Just keep checking every few days. When they start to turn, it can happen fast. Keep that big girl strapped down and you should be alright sista!!!
Thanks, Van! Her buds look so frosty and purple. They look done-ish but for those trichs. The waiting game begins. :D

CBD Hash Plant

Age 4w4d from seed, 2w6d in veg. She's doing well so far. No problems at all. I feed her about 10 oz of AN SensiGrow Coco every day, but probably 2 of those run out the bottom. Topped her on May 12, and her new tops are being tied down.

Alien vs Triangle

Age 7w1d from seed, 1w1d in flower. She's done a wonderful job developing flowers for me! But she's kind of taking over my small (2x2x4) veg tent. Luckily, only the CBD Hash Plant is in there with her, and she's small enough to fit in a corner and still get full light.

Red Diesel
10w4d from seed (2w1d from flip). She's been getting 40 oz of AN SensiBloom Coco at 1T/gal (each part) daily since 18 May, and 40 oz AN SensiGrow Coco daily before that. She really stretched! But her branches look sturdy, so I'm hoping they don't flop over like the PKXL's have.

So when I spotted the little yellow things forming in her flowers, I started cursing. Are you bleeping kidding me?! Another bisexual flowering plant?! WTAF?! I'm going to let her develop a little more before I decide what to do, but I'm pretty pissed off right now.

Lemon Candy

Because my flower tent was soooo crowded, I decided to go ahead and harvest Lemon Soil on 14 May. She was 13w0d old (from seed) at the time and about 8w in flower. Easiest harvest ever -- just cut her at the main trunk, washed her, and hung her to dry. She's been drying low & slow in the fridge in paper bags for one week, so she's almost ready to begin the cure.

Wet weight: Buds = 75g; Trim = 15g
Stay tuned for dry weight!

Coco gets fed 20-30oz of AN Sensi Bloom for Coco mixed at 1T/gal (PPM is ~725) every day. She is more developed than Soil was and has a couple side colas in addition to the main stalk. She's 14w0d old (from seed) and has been in flower for 7w2d.

Painkiller XL

Age 18w5d from seed and 10w1d in flower. She's been getting only pHed water since 8 May. I love her purple color! Scoped her on Saturday, but she's not quite there yet. I'll check again on Wednesday.

Congrats on the Lemon Candy harvest. I was wondering when you were going to chop her. Hadn't seen any posts for a bit and had some bad thoughts creeping in. Glad to see you got her down with no hitch. Looking forward to the smoke report!

I'm here! Nothing bad happened, unless you count yellow pollen sacs in my buds. I've been super busy trying to finish up a job and haven't had a lot of time for posting (or reading, for that matter). I hope all's well with you and Ms Stank!

oh no....did you get nanners? Ms Stanks been picking em off our Blue Dream. I think they are from when I accidentally split her stem down the middle at the beginning of flower. They are no fun....but can sometimes gives you some feminized seeds!

We are well. Harvested the Stankberry last week and going to harvest the Nukehead #2 probably tomorrow. Both were gorgeous plants!

The Stankberry....

And the Nukehead.....

Ms Stanks Harlequin is winding down as well and will likely be chopped next week. Now you are all caught up on our journal minus the hundreds of pictures and endless banter LOL!

Lovely!! I love how the Nukehead is going purple. I'm really interested in trying the Harlequin in a future grow, too.

No nanners -- just the yellow pollen sacs growing in the flowers like I had with the Amnesia Haze. I wonder if there was something wrong with the feminization process they went through. *COULDN'T BE GROWER ERROR!!* (LOL). Makes me wonder if that's why they give away the seeds for free... :p

CBD Hash Plant

Age 5w5d from seed, 4w0d in veg. She's doing pretty well. A few of her leaves are looking a little rough, but she's sort of crammed into the back corner of the tent because a certain AUTOFLOWERING PLANT is taking up way more room than I expected. I feed her 10-20 oz of AN SensiGrow Coco every day. Sometimes she likes the whole 20, sometimes she only wants a sip.

Alien vs Triangle

Age 8w2d from seed, 3w2d in flower. She is only about eight inches from the 300-watt LED lamp, but I've raised it almost as high as I can. I could maybe wrap each of the wire ties around the pole once to get it a wee bit closer, but I'll wait to see if she tries to crowd closer. She's making lots of pretty flowers for mama! I feed her 40-50oz of AN SensiBloom for Coco every day mixed as instructed (1T each part per gallon).

Lemon Candy

Alone in the flower tent at last! Lemon Coco has claimed it as her own. She has some nice, thick colas. The lower ones are too heavy to stand upright, so I need to get a dowel to tie them to. She's 15w1d from seed, and 8w3d in flower. Getting close!

She gets fed 20-30oz of AN Sensi Bloom for Coco mixed at 1T/gal (PPM is ~725) every day. Today, she drank almost 40oz!

Painkiller XL

Harvested on 27 May! She was 19w4d from seed at time of harvest and 11w0d since flip. After I cut her down washed her, I hung the buds to dry, then trimmed them up, removed from stems, and put into paper bags. They're now drying low & slow in the fridge. Though I went by the trichomes, I wasn't happy with the way her buds looked under natural light. They looked dead, especially when they were hanging to drip-dry. They weren't shriveled or crinkly like dead leaves get, but they were practically black. I hope that's not bud rot… They don't look like any bud rot pictures I've seen. They just look super dark purple. Next time I grow this strain, I'll harvest by 10 weeks post-flip.

I pulled 194g buds and 40g trim from her (wet weight). Stay tuned for dry weight!

Lemon Candy

Harvested!! She was 15w6d from seed at time of harvest and about 9w in flower. Since she was grown in the flower tent from the get-go, I didn't count flower time from flip but from when I first saw pistils. She developed one thick cola and a few side ones -- much more productive than her "sister" grown in soil, though she took longer to get her first pistils.

Once she's dry, I'll trim her and post wet weights. I'm thinking I'll try cobbing with her… :D

Alien vs Triangle

Age 9w from seed, 4w in flower. I love her developing colas!

I noticed BUGS flying around in the tent a few days ago. They look like little fruit flies, so I got some fly paper cards to hang up inside. So far, most of the bugs are gone, and several are stuck to the cards, so yay. I read that some people treat the grow medium with a 4-1 water/H2O2 solution, so if the bugs don't quit showing up, I'll have to try that.

I think I know the problem -- I bought some cheap coco and didn't do much to it besides hydrate when I transplanted her. (Where else could they have come from?) So when it was time to xplant CBD Hash Plant, I tried to do a better job of washing the coco before I put her into it.

CBD Hash Plant

6w3d from seed, 4w5d in veg. I hydrated and thoroughly rinsed a new brick of coco until the water ran mostly clear, then "conditioned" it with plain water at pH 5.9. Put some in the bottom of a 3-gallon felt pot, sprinkled some mycorrhizae on top, then removed the plant from the 1-gallon felt pot she was in. I stuffed more coco all around her, making sure to pack her in (but not too hard) for support. Then I ran another gallon of water at pH 5.3 through the coco/pot, let her drip for a few minutes, and put her in the flower tent (36x20x62 in. with Growant 480), which she now has all to herself.

I'm seriously considering starting the plants in a plastic pot, because the feeling & sound of roots tearing away when I transplant is unpleasant for me and probably "painful" to the plant. If the sides were smooth, the roots wouldn't grab on and tear away. I like the felt for the final container, but the intermediate ones might be plastic going forward.

Anyway, there she is! Nice clean tent with all the room she could want. For now. Grow, baby! Grow!

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. After trimming, I piled all the buds from Lemon Candy Coco into the bowl of my scale (which is probably not super accurate, but it's close enough for my purposes).

and POW! Biggest harvest for me, ever.

Considering how short this plant was and how few colas she had, I'm shocked. And repetitive. But mostly shocked! Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong with the others that this one could beat them so thoroughly in terms of yield!

And the trim...

So... 242g buds, 50g trim. Guess I have plenty to try the cobbing technique! :D

Some strains just produce much more solid and dense nuggets. I am finding that to be the case with my Jack Herer Auto. The buds are very small but damn they are dense as hell and weigh far more than they look like!

Great news on being able to try the cobbing. Don't spend much time trimming any buds you think you will cob. Just cut the fan leaves off that don't have any trichomes and leave everything that does have them.

Super excited about trying the cobbing thing! I cobbed up 44g of the Lemon Candy (coco) and another 21g worth as my canary. Didn't have any twine to wrap it, so I had to use rubber bands, but I'll get some twine for next time. I'm itching to try it with the Painkiller XL, which is still drying in the fridge. It might not be below 70% yet. I should check!

Back
Top Bottom