Double Visions - Indoor- 400W HPS - 3x3x7 - OG 18 - Skywalker OG - Blue Dream

the stretch should have stopped 2 weeks ago, maybe it kept on going cause of the light distance. have you followed any instructions about the distance/lumen output of your HPS bulb?

also i don't get why you flush so often, i've never flushed them through the entire grow and i feed them pretty heavily with a lot of salt nutrients from the AN line, i will flush them eventually but that's going to be just 2 weeks before harvest, gonna run water through them equal to 3 times of the soil weight so all the built up salts are washed off and the plant just feeds off what it has.

Imho, the only reason to flush is either to fix something or the usual pre-harvest flush 10 to 15 days before(if you're doing salt nuts instead of organic)

anyway here is a chart about lumen output/light distance conversion chart, i don't know if someone has posted this before, if someone has then i apologize. ill just put it out there.

HPSGraphPAR3.jpg

HPS-Light-Distance-Chart5.jpg

i understand that you're blasting salt into your ladies so ill post another great thread that helped me get a grasp on things a little better, i hope posting all these things is fine with you.

A critical look at preharvest flushing

best of luck in the future, them ladies are getting bigger everyday, you can tell how that lollipopping made your main colas bigger :)

you've done a good job mate, you deserve to be rewarded equally good. i wish you the best out of your garden :)

thanks for stopping by my place to say hi, always nice to see friendly faces :love:

the stretch should have stopped 2 weeks ago, maybe it kept on going cause of the light distance. have you followed any instructions about the distance/lumen output of your HPS bulb?

also i don't get why you flush so often, i've never flushed them through the entire grow and i feed them pretty heavily with a lot of salt nutrients from the AN line, i will flush them eventually but that's going to be just 2 weeks before harvest, gonna run water through them equal to 3 times of the soil weight so all the built up salts are washed off and the plant just feeds off what it has.

Imho, the only reason to flush is either to fix something or the usual pre-harvest flush 10 to 15 days before(if you're doing salt nuts instead of organic)

anyway here is a chart about lumen output/light distance conversion chart, i don't know if someone has posted this before, if someone has then i apologize. ill just put it out there.

HPSGraphPAR3.jpg

HPS-Light-Distance-Chart5.jpg

i understand that you're blasting salt into your ladies so ill post another great thread that helped me get a grasp on things a little better, i hope posting all these things is fine with you.

A critical look at preharvest flushing

best of luck in the future, them ladies are getting bigger everyday, you can tell how that lollipopping made your main colas bigger :)

you've done a good job mate, you deserve to be rewarded equally good. i wish you the best out of your garden :)

thanks for stopping by my place to say hi, always nice to see friendly faces :love:
I am using hydroponics nutrients in soilless medium. hydroponics nutrients can get your soil hot real fast is why I used a mix with no nutrients in it "soilless" this give me better control of the amount of nutrients inside the medium. I don't use anything but ph adjusted water to flush out what was not used in the medium so that it does not get too hot which can lead to chemical burns. I am following a recipe "technaflora recipe for success" and it calls for "feed, flush, flush". So far I have not had any nutrient deficiencies that I can see. As for the light, Iv been keeping it around 8-6 inches away from the biggest og 18 colas making it 12 inches away from the skywalker which from what I know and the guide you posted is prime lighting. The problem is I would have it 6 inches away come home and the dam thing would nearly be touching the light. Og 18 stretched for 3 weeks after 12 12, I am 5 days after the 3 week mark, but I still had a few inches of growth. It definitely slowed down and I saw no growth this morning. Maybe it stopped :)

Update week 4 flowering: today is week 4, only 5 more weeks to go. Nothing much to report, everything is on cruise control for now. Next feeding should be In 2 days, along with an update if I can find time. Here are some pics
Today's temps
20150417_072333.jpg
20150417_071833.jpg
20150417_071801.jpg
20150417_071750.jpg
20150417_071702.jpg

Update day 30: Today i decided to go along with the mass defoliation. tomorrow is a feed day. I figured defol today, feed tomorrow and those newly lit buds will get more nutrients. idk just a thought i came up with... anyways here are the pics!
temps
20150419_042152.jpg

trimmings
20150418_204325.jpg

before the cut
20150417_071833.jpg

the girls with their fresh cut
20150418_203953.jpg
20150418_204027.jpg

Skywalker nug
20150418_204101.jpg

Og 18 (Private reserve) nug
20150418_204113.jpg

The Main colas are all starting to fill in really nice and all I can smell is a faint fuel mixed with skunk aroma in my room. I fed them their nutrients and everything is on cruise control for now.

good job :thumb:

big reward coming soon :)

Update week 5 flowering: Today was a very exciting day, I did a final defoliation. After that i switched on the supercharger mode on my ballast. It claims to put out 10% more lumes. whitch i will be using in the last 4 weeks of flowering.
20150425_043224.jpg

Temps for the day
20150424_050517.jpg

All the colas are really filling in nice, the smell is amazing. just after cutting a few leaves i can smell the sour fuel scent both these plants give off.
20150424_043413.jpg
20150424_043258.jpg
20150424_043246.jpg
20150424_043214.jpg
20150424_043134.jpg

Ok Now for the exciting part! Its been a while since i checked on my clones, so i did that today. i was VERY happy to see what they have been doing the last 3 weeks. I transplanted them into solo cups that i put drain holes in and i gave them a rooting treatment. 2 tsp root 66, and 2 tsp of sugar daddy per gallon. they all seem to fit under one light for now. 1 out of 16 failed to root, not bad ill only keeping 4 of these. ill be using the clone dome to sprout some veggies until its time to clone again.
20150424_080256.jpg
20150424_180332.jpg
20150424_192742.jpg

Nice looking clones. I have 4 that I am waiting to see if they root, it's been about a week.
Thanks man. It took about 2 weeks to show roots, 3rd week they were going crazy.. all but 1 rooted. Also mine were 2 weeks into flowering when i took the cuts so they are still showing signs of that. I got them on a 24 hour light cycle for a week. that should put them back into veg. Good luck with your cuts and i hope you get some nice roots.

Update week 6 flowering: 3 weeks to go and these bad girls will be done! they are pretty much on cruise control for now. i had to tie a few buds up that were falling over. Ill be giving them their last bit of flowering nutrients this week, followed by a week of pre harvest nutrients, then just ph adjusted for the last week.

Todays temps
20150503_055645.jpg

The Girls
20150503_055423.jpg
20150503_055446.jpg
20150503_055241.jpg
20150503_055251.jpg
20150503_055316.jpg
20150503_055217.jpg

thats gonna be some fine A grade medicine :thumb:

it flowers late which can only mean one thing, get ready for trippy trips ;)

I'm right there with you at 3 weeks to go and your buds look as good as mine. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right if my plants look like others.

That's awesome. I'm sure you are just as excited as i am knowing we get to harvest this month! I cant wait to see what is to come of the next 3 weeks, They are already too heavy to stand straight up lol. How are those clones you took coming along?

That's awesome. I'm sure you are just as excited as i am knowing we get to harvest this month! I cant wait to see what is to come of the next 3 weeks, They are already too heavy to stand straight up lol. How are those clones you took coming along?

Really excited about finishing this month, looks to be the biggest haul yet. No roots on the clones, but the bottom leaves just started to yellow which I heard was a good thing. Maybe this week will see some roots .

Really excited about finishing this month, looks to be the biggest haul yet. No roots on the clones, but the bottom leaves just started to yellow which I heard was a good thing. Maybe this week will see some roots .

yea im sure you will see some roots soon. it takes a little while ;] good luck!

This is the first time i have ever opened my tent while the lights were off! I really wanted to see the true color of the plants. All these lights and stuff are so deceiving. So i thought id share with you what i saw for the firs time today! Enjoy!
20150505_094228.jpg
20150505_094222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom