Max's First Grow - Soil - LED - Painkiller XL

Sausage hunt wasn't successful dammit. The SCRoG frame doesn't make it easy to get at the girl at the back and there are popcorn buds under the canopy. Some advice would be very welcome at this point.

From what I've read about nanas, they have a very small amount of pollen that tends to pollinate only the bud they're on. My fear is that the fan could distribute the pollen a little further afield and wreck the whole crop. Would the sensible thing be to get them out and find the nanas or is ignoring it and hoping for the best a viable option?

Is it worth removing the SCRoG and getting each plant out for a proper inspection, or will it stress them even more and lead to more hermi buds?

One side benefit would be the ability to flush properly. I've used organic nutes but I suspect they probably contain salts of some description. I don't water to run-off so the soil probably has a salt build up. Maybe. How important is a flush? If it's vital then there's no option, I'll have to remove the SCRoG. I could kill two birds with one stone; inspect every bud and flush.

I guess this is a question of least risk; leave them in and hope for the best, or take them out to examine every bud and flush?

Wonderingly

if you have a herm get it out. they can ruin whole crops, especially small ones.

As for flushing i only flush last 2 weeks to clean the plant out. Theres no need to flush a plant with water unless you had a major disaster and even then id flush with 1/4strength nutes.

+reps for the great advice. I'll go strip out the SCRoG and examine every bud out of the tent now.

Hermi Hunt

The hunt for nanners, nanas or hermi pollen carriers has been completed. This entailed cutting the SCRoG net and taking the girls out one by one, then examining each and every bud. There were no balls or nanners to be seen. I was hoping to find the offending bud and remove any pollen organs.

Painkiller-XL#1
IMG_45929.JPG

Painkiller-XL#3 - This one has long branches that can't support their own weight so I tied her up
IMG_46076.JPG

Blueberry#1
IMG_460913.JPG

A clean empty tent. I cleaned all the dead leaves and dried soil
IMG_46269.JPG

A sticky bud. Hopefully you can see the crystals
IMG_46149.JPG

Back home
IMG_462810.JPG

I'm hoping the damage from pollen is minimal. Either the nanners have dropped off after causing mischief, or I can't spot it/them. I spent quite some time under good lighting checking each and every bud. I guess we'll know the extent of the damage come harvest.

I'm hoping the damage from pollen is minimal. Either the nanners have dropped off after causing mischief, or I can't spot it/them. I spent quite some time under good lighting checking each and every bud. I guess we'll know the extent of the damage come harvest.

There's always room for hope. I'll cross my fingers for ya Max.

Close to Harvest?

Today Painkiller XL #1 is 102 days old (14 weeks 4 days)
8 weeks 3 days since flip
6 weeks 3 days since first flower

Here's how she looks right now. Apologies for the close up pictures, the microscope leaves something to be desired

IMG_46706.JPG

IMG_46736.JPG

IMG_46769.JPG

IMG_46777.JPG

IMG_46836.JPG

I took her out of the tent to get under neutral lighting and with a jeweller's loupe I see maybe 50% amber on some leaves and 5 - 20% on buds. My feeling is she's very close to harvest, but I'm struggling to tell.

What do our resident experts think?

Thanks in advance

Looking good Max, I can still see some clear heads.

What kinda high are you after? Heady high or full body couch lock high?

If its the first you cant mostly cloudy some clear, 2nd you want cloudy amber

Looking good Max, I can still see some clear heads.

What kinda high are you after? Heady high or full body couch lock high?

If its the first you cant mostly cloudy some clear, 2nd you want cloudy amber

Hi Welsh, I'm after a head high mainly, but I'd like to harvest some buds at more amber to get a night time blend too. Even with the jeweller's loupe I'm struggling to make out how many clear trichomes there are. I actually thought it would be easy to spot clear, milky and amber but it's not readily apparent to me :-/

+reps for the advice.

Yea can be a bit awkward at first, ive noticed the amber ones will really stand out though.

Its bloody hard to see through the loupe isnt it

Hi Welsh, I'm after a head high mainly, but I'd like to harvest some buds at more amber to get a night time blend too. Even with the jeweller's loupe I'm struggling to make out how many clear trichomes there are. I actually thought it would be easy to spot clear, milky and amber but it's not readily apparent to me :-/

+reps for the advice.
I will say max, that giving reps must be a thing of forum people from years ago. No one seems to give them anymore like they used to. Now we just slam the like button like on facebook. So I'll give you some reps for doing handing them out when deserved.

Yea can be a bit awkward at first, ive noticed the amber ones will really stand out though.

Its bloody hard to see through the loupe isnt it

It is indeed. It's very difficult to differentiate between clear and milky. Looking at the plants with a naked eye reveals a brown sheen to the sugar and made me think I'd left it too late, but with the scope it's obvious there's not as much amber as I thought.

I've noticed that the trichomes are looking a bit old and bent now. When I first started looking the stalks were straight. I'm in a bit of a quandary; I don't want to harvest so soon they they aren't at full potency, but I don't want to end up with a couch lock either. If harvesting first thing is essential then possibly Friday, but more likely Sunday is the earliest I can chop. If it isn't essential I can do it any evening.

The two other plants are at different stages so I can't do a long dark cycle just before harvest.

I'm starting to think this is the hardest stage!

I will say max, that giving reps must be a thing of forum people from years ago. No one seems to give them anymore like they used to. Now we just slam the like button like on facebook. So I'll give you some reps for doing handing them out when deserved.

Cheers Nismo, have some too ;-)

You could always take a little off, dry it and give it a go so what you think. I did that (a lot) with my last grow :D

Thanks Welsh. I did take a bud last week and it's already plenty strong enough for a lightweight like me. I've cut down on the water for PK-XL#1 in anticipation of a weekend chop, but I'm struggling to identify the perfect moment.

Back
Top Bottom