Max's First Grow - Soil - LED - Painkiller XL

Back Building - Day 31 Flower

Chopped a few tips off to test out the back building technique. Apparently this should be done just after the half way stage. There were two very similar buds so one was left alone and one tipped.

IMG_45256.JPG

I'll be drying that out and having my first smoke in over 5 years. I don't believe it will be great even though it was very frosty.

The cabinet is almost done. Need to jiggle the doors and varnish some of the new pieces. Coming together nicely :)

IMG_45268.JPG

Cheers Shig :)

I'm going to varnish the two raw side pieces tomorrow.

Actually feeling a bit stoned, hurrah! Just made another, double the strength from the other tub. The pictured tub was Painkiller XL. The other tube, not shown, contains Blueberry.

The tips had 5 minutes in an oven at 180 degrees to dry out. Smells very grassy. No taste other than tobacco in the joint but afterwards the room smells of weed.

During and immediately after there was no effect other than a nicotine rush. A few minutes later and I feel very relaxed and able to sleep. It's building up some more as I type. I feel extreme relaxation (said in an Austin Powers voice).

Right, I'll have to other and see if I can sleep. Had bad insomnia for a few weeks so sleep would be awesome.

hmmmm, White Castle munchies :)

Had the second. Absolutely nothing during. Really doesn't taste of weed in the joint but there was a hint of sticky lip resin. Afterwards the room smells of uncured grassy weed. Quelle surprise.

If the second creeps up like the first then my smile will get bigger and I'll keel over and snooze. Can't wait!

Oh, and if I can feel something that I can't even taste then a full strength doobie of fully grown, slow dried, cured weed will give me a white out, never mind a White Castle mission.

And another 'oh'... I really do not like smoking. It's been so long I forgot what it's like. Time to seriously research alternative delivery mechanisms. No doubt I'll be asking about vapourisers soon.

Hey Max,
Be sure to do a lil studying on Tinctures...... they are becoming my favorite way to partake.

P.S. I just pulled out one AK-47, one Acapulco Gold, and one Catatonic to germinate. Time to start thinking about nice weather in 8-10 weeks and I'm ready for a couple plain ole "FUN STRAINS this time around." :thumb:

Our :420: brother Shiggityflip has a link in his sig to creating concentrated oil for e liquid. (pen vaporizers) the ones ya see every1 walkin around with.. And SweetSue has quite a bit of info on her threads from various big names on CCO. She also very well may have a great recipe for baked goods made with canna butter. I hear she makes a mean pot brownie! I make canna butter alot. I love the high from edibles. Its super simple to do too my friend. :thumb:

Hey Max,
Be sure to do a lil studying on Tinctures...... they are becoming my favorite way to partake.

P.S. I just pulled out one AK-47, one Acapulco Gold, and one Catatonic to germinate. Time to start thinking about nice weather in 8-10 weeks and I'm ready for a couple plain ole "FUN STRAINS this time around." :thumb:

I shall investigate that thanks Beav. I've heard great things about the Acapulco Gold. Vlad has just harvested some.

Are you looking for fun strains to help enjoy the good weather or are you thinking of growing them outdoors? I could never grow outside in the frozen wastelands of northern England.

Our :420: brother Shiggityflip has a link in his sig to creating concentrated oil for e liquid. (pen vaporizers) the ones ya see every1 walkin around with.. And SweetSue has quite a bit of info on her threads from various big names on CCO. She also very well may have a great recipe for baked goods made with canna butter. I hear she makes a mean pot brownie! I make canna butter alot. I love the high from edibles. Its super simple to do too my friend. :thumb:

Cheers Stihl, I really didn't enjoy smoking it so alternative suggestions are welcome right now.

Last night got a bit blurry. Got very wrecked on 2.5 joints. Uncomfortably so in fact. Got a bit trippy on the Blueberry. This was a free recreational seed but my real interest is in the medical strains. The Painkiller XL isn't too strong but it's a creeper. The Blueberry hit me almost immediately and I couldn't finish the smoke. I've got another half spliff waiting, quite probably for someone else. I used to smoke an ounce a week and it was rare I got as uncomfortable as I felt last night. The last time I felt like that was on a legal smoke called Annihilation. Very appropriately named stuff.

The grow cabinet is coming together and I snapped a picture of the interior with two coats of varnish

IMG_45176.JPG

I picked up a roll of reflective material yesterday but it almost seems a shame to hide such a lovely wood grain.

Today we'll find out just how much interrupting the light affects plants. Got an electrician here fitting security lights and at some point he'll be shutting the power off. Fingers crossed it doesn't upset the girls too much. I read in a thread somewhere that they should be fine and that solar eclipses occur naturally. Not sure total darkness is the same thing but it seemed a reasonable explanation.

The security lights are going on the wall outside the grow room, but the electrician has been completely banned from going in that room for obvious reasons.

Ah, I wibble. Have a great day everyone. I'm going to ponder alternative delivery mechanisms and wonder if my love affair with MJ is over or not. I suspect I dived in too deep for my first outing in > 5 years. No matter what I decide, it's obvious that these will be potent meds when harvested at the right time, then carefully dried and cured. I'm enjoying the grow side of things greatly and that is proving therapeutic in its own way.

I shall investigate that thanks Beav. I've heard great things about the Acapulco Gold. Vlad has just harvested some.

Are you looking for fun strains to help enjoy the good weather or are you thinking of growing them outdoors? I could never grow outside in the frozen wastelands of northern England.

Well, my plan is to give them a couple months head start indoors, then move them outdoors towards the middle to end of May. I've never grown outdoors so I guess this is kind of an experiment too.

I have been getting into butter. Very easy to follow guidelines on this site. One of the local dispensaries sells shake for 15-25 bucks an ounce. Kind of harsh to smoke, but males great butter. Spread a bit on toast, put it in oatmeal, make brownies. I am really enjoying eating instead of smoking, and I think my lungs are enjoying the break.
My cana-bill is down, way down. only smoke a couple of bowls in the evening, the cheap powerful butter keeps me in a nice zone.

Max that cabinet is gorgeous! Ya wanna come over and build some cabinets for me?? :rofl: I have brownies! :cheesygrinsmiley: I made grilled ham & cheese sandwiches on thick marble rye last night and used canna butter.. Bahahaha. My gf ate one.. Then ate mine about an hour later.. went to bed.. Got up an hour later and left... Came back 10 minutes later.. She thought she had slept thru the night and had to go to work. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Max that cabinet is gorgeous! Ya wanna come over and build some cabinets for me?? :rofl: I have brownies! :cheesygrinsmiley: I made grilled ham & cheese sandwiches on thick marble rye last night and used canna butter.. Bahahaha. My gf ate one.. Then ate mine about an hour later.. went to bed.. Got up an hour later and left... Came back 10 minutes later.. She thought she had slept thru the night and had to go to work. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Priceless :)

It'd cost a lot of edibles to have me build a cabinet - it's taking a long time as I'm making it up as I go along and I need feeding at least 3 times a day... multiply by many days of pissing around. Still interested? ;)

That cab in gorgeous Max! It does seem a shame to cover up that lovely grain but think of the babies :)

Cheers Welsh. I'll get the grow material on over the course of this week. I may do a few more coats of varnish outside to make up for hiding the grain inside.

I have been getting into butter. Very easy to follow guidelines on this site. One of the local dispensaries sells shake for 15-25 bucks an ounce. Kind of harsh to smoke, but males great butter. Spread a bit on toast, put it in oatmeal, make brownies. I am really enjoying eating instead of smoking, and I think my lungs are enjoying the break.
My cana-bill is down, way down. only smoke a couple of bowls in the evening, the cheap powerful butter keeps me in a nice zone.

Thanks for the advice Salton. Do you have a favourite method for making butter that you'd be willing to outline for me please (or perhaps a link)?

Cheers

Well, my plan is to give them a couple months head start indoors, then move them outdoors towards the middle to end of May. I've never grown outdoors so I guess this is kind of an experiment too.

That sounds like a cunning plan Beav. I will follow along eagerly once you embark upon that mission and wish you the best of luck. It's illegal where I am and the climate isn't conducive to outdoors grows. I greatly envy those with a nice growing climate.

Making Cannabis-Infused Butter (or "Cannabutter)

Ingredients:

1 lb unsalted butter
1 cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
1 ounce of ground cannabis flower or 1 1/2 ounces of high-quality cannabis trim (this amount will make some pretty potent butter, so decrease the amount of cannabis if you want a recipe that delivers lighter doses)

Stove Top Method:

1. Add one cup of water and 1 lb of butter into a stock pot or sauce pan and let it melt and begin to simmer on low. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
2. As butter begins to melt, add in your ground cannabis product.
3. Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.

Slow Cooker Method (my personal favorite):

1. Turn slow cooker onto low and add in 1 cup of water, 1 lb of unsalted butter, and 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of ground cannabis flower.
2. Cover slow cooker and let simmer on low for 8 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. When it comes to infusing butter, the longer you let the cannabis product simmer, the more cannabinoids will be infused into the final product.

For Both Methods:

1. After simmering for your desired amount of time, pour the hot mixture into a glass, refrigerator-safe container, using a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to strain out all plant product from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid off of the plant product as possible. Discard leftover plant material.
2. Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the now infused canna-butter from the water to use in your recipes. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened canna-butter.

You could also check out MagicalButter Home - Eat To Treat™ with Healthy Herbs a sponsor of here as well :)

Back
Top Bottom