Hello 420 Folks

RippedVanWnkl

So I'm just not really an online sort of person... I do web work for a living, but somehow never really got into posting, blogging, texting. I've found that careful reading of these pages has identified and provided solutions for every problem I've encountered... so to all the anonymous folks who have helped and never known it, Thank you! -- Probably most of my praise would go to one dedicated poster calls himself Roseman.

Here's my story...

I was born at the tail end of the post WWII baby boom, grew my hair out in '69 after the Hippy was buried in effigy in San Francisco (Cover of Time that week).

I tasted L*D in the summer of '68 and in '69 found weed and hashish... WOW.

For 15 years I was a daily smoker, when I could get some, and I lived with a dealer so I had free weed a lot.

I remember being absolutely STUNNED in the '70's when he started charging $20 for an ounce of Colombian... Seeds, Stems, Leaves and all... I mean, a LID cost $10 until then... and look at it now...

Almost a year after my only son was born I decided to lay down my weed. The wife and I had been leading a Teen Youth group at our church, my toking had declined to maybe twice a week, just a few tokes in a small hand carved pipe. I smoked a bowl and said "Hey Honey, Look:" and I threw the pipe, the remaining hash and weed into the wood stove...

Wow. That was hard. For the next twenty years I got lost in Christian America. Kept my nose to the grindstone and worked hard to raise my kid, feed my spouse, and keep a roof over our heads. Somewhere along the way I turned into a self righteous as***le.

My wife (God really does bless her) now calls that particular instantiation of my personality "Mr. Grumpy". We don't like him.

Stress at work (60 hour weeks!), Stress from trying to get the kid to graduate from High School and Stress in the marriage pushed me to start asking the question: "Why did I quit smoking weed?"

Eventually a compassionate employee said "If you want it... I can get it..."

I got it... went home... found the piece of Oak which had provided the original small hand carved pipe and made another...

Put some Lurrie Bell on the Boom Box and sat in the sun to have the first toke in 20 years...

WOW. My first thought was "When was the last time I relaxed?" as I eased back into the reclining lawn chair... followed rather quickly by "Damn, that's good music!" (from a crappy little boom box...mmm good music or good weed? maybe both)

Anyway, the next year I started growing, dirt, crappy little buds with a 100 watt HPS in a very tiny space. The next year I challenged myself to give up sobriety for Lent... smoked every day, for 40 days... and pretty much have not missed a day in the 4 or so years since.

During these last 4 years I discovered my early experimentation with H left my liver shot (Hep C, genotype 1a) Almost died trying the "cure" (Interferon/Ribiviran), don't know really how well it worked yet but since I quit 38 weeks early the chances are slim... I'll have my first Blood test in a year this month sometime. But my liver is not in good shape and I have a lot of issues with my intestines/stomach and digestion in general... when I'm cramping up, nothing helps like the quick surge of a fully mature Indica... and when I've had a rough night, a bowl of a good Sativa sets me right, better than coffee.

To that end, I have decided to abandon my rarely successful soil efforts and to do so have prepared by doing the following:

Created a 4 by 5 Bloom Room, and a small (barely 2 by 2 foot) Veg room.

My last soil plant is blooming, an SS Haze... I have an Ice and White Widow which should go into Bloom by this weekend. Journal will start when I cut the clones.

Peace 420 gurus... and again, a belated thank you for sharing your skills on this site, and this subject!

Well, Welcome to 420 my friend!:welcome:

Great Starter Thread that you posted here! I like "personable" :nicethread:

We do have similar backgrounds, was catholic but now Protastant, I love my Lord, and I love my Pot too and I know who provides and is THE GIVER and THE PROVIDER of ALL and I continue to Praise Him for it too. :amen:

I sacrificed most of my liver to the Coca god, when I was much younger and now since 1987 the weed is my only drug. And How sweet it is! God's Gift to Worry Warts like me! Just a few puffs and INSTANT MEDITATION!

I hope you hang around and we become friends. It is like FAMILY here, and VERY PEACEFUL, nothing like the other sites. I don't have to hide the fact I am a friend of God's here and be attacked for it.

And us Deep Water Culture have sworn to be very helpful to all, especially the hydro growers. Visit the Deep Water Culture Home thread soon, and let me introduce you around!

Peace, bro!

Very interesting Roseman, I was protestant and went to Charismatic Catholicism... and most people would find that an oxymorn! I know the folks I worship with would view me differently if they knew I smoked a bowl before Mass but my relationship with GOD is MINE... so we just keep this to ourselves!

I firmly believe this plant can lead people to Peace... and often marvel at the fact that Virgin Marijuana can do this...

Thank you for responding to my post. I would like to commend you personally for your labors... my home made bubble tub was built following your DYI, I tried to clone in it but I'm a cursed cloner... I have actually (yes I know it was expensive) purchased SH Mistic Cloner, with the foliar spray and some odd white plugs. I wanted all the stuff they think will help... I'll be cutting sometime between tomorrow and Saturday.

The Ice and White Widow have been on Mother Plant nutes for about two weeks, the Ice showed two female flowers this week. The WW has not shown sex yet, but the small "not" leaves at some of the nodes are covered with trichomes... If it ain't a female, I'll keep that thing around long enough to gather some pollen!

Yes I agree a Wonderful Introduction Our New Friend, RippedVanWnkl :clap:
Sounds like Mr. Grumpy is longer with us. ;)
As Roseman Stated you are Home now, Surrounded by Fantastic People who share the same thoughts as you about this Special Plant.
If you need any help get around or understanding the member only features please speak up, We are here to help you enjoy all that is here.
You will make a Great Addition to 420. :bravo:
We are Very Happy to hear that you have found 420 very useful in helping you create a little garden of happiness. :yummy:
Please Continue to :surf: the forums and get to know us all.
We will be looking for you there. :nomo:
Enjoy :goodluck: and Greenest Regards in all you do. :peace:
:allgood:

High from northern California, welcome to the 420magazine community. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Enjoy!

Peace and 420 :thumb:

Hi RippedVanWnkl, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. :welcome:
Christ in my heart gives me the peace I need. But he doesn't help me sleep.
That may be my fault. What goes into the man dosen't defile him, but what comes out.
Glad you joined us in spreading cannabis/hemp awareness. :grinjoint:
Nice introduction brother, The circumstances of my life are very similar.
55-70 hrs. a week to take care of my family. and working that many hrs. just makes you tired all the time. And tired makes grumpy, and then the physical problems start.
Again, glad your here and let the light shine from within your heart.
I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Ok, you folks are kind of impressive... I didn't expect to find mates on a similar spiritual journey here. This sort of takes me by surprise. It's nice. My local churches could learn from you folks... I'm tired of arguing who's got the right clothing... or not... and laughing at myself here... the puns could roll in...

The Weed: Thanks... I put the comments in the pics, so's I don't disassociate them from the meta data. It's a WOW, look at how fast that changed thing... plus we're kind of here to help people learn and so few seem to take the time to read anymore, especially on the web.

OK: My First Question... and it's not about growing LOL. What's going on with the private messages, which I can't answer, Friends, (Thought that was AnotherSpace thing) and the conversations which seem to be happening in peoples profile space... you know, that you see by clicking on their handle?

LOL again... all the reading I've done about growing, and I have to ask questions about the most basic forum stuff...

Good Morning,
PM a Member, you will be able to when you have 25 posts.

By left clickin' on a Members name in the forums.
That will give you 4 options,

Visit members home page, Where you can leave a Visitor Message, Read About Member, Etc.
Send member a Private Message (After you have 25 posts).
Locate all the members Posts.
Add Member to contacts.

There is FAQ thread that may also help here,
420 Magazine - FAQ

Any other Questions? Shoot. ;)

Thanks The Weed... The FAQ helped... I had been there before but must not have read all...

Still a bit up in the air about the Friend thing... Having someone as a friend makes it easier to follow their posts? Is that the deal? I could see that being useful...

Peace from the Swamp! (Swamp = garage where the band practices... or the Veg room, or the Bloom Room or... well, hell, Peace from the Swamp, means Peace from me... but Only when I type it!)

Back
Top Bottom