Max's First Grow - Soil - LED - Painkiller XL

20 % amber is pretty good Max, I would not be too worried about the nanners crating seeds on this grow but if those nanners pop you will have pollen all over in your tent which could be an issue on your next grow. Pollen is very tiny and hard to get every little bit of it no matter how well you clean.
If it was me, I would chopper but that is just my opinion.

Either way you are going to be getting a great harvest in :bravo:

The Final Cut

Blueberry came down on Friday 29th April 2016. She went into soil on 24th December 2015 and was 1 day shy of 10 weeks since first flower when she got the chop.

Before chop and looking pretty yellow
IMG_47834.JPG

Wet weight 481g
IMG_47897.JPG

A sample bud
IMG_47927.JPG

Another bud without flash to show off the dark blue colouring
IMG_48035.JPG

Total wet weights

PK-XL#1 308g
PK-XL#3 457g
BB#1 481g

Total 1,246g

Anticipated dry weight (25% of wet weight) 312g.

Final Statistics

It's hard to come up with the average watts because the second light wasn't added until a couple of weeks into flower, but let's pretend both lights were running from the start

Mars II 400 - 170 true watts
Mars II 900 - 380 true watts

Total true watts - 550

Wet weight - 1,246g
Dry weight - 312g (estimated based on dry weight being 25% of wet weight)

grams per watt = 0.57

I'm very pleased with the way my first ever grow has turned out and couldn't have got to this point without the amazing help from 420 Magazine members. I'm also pleased with 0.57g per watt - things will only get better as lessons learned are applied.

Thanks one and all.

Well done sir,

That my friend is an amazing 1st harvest though something tells me it will not be your best. Now that you got some experience under your belt I expect you will be growing some stellar plants. I do not know much about the Mars II 400 but I do have the Mars II 900 and mine runes 440 true watts but that is because in America we use 120 volts, not sure what you guys run but mathematically your light should last longer then mine since you are not driving it at as high of wattage.

Very nice looking buds, great color and nice and frosty :bravo:

Well done sir,

That my friend is an amazing 1st harvest though something tells me it will not be your best. Now that you got some experience under your belt I expect you will be growing some stellar plants. I do not know much about the Mars II 400 but I do have the Mars II 900 and mine runes 440 true watts but that is because in America we use 120 volts, not sure what you guys run but mathematically your light should last longer then mine since you are not driving it at as high of wattage.

Very nice looking buds, great color and nice and frosty :bravo:

Thanks OG, means a lot coming from you. Your first journal was my go-to read as I set off on this crazy grow of my own.

We are on 240v so that comes out at 385w at the wall (according to Mars Hydro).

To think I got a few Kilner jars thinking it would hold the entire harvest.. once the Blueberry is out of paper bags I'll have filled 11 jars!

I'd have been happy with a total of 3 ounces from my first run, but it looks like there'll be 10 - 11 dry ounces, so just over 3 ounces per plant. The next grow will be in a custom cabinet locked away from prying eyes. The tent is currently in use for my chillies.

Thanks for stopping by OG

Hey Max kudos for an awesome first grow 3oz per plant is very respectable!, talking of chilli plants mine love being under my 250 HPS! thinking I might have to get another one for chilli's and veggies!

Gorgeous Max! No worries on late nanners they almost never put out pollen and if you harvest soon after seeing them there is no way for them to have the time to produce seeds. When I know a strain is a late nanner producer I either flower it as a whole batch of delay it a bit behind the other girls (flip it a week later). That way there won't be any "accidents". The biggest problem with nanner throwers is when you run a perpetual that has many stages of flowering at once. Then the possibility of pollinating a young plant is higher. I run a batch perpetual for many reasons and that is near the top of the list!

Hey Max kudos for an awesome first grow 3oz per plant is very respectable!, talking of chilli plants mine love being under my 250 HPS! thinking I might have to get another one for chilli's and veggies!

Thanks Welsh, good luck with the chillies. Mine are under a Mars II 400 and got repotted recently. I've got a lot of chillies to harvest soon :)

Gorgeous Max! No worries on late nanners they almost never put out pollen and if you harvest soon after seeing them there is no way for them to have the time to produce seeds. When I know a strain is a late nanner producer I either flower it as a whole batch of delay it a bit behind the other girls (flip it a week later). That way there won't be any "accidents". The biggest problem with nanner throwers is when you run a perpetual that has many stages of flowering at once. Then the possibility of pollinating a young plant is higher. I run a batch perpetual for many reasons and that is near the top of the list!

Thanks Shig, I can see how a perpetual would be more worrying when nanners show up. There are a few seeds in the occasional bud, but not enough to worry about.

Final Update

Hi all, thanks for following along. If you've been with me since the start, you'll know I started this grow for pain relief as I tried to beat a medical opiate addiction. I've been on opiates in the form of codeine and morphine for 35 years. The reason for the long absence is that I finally beat it recently and was battling withdrawal.

Did Painkiller-XL live up to the name? Not quite. It's fairly weak stuff (6% THC, 6% CBD) and I found the painkiller effect wasn't greatly there unless I had so much I couldn't do anything else. A compromise dose reduced the pain a little without putting me on my arse. It certainly helped me beat addiction and withdrawal.

The one that really helped was the Blueberry. Given my low tolerance I can only have it at bedtime. It knocks me out until morning, which is a huge help. No more staying awake all night shivering then sweating (typical opiate withdrawal symptoms).

Short story is that this grow has achieved the original goal and I'm happily free of a 35 year addiction and getting enough of a pain reduction to function daily.

Maybe my hopes for the Painkiller-XL were a little unrealistic - it's not going to beat codeine. For mild pain I'd definitely recommend it.

Yesterday I put two more Blueberry seeds to germinate. Next week I'll germinate two CBD Kush. Blueberry takes a week longer than most of my CBD strains. I'll start a journal for that as and when.

Congratulations Max, this is great news and I'm very happy for you.
Carry on and try different strains... ALL OF THEM if that's what it takes. :bravo:

Congratulations Max, this is great news and I'm very happy for you.
Carry on and try different strains... ALL OF THEM if that's what it takes. :bravo:

Thanks Beav, your Painkiller grow was a must read for me during this. I got a total of 3 CBD strains (3 seeds each) and I'll be trying a different one in the next grow. I decided to use up the last 2 Blueberry seeds too.

Thanks for being part of this grow. Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom