Everything is looking killer Sis!!
Thanks much! I hope GGWW gives me a great yield!

Kudos for tomato cage wrangling. It should really be an Olympic event! :goodjob::passitleft:

No kidding! It took some effort, for sure, and I had to undo and redo it because a) I was stoned at the time, and b) I accidentally trapped a branch between the big rings (see a). LOL

What a month! I've been so swamped, I haven't kept up with journal reading OR writing. But here's a quick update.

Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow

13w4d from seed, 4w2d in flower, 45 days since flip.

I haven't supercropped any more of her tops, since they reached their full height about the time of my last post. But… I think the stress of being wrangled and maybe supercropped while in flower has prompted her to create…

NANNERS.

UGH. I used a tweezer to pluck off 3 small ones, but I will continue to inspect her closely for more.

Her daily feed (~4oz every 2 hours) contains:
AN SensiBloom for Coco A/B @ 1T/gal
Terpinator @ 2t / gal (roughly 10ml / gal)

Northern Lights x Big Bud Ryder

4w3d from seed, 2w6d in veg. She's doing fine, but lagging behind Alien in development. When I put the two plants into the same hempy bucket, I figured they were both autos and should begin to flower at around the same time. Nope! We have a lazy plant over here. 4 weeks and no pistils… I just hope I'm not dealing with a male! But I've had to start feeding bloom nutes because Alien needs them, so this plant best hurry up.

AN SensiBloom for Coco A/B @ 6ml/gal
Great White mycorrhizae @ .25t/gal

Alien vs Triangle (#2)

4w3d from seed, 4d in flower. This girl has some buds! And she was getting tall, so I bent her over. The hempy bucket is nice in that it has a great lip to which I can fasten the wire ties.

Every 2-3 days, she splits 2 liters of this feed with her roomie:
AN SensiBloom for Coco A/B @ 6ml/gal
Great White mycorrhizae @ .25t/gal

Looking good sistah!! Stay on top of those nanners. Not the end of the world but if left unchecked it could cause you some issues. Is it just the one plant?

Looking good sistah!! Stay on top of those nanners. Not the end of the world but if left unchecked it could cause you some issues. Is it just the one plant?

Yeah just this one. I check every day for them and haven't seen any more. Whew!

Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow

She was my first plant with actual nanners and probably not the last. I found a few more and tried plucking them off, but then I noticed that some of the lower branches looked like some nanners had opened up. Ugh! So I harvested the top colas one day and the rest of the plant a week later. I think she was about 7 weeks in flower (about 9-10 weeks from flip) at the time of the initial harvest.

I wasn't really sure why she developed nanners. Sure, I had to wrangle her a little to get her into the tomato cage, and sure, the light was a bit too close for a time, and sure, I had to supercrop her a little… but is that REALLY too much stress for a plant in flower?! haha (Yeah, I guess it is!)

So she's curing after a week of drying. And I got to try out a friend's bud trimmer! It did a pretty decent job getting the stems and fan leaf ends off. Of course, scattered among the trim were seeds. So if I feel like trying to grow this plant out again, I could try with one of those seeds, though I guess there's a good chance it'll automatically hermie.

I forgot to weigh the second harvest (wet) but the first part got me about 171g. The second part was probably about the same.

8w4d from seed, 3w3d in flower. For a time, she lagged behind Alien in size and maturity, but now… OMG. She's more than twice Alien's height. Even after I moved the hempy bucket into the taller tent, she started outgrowing it. I had to move her tallest buds so they could grow beside the light rather than directly into it.

So I went ahead and splurged on a bigger tent! See below for deets.

Every 2-3 days, she splits a gallon of this feed with her roomie:
AN SensiBloom A/B @ 6ml/gal

Alien vs Triangle (#2)

8w4d from seed, 4w5d in flower. Because she was outgrowing the first tent, I'd bent over her top quite a bit and sort of "wound" it around the periphery of the hempy bucket. She quit growing up and has stayed quite short, which was great until her bucket-mate started towering over her, hogging the light. She's only 16 inches tall from the top of the perlite to the top of the tallest bud. Like the previous Alien, she's got nice, dense trichomes.

New Tent

The new tent is 36x36x80 inches (91x91x203cm). Once the current grow is finished, I'm going to put two hempy buckets at a time in there and train the plants well to limit height. Maybe I can fit 3 buckets/plants, but I'll see how it goes with two first.

I took a page out of Sweet Sue's book and put a pair of shelves between the top of the frame and the tent fabric. I think that'll help with lighting configuration.

Currently, I have the 480w Growant lamp over the bigger plant, and the 480w Mars-Hydro lamp over the smaller plant. It's a bit hot in there, though, so I've got some ten-inch flex duct on order so I can pump more cooler air in using a slightly bigger fan. One nice feature of this tent is that the big ports are ten inches in diameter, so you can move a lot of air in and out.

So far, I'm sold on growing in perlite! But I've learned a couple things about growing in this medium:
  • Algae grows on the surface. Best to maybe cover it with a black cloth drape or something.
  • Two plants in a 7 gallon bucket is one plant too many!
  • The perlite pebbles can get stuck in the drain tube and prevent draining, making it hard to know when/how much to feed. Best to use a filter of some kind at the drain hole/tube.
  • Plants can grow big! Training is a must if height is a concern.

I did kind of fall off the planet for a minute there, but all's well. More or less. hehe I'm dying to see what's growing in your house, Van! Heading over to your journal to catch up a little. :)

Well we are glad you are back! I just harvested the Tangie Ghost Train. She was a wild child...yielded very well. 1235 grams wet, which should be between 8.5 and 11 ounces dried. Very pleased with that.....much more than I was expecting!

That's awesome!! Wow! And so inspiring. You make me think about going back to soil :)

Hurricane Michael smacked us in the face as it went by, knocking out power for five long, hot days. My poor plants went without light for that whole time, though I did water them on Tuesday, the day I expected to (and did) lose power. I wasn't in a position to put them outside. :( But they're still alive and they're getting yummy light now, so whew. First thing I did when the power came on was check my plants. :)

9w5d from seed, 4w4d in flower. She's developing some nice colas I look forward to photographing… tomorrow. (Recovering from a hurricane is busy and exhausting!)

Shortly after my last post, I turned the bucket around so the big plant is under the Mars-Hydro because the plant can tolerate being closer to that lamp. Don't want her to get burned like the others!

Alien vs Triangle (#2)

9w5d from seed, 5w6d in flower. She's doing OK, but 5 days without light is enough to make anyone hermie. I wouldn't blame either of them if they did. But having the bigger tent is really suiting me so far!

Finally got some pictures taken yesterday. :) I'm planning to scope the Alien vs Triangle on Friday and make a decision about harvesting then. Breeder says 65-75 days from sprouting, and it's been 68 days, so she's in the zone now. The NLBBR still has quite a bit of maturing to do, even though her breeder estimated the same timeline. She was a late bloomer. :)

10w5d from seed, 5w4d in flower. Colas are thickening nicely, but they haven't started turning amber yet, so we have a ways to go yet.

She got a whole gallon of AN SensiBloom A/B @ 6ml/gal to herself yesterday.

Alien vs Triangle (#2)

Harvested! 10w5d from seed at time of harvest. I scoped her on Friday and was satisfied with the whiteness of the trichomes. There were some ambers but not a ton. Didn't see any nanners, so whew! Fed plain water pHed to 6.2 her final feeding.

Lesson learned: don't put two plants of different strains in the same bucket.

Another lesson learned: cat hair sticks to trichomes. :/

I'm so glad I got this taller tent. I'll still need to be careful with height, but now I can let them grow a little more. :) I got my Seedsman prize seeds for the PotM contest this weekend, so I'm eager to begin the next grow. NLBBR isn't quite ready to harvest yet, even at 78 days from sprouting.

The Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow I grew is finished with the 4-week cure, so I had a taste for the first time today.

Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow Smoke Report

Wow. The smoke was awesome -- smooth in a bong with a hint of berry, though I'll endeavor to pay closer attention next time. Three hits in and I'm feeling it -- and I have a high tolerance. I'm usually on my third bowl by the time I reached that point, so A+ for potency! I smoked 1.5 bowls the first time, which got me good and wasted. About an hour later, I smoked the rest of that second bowl, and an hour after that, another bowl.

Though this is 80% indica, I felt it more in my head than in my body. It might've helped that I also drank an extra-strength energy drink so I'd be sure not to feel like I needed a nap half-way in. :) At 25% THC, it's not the stuff I'd introduce a new toker to, but it's my new favorite of the strains in my stash.

All in all, two thumbs up. I'll grow it again for sure!
:passitleft:

Sounds like a great smoke! I was a little disappointed in my GG#4 but I think a lot had to do with the fact I had to harvest it at 47 with pistils due to some bud rot.

oh man! Bummer. I keep expecting bud rot because if anything's gonna go wrong, it will, sooner or later! And thanks to your warning, I make a concerted effort to inspect my jars (cuz I tend to forget).

Mine was cause of the crazy high humidity in conjunction with higher temps. The buds were crazy dense and thick.....I wasn't shocked at all. Gonna grow a photo version of it as well and compare it to the auto. Just keep an eye on any of the real big areas. If you keep the air flow......they should be ok.

I have two tower fans moving air around inside, 3 fans pushing cool air into the tent, and an exhaust fan. This is possibly the best tent I've had WRT airflow. The vents are 10-inchers! I run a dehumidifier in my room to keep RH at about 45-50%, and another mini dehumidifier inside the tent.

I've got my heart set on harvesting the NLxBBR this coming weekend, even though there are still quite a few white pistils. They are turning amber, so maybe by Friday, the trichomes will be cloudy enough for me to pull the plug. I'm eager to start growing two of the new seeds I got as part of my Photo Contest prize! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom