Aphoric's Hog / Trainwreck / Hindu Kush First Grow 2009

Re: Aphoric's Hog/Trainwreck/Hindu Kush first grow 2009

Here are some shots from 19 days. Not really noticing much scent yet. They are getting too big for my 600w light. The local hydro shop can't keep stuff in stock the last 6 months, but I should be able to get a light mover today to spread them out a little bit so I can perform more bondage.
DSC_9430.jpg

Trainwreck at 19 days
DSC_9432.jpg

I'll post some pics of individual plants so you can see how big they are. I have been using LST method here and there, so that bud, there are half a dozen or more on each plant that are over half the size of this one.

Nice setup, that room is going to be a great grow spot! The 1500ml/hr fogger you purchased is the one giving off to much heat? Is it an ultrasonic fogger with those discs? I have one of those and I had to stop using it because of reservoir temps.

That fogger was too hot. I tried running it 15 minutes of each hour and it still was too hot. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Today is day 23, plants just woke up so I payed them a visit with the camera. I got the light mover up overhead because those 6 plants are bushy from the bondage. Here is a shot of them from above

DSC_9455.jpg

A little profile here, you can see buds everywhere. That Trainwreck is getting smelly.
DSC_9453.jpg

This is a trainwreck at 23 days of flower in a 5 gallon bucket of FFOM.
DSC_9446.jpg

The beautiful canopy of my private basement jungle
DSC_9444.jpg

And finally, the clones from those plants in the flower room, being groomed to give me babies before moving next door to be tied up for flower.
DSC_9441.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, here's another update. Day 28 of flower, and I got some lens extension tubes for xmas, so I am playing around tonight. The smell is intoxicating, it's tempting to just take my laptop with me and sit and relax inside my jungle oasis. But tonight, alien photos... I find myself wanting to get closer

DSC_9573.jpg

DSC_9578.jpg

DSC_9582.jpg

DSC_9608.jpg

Day 31
Went and picked up some Earth Juice nutrients to try out. Been watering every other day, with every other watering I have been adding FFBB. That's about out, and I see that the Earth Juice stuff has an OMRI certification, so I picked up a gallon for my next veg and to finish this flower. At 3 weeks, the Trainwreck started yellowing and dropping leaves, which I was thinking was a little early. It doesn't seem likely, since it's only been 35 days since I last fed N and I am using FFOF, but now the top leaves are yellowing, wondering if there is any need for N after veg is over.

The Trainwreck smell is of an overripe orange, strong and sweet and sticky. I can't wait to taste this. Anyway, I started 6 Strawberry Diesel seeds the other day, and what I cull out of that, I will replace with Bubblegum clones.

I'm getting psyched now, trying not to lose focus. Thanks for the support! I am definitely going to be asking more questions shortly... so much to do!

Day 34 (New Year's Day)
Not much new here, a bit of sugar happening, I think the light mover is working out well, I am able to tie everything so each plant has gotta be taking up 2x2, but only the weight and wait will tell.

DSC_9620.jpg

DSC_9633.jpg

DSC_9641.jpg

OK, been playing with the lens extensions tubes some more, this lens does not seem to work as well as the other one. Have some yellowing on one that is getting worse, going to do a PH runoff test tomorrow...

Click on the images to see a larger version, perhaps I should have cropped these...
DSC_9809.jpg

DSC_9799.jpg

DSC_9775.jpg
DSC_9773.jpg

Flower, Day 41

OK, time for a short update. If anyone wants to know anything more specific, just ask! I got two kids in diapers, and work's a bitch, so I try to not spend too much time blabbing to no one in particular, but answering questions means I don't really have to think much. :ganjamon:

One of the Trainwrecks was really yellow, so I did a runoff test and got a PH of almost 9 on that. My soil PH tester broke the tip of one of the probes off a few weeks ago, and I have not picked up a new one yet. There is a huge difference in the amount of sugar between the yellow one and it's sister that is a beautiful green, but the bud sizes look about the same. I started watering with PH 5.2-5.5 water for the ones that are creeping up, hopefully in a week or so I will see some change. I am doing runoff test every other watering now.

I have been playing with taking trichome pics, with some OK luck, but I am thinking I need to get more camera gear, which will probably wait until this first batch is out the door. I just can't get steady enough with the handheld microscope to see if I got any amber going on, but with the camera, I can snap a bunch of pics and take my time inspecting them later. The narrow DOF is really throwing me off, I need a macro focusing rail...

So, here are the ones I took last night that don't suck
DSC_9890.jpg
DSC_9882.jpg

DSC_9878.jpg

DSC_9875.jpg

DSC_9864.jpg

DSC_9845.jpg

DSC_9840.jpg

Thanks again Hogdady. I am using a Nikon D70 with a 60mm Nikkor macro and a set of cheap extension tubes at 58mm for the trichome pics. It took a lot of digging to find out how people take those pics. I am still thinking of getting some other lenses to get better DOF, because I hate that I can't get much of the picture in focus. I have the aperture locked down as far as it will go. There is a super-macro group on flickr that has some tips on setups for stuff like this, but I am sticking with what I have for now until I figure out something better and have money to be burning on glass.

Great Thread, You Have Been Doing A Good Job, Your Plants Are Very Perky & Happy.

Great Shots As Well, More Practice With What You Have And You Will Have It Dialed In, Some Other Lens That I Have Seen Some Stunning Shots From Are 50mm macro, And A 105mm macro Lens For A Nikon, I Have A Nikon D5000 With A 18-55mm & 55-200mm Lens, My Next Lens Will Be The 50mm Or 105mm To Get Some Good Micro Shot's, I Haven't Had My Camera Long, A Month Or So, SLR's Are Alot Different & Harded To Use Then A Point & Shoot Camera, I Have Read The Manual Several Times, And Still Very Lost, LOL..

Cant Wait To See More Of Your Work.

Cheers`;`Hatch`;`

Thanks RLMC, it gets easier. I bet a 105mm macro with some extension tubes would be beautiful, but not the price tag for that glass. I have been playing around a little more, definitely could use a second flash, but these are enough for me to tell when these girls are ready.

Click on the images to go to a larger version

DSC_9952.jpg

DSC_9951.jpg

DSC_9940.jpg

DSC_9928.jpg

DSC_9924.jpg

DSC_9922.jpg

DSC_9920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom