have ever seen, but she should be fine. That new growth is developing nicely. I think she is will be grow normally here real soon!

You're not kidding, Van! Poor thing has a genetic deformity, it looks like. I imagine all the leaves on that one side will come out mangled, but that just makes her a candidate for a mainline or flux! :D Here she is this morning.

Recent feeding history:
19 Mar: 2 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.94
17 Mar: 2 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.71
16 Mar: 2 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.74
15 Mar: 2 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 6.05
14 Mar: 2 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.88

Lemon Candy

The twins are 33 days old today. The difference between soil and coco is remarkable. Soil is in flower. Coco is still vegging along. I'm having serious second thoughts about using the SensiGrow Coco instead of FoxFarms. Coco's growth (and Red Diesel's, above) are notably slow. I ordered a new pH pen, just in case, though I did recalibrate my existing pen this weekend.

Recent feeding history:
19 Mar: 20 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.94
17 Mar: Soil - 20 oz (FF BB 1T, GB 1.25t, CalMag .25t / gal) at pH 6.38 / Coco - 20 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.71
16 Mar: 15 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.74
15 Mar: 15 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 6.05
14 Mar: Soil - 20 oz (.5 T BB .5t GB .5 t TB per half gallon) at pH 6.62 / Coco - 20 oz (AN Sensi Grow Coco A/B 3.75ml each / gal ) at pH 5.88

Amnesia Haze
She's 43 days old and ready to move into the flowering tent, but there's no room! The Dance World is taking longer than expected to finish. But Amnesia is staying short, so I'm not worried yet. She hardly drinks anything, even in the 3 gallon pot. I can go 4-5 days between waterings.

17 Mar: Received 20 oz (FF BB 1T, GB 1.25t, CalMag .25t / gal) at pH 6.38

Painkiller XL
She's 65 days old and her tops are almost up to the top tomato cage ring! Comparing her photos to the day of flip, I'd say she's stretched a good eight inches, maybe more.

17 Mar: Received 60 oz (FF BB 1T, GB 1.25t, TB 1.25t / gal) at pH 6.51.

Dance World
105 days old, 9w2d in flower. Her buds have really thickened lately! I scoped her on Saturday (on her 9-weeks-in-flower birthday), but she's not ready. I'll scope her again at 10 weeks.

17 Mar: 60 oz plain water at pH 6.46
14 Mar: 80oz plain water at pH 6.54

Red Diesel
Two weeks old today. Transplanted her yesterday into a 1 gallon felt pot. Hydrated the coco coir brick with the same feed I've been giving her: Advanced Nutrients' SensiGrow for Coco at the 2ml/l strength. At 2 weeks old, she's tiny and misshapen, but she seems otherwise healthy. I'm not convinced the AN Sensi line is best for my coco plants at this point. The so-called pH Perfect technology is not adjusting the pH to the ideal level. Last few feedings, pH was:
6.9, 6.4, 6.4, 7.0, 6.4, 7.0.
I wrote to them to ask WTF, but I got a canned response about how wonderful the product is and how it "works" in a large range of pHs. I don't understand how their concoction would change a plant to uptake nutes outside its ideal pH range when genetics says no. Probably going to switch back to FoxFarms for bloom. I do have my receipt, so I'll return it to the store this week.

Amnesia Haze
This girl does not drink. She's 7 weeks old and only needs feeding every 5 days or so. She looks great, but she's staying compact for me, which is great since there's no room for her in the flower tent quite yet.

Last fed (FF 1T BigBloom, 1t Grow Big) on Mar 22 at pH 6.5

Lemon Candy
The twins are 39 days old now and doing fine. Soil has some nice flowers developing. Coco only recently switched herself into flowering stage -- her top is thickening, and I see a pistil or two within it.

This week, I realized I'd been feeding Coco the seedling strength nutes. No wonder she was developing so slowly. DUH. So I bumped it up to the 2ml/l strength for one feeding and then to the full 4ml/l strength after that. She seems to be taking off now. Gotta wonder if she'd have kept up with (or surpassed) Soil if I'd fed her properly all this time.

Painkiller XL
She's 71 days old and 2 weeks in flower. She really stretched! Her tops are about 5-6 inches above the top of the tomato cage. I hope she's done! She got 80 oz water today (with FF BigBloom 1T, Grow Big 2t, TigerBloom 2t) at pH 6.3, and 60 oz (with FF BigBloom 1/2T, Grow Big .25t, TigerBloom 1t) on 22 Mar at pH 6.6.

Dance World
Ahhh, good ol' Macksine. She's still hanging in there, though she was super wilted this morning. She is so thirsty these days and shedding leaves like crazy. She's getting plain water only. Today, she got 90 oz at pH 6.6. Last feeding was 21 Mar -- 80 oz at pH 6.46.

I scoped her yesterday (10 weeks in flower!), but she still doesn't look ready to me. *sigh* (But I suspected a while back she'd take longer than the advertised flowering time.)

Tending to six plants takes a good hour every day. I must plan a little better to fit it into my morning!

Red Diesel
She's still quite runty. I gave her the Sensi Grow Coco at full strength today (4ml/L). PPM was 632, pH 6.8. Though the pH of the SensiGrow solution isn't near the 5.8 level I thought it should be, neither of the plants getting it are showing signs of nute lockout. It's been 16 days since I started using it.

Amnesia Haze
I pinched off four fan leaves this morning to open up the middle. She's biding her time, waiting for her slot in the flower tent. Yesterday she got 60 oz of water with (FF BB 1T & GB 1T per gal) at PPM 1109 and pH 6.8.

Lemon Candy
Coco is finally starting to catch up to Soil. She's starting to flower, so she's in a stretch, I think. Yesterday, she got 20oz Sensi Grow Coco at pH 6.9. Today, I flushed her with 60 oz FF Sledgehammer (1/4 tsp / 1/2 gal) at pH 5.4 before feeding the Sensi Grow Coco again at pH 6.8.

Soil isn't drinking very fast. Her last feeding was 22 Mar.

Painkiller XL
I sure hope she's done stretching! She's happy and healthy under the Growant 480. Her last feeding was on 25 Mar - FF BB 1T, GB 2t, TB 2t at pH 6.3

Dance World
I don't get it. Macksine is 10w4d in flower (an "8-week" strain) and there are NO amber trichs anywhere. I'm tentatively planning to chop her this weekend (11 weeks in flower), but that'll be a game-day decision when I scope her. She got 80 oz plain water at pH 6.5 this morning.

Red Diesel

She's 3 weeks old today. Though she's still small for her age, I'm happy to see she's not showing signs of the leaf defect in her new growth. She's been getting the AN SensiGrow for Coco at ~pH 7.0 & 630 PPM once per day. When I feed her 20 oz, about 10 of that comes out the bottom. She's probably ready to up-pot to 3 gallons, but I'm going to be too busy today to do that. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. Then maybe she'll use more water/nutes. ??

Amnesia Haze

At 8w2d old, she's more than ready to get into the flower tent! She's practically begging me. Yesterday, I fed her straight water at pH 6.4. The PPM of our tap water is 131, and the vinegar I added to lower the pH probably added a little to that, but I forgot to remeasure. She looks healthy tho. She'll be moving into the flower tent later today! Woot! Then it'll be time to start a new seed (and I know just the one!). :)

Lemon Candy

At 7w2d old, the twins are almost the same height now, but Coco's leaves are much wider, and she has lots more undergrowth. Soil basically has one single cola and a few popcorn buds along the way. Most days, a 20 oz feeding produces about 4oz of runoff, but today Coco only dribbled a little out the bottom. Soil took a full 40 oz and kept most of it! She was thirsty, I guess.

Coco is getting AN SensiBloom for Coco at about pH 6.7. I don't understand why she looks so good with the pH that high, but I'm starting to *believe*. haha
Soil got a plain water feeding on 29 Mar at pH 6.4 and a feeding with 3t FF BB, 2t FF GB, and 2t FF TB today at pH 6.4. Those nutes together bring my 7.2 water down to the desired range, so no adjustment is needed.

Painkiller XL

Age 11w4d. She's a big girl! She is really digging the light and the 5-gallon pot. Today she got the same feed as Lemon Soil (3t FF BB, 2t FF GB, and 2t FF TB today at pH 6.4) but a full 80oz of it.

Dance World

FINALLY! She's showing some amber trichs. At 17w2d old and 11w1d in flower, it's time. I'll be chopping her later today. Under natural light, she looks kind of cooked. I have to pull dead sugar leaves out of her buds. :( As with the C-99, I started to worry when she started looking so haggard, but I stayed my hand, hoping to see some amber trichomes today. *whew* For some reason, my USB microscope isn't getting very good images. Maybe the port it's plugged into isn't getting enough power to it. <rubs chin thoughtfully> She got 60 oz plain water today at pH 6.4, even though the plan at this moment is to harvest later... I've been known to change my mind. lol

I did end up harvesting Macksine the Dance World yesterday. I hadn't realized how thick her buds had become until they were hanging after the plain water wash. I had to untangle them from each other while chopping, because of how I'd trained her around the peony cage.

Anyway, after trimming, I got 202g of buds (wet weight, of course) and 22g of trim. My biggest harvest so far!

She's currently drying low and slow in paper bags in the fridge. I expect she'll need 10-14 days to dry before I jar them up.

Afterward, I put the peony cage on the Amnesia Haze and moved her into the flower tent, so she's now under 12/12. Hurray! There really isn't room for four plants in that tent (which is what I've crammed in there), so it's a good thing little Red Diesel needs a few weeks more of veg time.

I did end up harvesting Macksine the Dance World yesterday. I hadn't realized how thick her buds had become until they were hanging after the plain water wash. I had to untangle them from each other while chopping, because of how I'd trained her around the peony cage.

Anyway, after trimming, I got 202g of buds (wet weight, of course) and 22g of trim. My biggest harvest so far!

She's currently drying low and slow in paper bags in the fridge. I expect she'll need 10-14 days to dry before I jar them up.

Afterward, I put the peony cage on the Amnesia Haze and moved her into the flower tent, so she's now under 12/12. Hurray! There really isn't room for four plants in that tent (which is what I've crammed in there), so it's a good thing little Red Diesel needs a few weeks more of veg time.

Nice! Gratz!

Red Diesel

26 days old. She's been getting the AN SensiGrow for Coco at ~pH 6.8 & 803 PPM. Transplanted her on 4 Apr to a 3-gal felt pot. Now she gets 60 oz of feed once per day. I also pinched off the two lowest growth nodes and fan leaves and buried her stem a little. Topped her this morning -- I think it was above the 5th node. She's looking healthy, despite the high pH. I guess AN was right -- their Sensi line "works" at a variety of pH levels.

Amnesia Haze

She's 9 weeks old, 5 days under 12/12 and already she's grown about 4 inches. Her tops were just under the top of the peony ring I put around her. Now they're 3-4 inches above it. Her tops started thickening almost right away, and I think I see pistils forming in them. She was very ready to begin flowering. She was fed 60 oz on 3 Apr and 6 Apr a concoction of Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and a taste of Tiger Bloom at pH 6.6 and 6.4, respectively. PPM was 935 and 845.

Lemon Candy

At 8 weeks old, the twins are the same height. While Soil has very dark green foliage and thin leaves, Coco is lighter green with fat leaves. She looks really good though -- no sign of nute lockout due to high pH.

Coco is getting AN SensiBloom for Coco at about pH 6.7-6.8 and PPM in the 730 range.
Soil gets what Amnesia Haze and PKXL get: 20 oz Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and a taste of Tiger Bloom at pH 6.6 and 6.4 at 935 and 845 PPM on 3 Apr and 6 Apr.

Painkiller XL

Age 12w2d. She's looking good and forming her colas. 60 oz Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom at pH 6.6 and 6.4 at 935 and 845 PPM on 3 Apr and 6 Apr.

Alien vs Triangle

Since the veg tent has only 1 plant in it, and the flower tent won't have any free spots for quite a while, I decided to grow an auto. One in particular stood out: Mephisto Alien Vs. Triangle. This is one of the free seeds I got from Seedsman in my last order. Here's the description:

Alien Vs Triangle Auto Feminised is a limited edition F1 hybrid of 2 outstanding Mephisto Originals, namely Ripley's OG and Triangle Kush. Originally given out as freebies by Mephisto such was the demand that they have now been made more widely available. Perhaps this was due to the massive colas that grow as big as your forearm or maybe it had something to do with the prodigious quantity of resin it produces. Whatever the reason just be thankful that they're now on sale! The size and powerful aroma comes from the Ripley's OG whereas the frosty resin-covered buds and leaves are the work of the Triangle Kush genetics. Structurally this strain is quite open which helps a lot with potential mold and powdery mildew issues. It grows well indoors or outdoors and is ready in anything from 65 to 75 days from sprouting. This strain has tremendous bag appeal.

So, on 1 Apr, I shook a seed in a pill bottle, then plopped it right into a moistened jiffy pellet. That went into a clear solo cup, which went into a blue solo cup with another blue one as a lid. It sat in the veg tent for 2 days, then I removed the lid. I've had to dribble water on the jiffy pellet to keep it from drying out. This morning, she broke ground.

Welcome to the world, little one!

Back
Top Bottom