1st Time Possible Fail Grow - 600W HPS

DSC1944fuckitc.jpg

You will find that a small amount of food color dye are often added to commercial nutrients to distinguish the products. I believe that the trichomes in your photographs are mostly cloudy, I would continue to feed nutrients to your plants.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

Hey all :) My USB microscope arrived today so I thought I'd try and grab a few pictures from one of the lower leaves on the plant that I'm flushing. They're not great pictures, am not sure if that's due to my unsteady hands or the fact that it cost me a full £14.04 :thumb: Either way though I'll get the hang of it soon, in the meantime here's a couple of pics that I took.

Still0032.jpg
Still0027.jpg

There doesn't seem to be as much frosting on there as in the previous pictures, although the buds do look like they have a lot more trichomes on them. I didn't want to disturb them though so it had to be a lower leaf. All the best :)

oops, I forgot to mention my first dry yield. After a few tasters, I mean testers ;) from a 3 and a half - 4 foot plant I had a grand total of 16g. I'm not sure how much per watt that works out but I think I may have broken a record one way or the other :tokin: Final two plants may change the per watt difference but atm I'd have had more if I'd have bought it from the street. But I wouldn't have half so much fun :thumb:

Hello all, this is my 1st ever grow and I think I may have blown it.

1st grow and you got 16 grams. You made it from start to harvest. That definitely is a success.

It is better to start with a small grow and take your lumps and learn a thing or two. As you get more experience you can worry about maximizing your grow/production.

For your future grows you will want to maximize your grow space.
P10007274.JPG

SOG will require more plants to fill your grow space, or SCROG to train less plants to fill your grow space and or manual manipulation of LST,HST and topping to fill your grow space. Also Fluxing is a grow option.

Progress with each as you feel comfortable. Use what works for you and enjoy :)

:goodjob:

Hey hello Scarfinger68 thanks for dropping in and sharing your advice. I'm happy that the plants managed to make it to harvest as at one point I thought I was just going to have to pull them and start them again. Thanks to some great advice on here they were salvaged and I still have two more plants left to chop. One is really due as the branches are snapping off, the other I'd really like to continue flushing but if it goes the same way that'll be for the chop too :)

I've been reading grow journals from the experienced growers on here and am slowly absorbing that wealth of information (talking of which I hope you don't mind but I subbed to your current journal too, good luck with your grow :thumb:) available. It's giving me some great ideas and pointers so hopefully my next run of Plushberry won't have so many issues. It'll be an LED grow so hopefully the heat issues won't be so bad this time. Also, great idea about the lux meter, it's exactly what I've been thinking too for my two reflectors to make sure I'm getting them both in the best spot.

I've pretty much changed everything for my next attempt, lights, airflow, nutrients and mindset ;) I'll be happy with one plant that looks even halfway to some of these beautiful girls I see on here. Hope you all have a great day/evening/night wherever you are. I'm off for another two hour bout of trimming/plucking while gloveless, I never knew it could be so therapeutic and 'relaxing'. All the best :)

Hey hello all. Just another update now that I've finally managed to harvest and trim the last two plants that I had.
I'm not too sure on the weight yet as I'll weigh it dry, but it certainly is more than I had off the last plant I harvested.
IMG_065410.JPG
IMG_065126.JPG

Now I'll update the weight in a week or so, I won't be needing to dip in to this either :)
Next I'll be moving onto the Plushberry. I'll need to clean up first and give them some time to get over whatever infection they had. One had keeled over completely whilst looking healthy, until I saw what looked like small slug trails on the lower leaves along with some really dry brown spots. I've used SMC Spidermite Control as I'm guessing that whatever it is this should kill it. I'll respray them again in two days then see how they are before transferring them to flower. Funnily enough my other plants that I just harvested pretty much keeled over and bit the bullet only a few days after me introducing these Plushberry into the house. Could be a coincidence but I'm unsure now. Oh well we shall see how they turn out. All the best everyone :thumb:

Sorry about the quality of the pics I had to take them on my phone and no amount of editing could get the right colours for me. Anyway here are some pics of the Plushberry that are currently in veg. One of the plants fell over and I noticed what looked like little slug trails on the lower leaves. There are also brown spots (they look white in the photo's but they're brown with a deep brown circle in the middle and then concentric circles of lesser browns surrounding them. I thought it may be Thrips, I've found no signs of any infestation apart from the trails, no insect life found though. I'll spray them with SMC again tomorrow and I've fed them a quarter dose of Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom today along with some Humboldts Golden Tree. Has anyone any ideas please?

IMG_066634.jpg
IMG_066430.jpg
IMG_066337.jpg
IMG_066236.jpg
IMG_066132.jpg

Hey hello Scarfinger68 thanks for dropping in and sharing your advice. Also, great idea about the lux meter, it's exactly what I've been thinking too for my two reflectors to make sure I'm getting them both in the best spot.

I don't think Lux Meters work with LED. Better check into that before you buy one.

I should think it'll work pretty much the same. There's a post on the Mars Hydro thread today with a guy having tested his. I like playing with light anyway so it'll come in handy one way or the other lol. In the meantime I could do with finding out what's going on with my ones in veg, really struggling to work out what it is. I'm thinking Thrips so far but I wouldn't have thought a plant would just keel over with those :peacetwo:

Please no. That was my original thought but I thought the slug trails meant something else. When I got these clones I also had some of the original harvest and there were a lot of hairs in it which were kind of webby. I'll keep trying with the SMC but if there's no joy I'll just strip everything out, have a good cleanup and start from scratch with the remaining LSD seeds I have. The silver lining in the cloud will be that at least I'll get to know the LSD strain better. I can't see an attack of spider mites having caused the original damage to my LSD plants though, although I don't know much come to think of it ;)

Hey GhettoGro thanks for stopping in. It was thanks to PTSD 4 ME, Weaselcracker, Green Dreamz and KingJohnC mainly that I managed to even have a harvest. The best thing I ever did with my new gardening habit was registering on 420Magazine and having the advice from these beautiful people. Problems are still ongoing but I'm confident that with the support of this community pretty much everything can be overcome. I'll be sure to sub to your grow too if you don't mind. I think I have a molecule or maybe two left to spare that can absorb some more knowledge lol. All the best :thumb:

Spider mites are a nuisance, but not deadly to plants. Your spots look more like a deficiency. I have battled the mites a few times. Very common in my area. If you have spider mites, you will prob see small webs from leaf to leaf and the critters are under the leaves. They are very obvious when they set up shop.

Your spotting is minor. Keep feeding and growing, dude! They will do you proud! :)

Back
Top Bottom