Garden is looking awesome Mac! Congrats on the new addition to the family. I have a couple of those same Alien Vs Triangle beans from Seedsman as well. Thinking about trying a couple outdoor gorilla grows this Summer and thinking that would be one of them. But now watching you, I might want to do it indoors LOL.

Thanks, Van! I'm planning to grow the alien in coco, so I hope it'll eventually result in less work on my part every day! LOL

60 oz *is* too much for the 3 gallon pot of coco, but I'm so used to watering my soil plants, I brain-fart on the quantities. I'll get the hang of it eventually. Probably about half of it runs out the bottom.

Yeah I didn't think it sounded like much....but I have never grown in Coco so what do I know LOL. I usually water a gallon in 5 gallon pots, 1.25 gallons for 7 gallons and just short of 2 gallons for my 10 gallon pots.....but I am in soil.

I assume the coco just doesn't hold it like soil.

Thanks, Van! I'm planning to grow the alien in coco, so I hope it'll eventually result in less work on my part every day! LOL

60 oz *is* too much for the 3 gallon pot of coco, but I'm so used to watering my soil plants, I brain-fart on the quantities. I'll get the hang of it eventually. Probably about half of it runs out the bottom.

Brain-farts are half of what I do . LOL
:rip:o_O

I assume the coco just doesn't hold it like soil.

Right, which is good & bad. Good because you can't over-water in coco. Bad because you really need to water EVERY day, so no vacations for me! But... a really awesome person gave me an automatic watering system for my birthday this week! :D

I'm fixing to set it up and test it today. I can put it in the veg tent so the Red Diesel and Alien can get fed a little bit every few hours. Of course, Alien is too young for the full-strength nutes Red's getting, so I'll need to hand-water her for the next couple weeks and just use the watering system for Red in the meantime.

Painkiller XL
She's finally stopped growing vertically. Whew! She's taller than any plant I've had so far but not too tall for the tent. Now it's time to make lots of thick buds! She gets 80 oz of nutrient water (Fox Farms BigBloom (3tsp) + TigerBloom (2tsp) / gallon) every 3 days or so. The nutrients alone bring the pH to 6.4 or 6.5, so that's really convenient! Don't have to adjust it.

Amnesia Haze
She's still in her stretch, but I can't see her getting any taller than the PKXL, so I'm not worried. She's been in the flower tent for almost 2 weeks now and starting to make me some flowers. Good girl. :) She gets 60 oz of the same feed as the PKXL every 3 days or so.

IDK what the little yellow ball things are in her flowers. Are those in every young flower and I failed to notice? What are those?! I don't see them in Lemon Coco's flowers...

Lemon Candy
I moved the Lemon Candy plants into the center of the tent because the two other plants in the flower tent (Amnesia Haze and Painkiller XL) are taller and were casting shade on the twins. Lemon Coco has grown taller than Soil now, though her flowers aren't as developed. While Coco has some side branching and resembles a small tree, Soil has basically a single cola. Soil has been getting the same feed as Amnesia and PKXL every 3 days. I'd have thought she'd need water more often because she's still in the 1-gallon pot, but she doesn't. Coco gets 20 oz of AN SensiBloom every day. It measures 6.7-6.8 on the pH meter, but she's still none the worse for it.

Red Diesel
Gimpy no more! There's zero sign of her earlier leaf abnormalities. Her new tops are growing out just fine. She has an automatic feeder giving her a few oz of AN SensiGrow every 3 hours, and I hand water once per day, about 16 oz of the same feed. At 4w4d old, she still seems small, but I did defoliate earlier in the week so I could more easily train her.

Alien vs Triangle
She's one week old today. Now in a 1-gallon grow bag, she's getting about 8oz of AN SensiGrow at full strength every day (which may be too strong for her, but I figured I'd give it a shot to see if she could take it). Yesterday, I added her to the drip feeder, so she's getting a few oz of feed every 3 hours like Red Diesel is. Tomorrow, I'll give her a little Great White mycorrhizae, too. She'll like that.

Thanks, Van! I'm pleased with my girls' progress. I wonder... am I the only one who talks to them as if they were pets? Not baby voice, but I explain what feed I'm giving them, exclaim how pretty they are, ask them to make "momma" some pretty flowers, etc. :) Maybe it makes no difference, but maybe it does!

Oh! And the Dance World buds, harvested on 1 Apr, are in jars now. They're at around 63-64% RH, so just about right. One family member who needs them for pain relief is getting excited. :D

Thanks, Van! I'm pleased with my girls' progress. I wonder... am I the only one who talks to them as if they were pets? Not baby voice, but I explain what feed I'm giving them, exclaim how pretty they are, ask them to make "momma" some pretty flowers, etc. :) Maybe it makes no difference, but maybe it does!
I talk to mine! Not all the time....but often enough that they are used to it by now LOL

:goodjob: i had a good feeling about that derormed red diesel! I had a ww do the same thing and eventually she yeilded really well. Pretty sure ive read in more than one spot that alot of times the little deformed ones can really surprise you if you are patient! Also congrats on the dance world, looks like high quality meds!

Alien vs Triangle

She's 2w2d from seed (4d in veg) and doing great! She's been on the drip feed since 12 Apr and seems to be handling the full-strength AN SensiGrow Coco just fine. I still hand water about 6-8oz every day, just to make sure, but the last couple days, most of that has run off. I'll cut back the hand watering, since it seems the drip is giving her what she needs.

Red Diesel

5w5d from seed (4w2d in veg). She's doing really well! Looking healthy and taking the training like a champ. She's getting 8-10 oz AN SensiGrow Coco hand watered every day plus the drip line. I don't really know for sure how much it's dispensing, but it's on for 65 seconds every 3 hours (feeding 2 plants). Seems to be almost enough to sustain her, but I like the time we spend together every day. :)

Lemon Candy

The twins are 9 weeks & 4 days old. Lemon Coco looks lush and healthy, but I'm about 90% sure Soil's shiny dark green foliage and curling leaves are the result of too much N. I may have fed her the grow nutes too deep into her flowering stage.

Soil got 20 oz of plain water at 6.5 on 14 Apr and 26oz of Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at pH 6.5 on 17 Apr. PPM was 132 and 648. She's getting some N in the Tiger Bloom, but not that much.

Coco is getting AN SensiBloom for Coco every day at about pH 6.7-6.8 and PPM in the 730 range.

Amnesia Haze

10w4d from seed and 2w2d in flower. She's almost as tall as the PKXL! Thank goodness for the peony ring. It's keeping her nice and vertical and tight but not cramped. I still don't know what those yellow balls are in her flowers, but I'm not worried. She was fed 40 oz of plain water at 6.5 on 14 Apr and 60 oz of Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at pH 6.5 on 17 Apr. PPM was 132 and 648.

Painkiller XL

Age 13w6d and 5w2d in flower. No complaints! She's doing great. Fed her 60 oz of plain water at 6.5 on 14 Apr and 80oz of Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at pH 6.5 on 17 Apr. PPM was 132 and 648.

I could cry.

I think I've figured out what the yellow balls are in Amnesia's buds. POLLEN SACS. !!F*CK!!

I may have accidentally left the tent's side flap open too many times after lights' out. The flap next to where she was sitting. :(

Ohhh noo! Sorry to hear about amnesia is it the entire plant or can you cull the effected area? Also i think thats definatly an N overdose on the lemon candy, might wanna give her straight ph,d water till the new growth starts to look normal ive heard to much N in flower will make the buds taste bad. Do you add any castings to your media?
Enough negative for me today! The rest of the garden looks great for tomorrows holiday!!

Thanks, SK! All of Amnesia's buds have those yellow balls. :( But rather than chop her down, I'm giving her to a friend who has an extra (empty) tent -- he can finish growing her out and get whatever seeds she makes. And it frees up space in my flower tent, so it's not ALL bad news! haha I'm still bummed out, though.

I've started alternating Lemon Soil's feedings with plain water. She's deep into flower, so I won't see any new growth, but I do want to flush out any extra N she might still be choking on. :p Poor thing.

I haven't added anything to their feed besides what's already in the Fox Farms nutes. The BigBloom is just the micro-nutes with very little N (NPK is 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7). The Tiger Bloom is 2 - 8 - 4.

Alien vs Triangle

She's 3w from seed (1w2d in veg) and doing okay! She only gets hand watered about 3-4 oz per day, since the drip feed keeps her going. The full-strength nutes are definitely impacting her color tho. I knew this would happen and did it anyway. :p I think I'll NOT do that with the next plant, since I enjoy seeing my plants looking healthy, and lime green doesn't look healthy.

Red Diesel

6w3d from seed (5w in veg). She's doing great! I put her in the peony cage today, since I'm not planning to up-pot her before flipping. She's still getting 8-10 oz AN SensiGrow Coco hand watered every day plus the drip line.

On 4/20 ;) I FIMmed all 6 of her "tops." They're growing in great so far. I hope/plan/expect to get 12 colas on this plant. That might be too many for a plant in a 3-gallon pot, but I won't know unless I try it!

Lemon Candy

The twins are 9w6d old from seed. Coco is 3w1d in flower, and Soil is 5w5d in flower. Both are plugging along.

Amnesia Haze

She's dead to me. Not actually dead, since I gave her away because of her having bisexual flowers (I googled it!), but I'm no longer tracking this grow. Bye, Ammy. I miss you already. :(

Painkiller XL

Age 14w4d from seed and 6w0d in flower. I love how her colas are thickening. Really looking forward to trying her buds.

Back
Top Bottom