Ripped Van Winkles Bubbling White Widow / Ice Journal - 2010

Re: Ripped van Winkles Bubbling White Widow/Ice Journal - 2010

I have a Super Silver Haze known to be female in my Blue room (blue lights = veg spectrum) and a Bag seed from some Bubba Kush that also has shown as female.

I'm going to be beating these two hard over the summer, trying to develop a cloning method that works for me.

Hopefully I'll get some system working and in the Fall then I plan to put the Haze out to bloom... with a big root ball - and branching which has been planned for a scrog.

As a precaution, I shall also attempt to re-veg the Widow for sure... one stocky plant... I know I can get 6 - 8 big colas out of one if I top and trim better.

Clone Wars Continued

Well, my second round of with the Mystic cloner goes to too dry. I'm gonna guess if the leaves crumble that means it's not humid enough... LOL

On to round 3.5

The Three part is that the SH Mystic cloner is going outside to root some Lilac cuttings... see how that goes with something that Wants to root.

The Point Five part is last night I took a crack at Air Layering the SS Haze. Nobody air layers weed... probably for a reason...

Plan D: will be to purchase a timer that will do 2-3 minutes an hour and try the SHMC again with the Bubba Kush bag seed.

White Widow Ice at 6 weeks 12/12

So things are going pretty well, the Widow has been showing red hair for a week, and the Ice joined her this week.

Have been just adding Overdrive instead of Big Bud all last week but today I changed the water, Technaflora Boost and Bloom plus the Overdrive. I can't imagine what these will look like in 2 or 3 more weeks... in the past I'd be harvesting now but this time I want to wait for the gold.

jnl_wk_16_1_.jpg

SG - Thanks for the +rep

I think the saying goes, " Good things come to those who wait." and I am a believer!

SG

Ah, SanibelGreen, that sounds like an encouragement to go for that gold...!

I've always harvested at the cloudy stage... but I recently read somewhere... here maybe... that a Sativa would still be an Up kind of high when the trichs turn amber and the pistols retract... though I've never seen a pistol retract... sounds nebulous... but I may opt for a staged harvest... cut some early let the rest go... very undecided about it so I'm not doing anything yet... just waiting and watching.

The Ice is showing a fairly strong sativa tendencies, and I want the Widow as couch Lock as she will get so Amber for her seems a good choice.

It's a unique position I find myself in, with a decent stash of the SS Haze I don't need to harvest yet, and I've another female Haze in the Blue room waiting so my Sativa stash won't run out anytime soon either. Patience may yet prove it's worth.

I've always harvested at the cloudy stage... but I recently read somewhere... here maybe... that a Sativa would still be an Up kind of high when the trichs turn amber and the pistols retract... though I've never seen a pistol retract... sounds nebulous... but I may opt for a staged harvest... cut some early let the rest go... very undecided about it so I'm not doing anything yet

Absolutely the way to go man. Always do that (some early some late) with any 'new' strains so you know exactly where you like them best!

I always like advice that echos my own feelings! I've snipped a taste of the widow already... but she's a lot more cloudy now... probably taste again tonight... I'm still leaning towards just going for Amber.

I've never experienced plants looking ready to harvest after what, 42 days of 12/12? My soil grows always took forever... and when they got to looking like this Widow I'd harvest... they were well past 6 weeks so this seems way early, just on a time line.

I know the plant will tell me and I've seen NO amber yet so can afford to wait... Glamor/Fashion shots coming...

It is quick but that happens sometimes, strain and gene dependant like many things you know? Most plants can actually be smoked with clear thrichomes half way thru flowering. It can still be potent just not reached its biggest yield or highest point.

:thumb:

AH thanks... I borrowed the camera as it does a better job... I just haven't been happy with the difference between real life... and the pics! These look better for sure.

I have always been out, or nearly out as plants reached maturity so have long trimmed off the lower buds to nibble on. The clear ones seem to produce a more clear effect to me... no body feel... but that's to be expected I think.

I had a plant last year... got a pic somewhere... it was bag seed, BLUE and potent. I tried to reveg the thing... but missed looking at it for a day or two and it died... oh well...I have a stash of bag seed and maybe there's another... That plant, when trichs were cloudy, made my bones quit hurting... this was while I was taking Hep C therapy... I just wasn't thinking or acting well. Damn drugs almost killed me.

Ahhh I follow you. Yes usually the earlier and clearer the less couch-lock/body medicinal effects. That is the area I have interest in for various reasons. Gaining knowledge of "different strains for different pains"

Some high cbd is probably your goal. Indicas actually generally rule. Shark Attack is great for aches, also I am just starting off Blue Rhino which has the highest cdb content of any strain by far.

I know my liver will drive my choices as life progresses, and it may well be in the drivers seat now. I have a lot of digestion issues that first started showing up when I became lactose intolerant in my late 40's. Drank gallons of milk in my life... now the stuff scares me to death... I had no idea the kind of pain undigested MILK can cause!

Since I tried the (hep c) therapy I have energy issues so the Sativa's are awesome get up and get things done weed, but my stomach and intestines (oh hell, the rest of my flesh too) likes a weed that will put me into forced relaxation!

I think that the Widow will be one side, and the SS Haze the other... with the Ice solid in the middle. Optimism rules this day!

The power of positive thinking amigo, better than any meds!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom