Max's First Grow - Soil - LED - Painkiller XL

92 Days Old, 7 Weeks Flip, 5 Weeks Flower

Forgive the orientation, we used an Android phone
20160321_181832.jpg

One of the buds appears to have lots of amber
Screenshot_2016-03-21-18-41-28.png

More fan leaves are yellowing, making me wonder if this grow is close to finishing. Official flower period for harvest is 8 weeks. If I count from first flower they have 3 weeks to go. If I count from flip they only have a week left.

Damn, I'm confused

Them buds looking tasty, dont go by breeder flower time there are many things that can influence it stuff like light, nutes, temp etc you got to go with what she tells you.

Making Cannabis-Infused Butter (or "Cannabutter)

Ingredients:

1 lb unsalted butter
1 cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
1 ounce of ground cannabis flower or 1 1/2 ounces of high-quality cannabis trim (this amount will make some pretty potent butter, so decrease the amount of cannabis if you want a recipe that delivers lighter doses)

Stove Top Method:

1. Add one cup of water and 1 lb of butter into a stock pot or sauce pan and let it melt and begin to simmer on low. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
2. As butter begins to melt, add in your ground cannabis product.
3. Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.

Slow Cooker Method (my personal favorite):

1. Turn slow cooker onto low and add in 1 cup of water, 1 lb of unsalted butter, and 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of ground cannabis flower.
2. Cover slow cooker and let simmer on low for 8 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. When it comes to infusing butter, the longer you let the cannabis product simmer, the more cannabinoids will be infused into the final product.

For Both Methods:

1. After simmering for your desired amount of time, pour the hot mixture into a glass, refrigerator-safe container, using a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to strain out all plant product from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid off of the plant product as possible. Discard leftover plant material.
2. Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the now infused canna-butter from the water to use in your recipes. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened canna-butter.

You could also check out MagicalButter Home - Eat To Treat with Healthy Herbs a sponsor of here as well :)
I found that decarbonizing the bud first makes it better. The last time I did it I think I was too high lol. I started walking around and I almost felt drunk but 100% coherent. Won't eat a full brownie next time lol

nismo12 yea decarb will help as well, I guess it depends what your going to be doing with the butter, generally if your baking with it itll get up to the temperature to change the THCA to THC

Them buds looking tasty, dont go by breeder flower time there are many things that can influence it stuff like light, nutes, temp etc you got to go with what she tells you.

Thanks Welsh. Alas, as a total noob I'm deaf to what they are telling me. I'll have to check more buds and keep an eye on things. I was under the impression that breeders tend to give a faster finish time than is actually achieved.

If lights have an influence on time then it's worth noting they have 111 watts per foot of true at-the-wall LED.

I found that decarbonizing the bud first makes it better. The last time I did it I think I was too high lol. I started walking around and I almost felt drunk but 100% coherent. Won't eat a full brownie next time lol

If you're not cooking with it then absolutely!

Ha ha, I've been there too. Eating too many space cakes is something you don't repeat too often :)

I thought flower time was from the flip. But who knows lol. Hopefully a veteran can come in here and set us straight. Looking fantastic though

Thanks Nismo. I've read conflicting advice on this. I hope they are on week 5 of 8 and have more time to fatten up. They do seem to have stopped bulking though.

Remember lots of amber will be a heavy coach lock type high nice nix of cloudy/amber is good

I agree with welshpony, watch your amber trichomes or you could go right past prime for the particular strain you're growing. That one pic looked like you are very close. You might want to consider holding off on any more nutrients and go with just water if you think you're about there. Also, some folks like to have them in darkness for 48 hours before you chop them... have you considered this? Whichever way you go, most say to chop just before lights come back on because as soon as they get light they start sucking nutes up out of the roots. Please double check any advice for yourself though,,, I haven't been at this all that long either but it looks like you are about to have to make some decisions.
:thumb:

Nice job Max. looking good buddy!

Remember lots of amber will be a heavy coach lock type high nice nix of cloudy/amber is good

I'm not after couch lock and have been completely thrown by the presence of so much amber. The other buds seem to still be clear. It's a two man job to light it up nicely with the LED's switched off. Alas it's lights out in the tent now so I'll try again tomorrow.

I agree with welshpony, watch your amber trichomes or you could go right past prime for the particular strain you're growing. That one pic looked like you are very close. You might want to consider holding off on any more nutrients and go with just water if you think you're about there. Also, some folks like to have them in darkness for 48 hours before you chop them... have you considered this? Whichever way you go, most say to chop just before lights come back on because as soon as they get light they start sucking nutes up out of the roots. Please double check any advice for yourself though,,, I haven't been at this all that long either but it looks like you are about to have to make some decisions.
:thumb:

Nice job Max. looking good buddy!

Thanks Beav. Luckily today's water had no nutes. I did plan a dark period followed by a morning harvest - I read they suck chlorophyll up as soon as they get daylight.

Yes, some decisions will be required soon, which has completely thrown me. I thought I had another 3 weeks!

Tomorrow I'll look at some more buds to check the state of play.

Can I ask how much amber you had when you harvested the Painkiller XL?

Thanks Beav. Luckily today's water had no nutes. I did plan a dark period followed by a morning harvest - I read they suck chlorophyll up as soon as they get daylight.

Yes, some decisions will be required soon, which has completely thrown me. I thought I had another 3 weeks!

Tomorrow I'll look at some more buds to check the state of play.

Can I ask how much amber you had when you harvested the Painkiller XL?

I shot for about 25% if I remember correctly Max. I have one more PK-XL clone in a 5 gallon pot that is still in veg., but I am happy with how the mom turned out so I will shoot for the same amount of amber on this one. This is definitely my morning strain so keep that in mind. I took some at night (tincture) one time and was up half the night. I doubt it was a coincidence so I'm not gonna try it again.

I shot for about 25% if I remember correctly Max. I have one more PK-XL clone in a 5 gallon pot that is still in veg., but I am happy with how the mom turned out so I will shoot for the same amount of amber on this one. This is definitely my morning strain so keep that in mind. I took some at night (tincture) one time and was up half the night. I doubt it was a coincidence so I'm not gonna try it again.

Sounds perfect for daytime use! I've been reading up on tinctures and it set me off on a bit of a tangent. High proof alcohol is difficult to get hold of in the UK, so I started looking at stills. This lead me back to an earlier idea of brewing alcohol in my grow tent to provide CO2.

Back
Top Bottom