My First Atempt Growing Big Bud & Hindu Kush Skunk

Remember those "Nodes" I told you about?

If they haven't started "Alternating" yet, then, they aren't ready to flower. ;)

How tall are they now? In "inches"?

That one may look sick but it looks to have some good growth, for sure. ;)

warrior , they have arround 6 inches tall i belive ,im gona check on the nodes tomorow , i totaly forgot that ! thx for the heads up , im going to bed now , its 6am in here and i need to sleep a little x) but tomorow im gona give you guys some input on the nodes ^^

Yea K, at 6" tall, it's highly doubtful that those nodes are alternating, although, you don't have much longer before you need to switch over to 12/12, because of your height restriction's...I'd say around 8" to 10", you should turn them back. ;)

Once you switch over, the nodes will automatically start alternating, after a few weeks.

Your plants will stretch during the first few weeks of flower so, you will need to switch early enough to compensate for plant stretch/height restriction...understand? :thumb:

31012012.jpg

i belive this picture shows well that is still too soon to switch to 12/12

what the??? LOL no no no!!! I meant of the plant!!!

but if the roots are coming up and out, then you have to much moisture at the bottom still!!! so the roots are coming up where it is dry!!!

I had this happen to my Blackberry Kush a few months back!!!

:peacetwo:

I'm almost wondering if you might need more drainage holes in the bottom of those pots?

Do those pots have a water collector snapped to the bottom of them? If so, you should try and pop them off of those pots, so that the water can drain properly. ;)

Most pots of that type, have a water collector snapped to the bottom, so that regular house plants can retain water for long periods, without drying out, but these aren't like regular house plants...Cannabis plants like damp soil, not wet soil...cool?

Hey Hey Hey Kamy!!!!...Can you post a pic of the whole plant? From the pic you have posted, it does look like your plant may still be a little over watered. Leaves look a tad droopy still.

I have pots like Warrior is talking about, with the carrier on the bottom that snaps into place. My thing is that the roots on my plants still seem to come out of those holes even when snapped shut....now how does that happen?

Just wanted to let you know, I am back and still here for ya, bro.

what the??? LOL no no no!!! I meant of the plant!!!

but if the roots are coming up and out, then you have to much moisture at the bottom still!!! so the roots are coming up where it is dry!!!

I had this happen to my Blackberry Kush a few months back!!!

:peacetwo:

the plant looks ok , she is a little overwatered , maybe thats the problem ... i realy need to ease up on my watering lol

I'm almost wondering if you might need more drainage holes in the bottom of those pots?

Do those pots have a water collector snapped to the bottom of them? If so, you should try and pop them off of those pots, so that the water can drain properly. ;)

Most pots of that type, have a water collector snapped to the bottom, so that regular house plants can retain water for long periods, without drying out, but these aren't like regular house plants...Cannabis plants like damp soil, not wet soil...cool?

the pots have a realy good drainage , im not sure sure about the dirt though

yeeeya queen ! i will post some pics of all my plants soon , i hope i can solve this root escape atempt problem xD

Well dear, I think for the most part over watering is what is doing it. Seems to me if you let her dry out, the roots will quit trying to reach for dry soil by growing up. Is your plant root bound? Might be another reason for growing up along the sides..Just my 2 cents.

thx warrior , i will do that first thing tomorow

Now, I don't mean to lay it down, completely on it's side, I mean just leaned to one side to get the water drained to one corner at the bottom, so that it can drain any excess out...understand?

I did that for one of my plants one time, and it seemed to dry out the soil faster, because all that standing water seemed to drain off due to gravity taking that water to the corner and eventually out of the pot.

Standing water in the bottom, will cause "root rot" and can kill the plant if left for too long in standing water.

"Proper Drainage" is the #1 key to your pots being efficient and keeping your plants healthy.

Back
Top Bottom