Trainwreck and Oregon Kush Kush-First Grow Attempt

Ok I am just checking this out and am wondering, this last photo it looks a little crazy to me. When did you do that and has the plant responded to that, good or bad?
I to had long stems for some time, when I moved the light down and put the fan on them the stems exploded in size in just one weeks time.
I am sure curious about that last photo though.
cheers

The Bonzi method you usually have to start really early, we did it with our runt plant Cozmo and what should happen is where the break is it will knot up and heal and the plant will start growing up and stay short but grow along the ground. Its a lot like the Low Strength Training but more permanent and sometimes high risk, injuring a plant can stress it out and cause it to switch sex. Don't want that. I'll let you know what it looks like after I get back from the weekend, we will see what it does then ha. Thanks for droppin by again!

Hey hobble looking good! A little word of advice that I learned in my last grow. The earlier you top them the better, they don't become stressed and they will recover very fast. That biggest girl you have is 100% ready to be topped. Just make sure you know where to cut before you do, or if you do.

Keep the lights as close as possible and keep a fan blowing in there (not blowing directly on the plants tho). That should help with the stretch and skinny stems.

Also about smoking out your plants... If your room is well ventilated I don't see a problem but if you're blowing smoke directly on them then from what I heard that can be harmful to them.

Hey hobble looking good! A little word of advice that I learned in my last grow. The earlier you top them the better, they don't become stressed and they will recover very fast. That biggest girl you have is 100% ready to be topped. Just make sure you know where to cut before you do, or if you do.

Keep the lights as close as possible and keep a fan blowing in there (not blowing directly on the plants tho). That should help with the stretch and skinny stems.

Also about smoking out your plants... If your room is well ventilated I don't see a problem but if you're blowing smoke directly on them then from what I heard that can be harmful to them.
Thanks Cheef!!! I'll top it as soon as I get back sunday. Where exactly do I cut the plant? and I'm gonna work on a light fixture for it today hopefully. Its lookin real good so far, gotta start some LST on them as well. And if thats the case with smoking them out, I probably wont even take the chance. Thanks for stoppin back by!

They are looking good!

I just started my grow also so I dont have to much advise... but I am gonna jump on board and watch yours grow.

Good luck brother!

Haha, Thanks man, they are lookin Beautiful!!! I can't wait to see them again, been gone for the weekend. I'm gonna go jump on board your grow, if you have any questions for me at all I'll try and help with whatever i can! Thanks Bro!

Good day hobble, things are looking good in the journal for certain.
Did you give poo the big top on Sunday as planned. Would really like to see that once its done, and any new pictures of the others to. Our grows started at similar times so its nice to compare notes. Keep up the good work and cheers.

Good day hobble, things are looking good in the journal for certain.
Did you give poo the big top on Sunday as planned. Would really like to see that once its done, and any new pictures of the others to. Our grows started at similar times so its nice to compare notes. Keep up the good work and cheers.

Thank you much sir!! Good day to you as well! I agree, things are looking good in both, I didn't get to go top Poo last night though, Motel party... haha. Today I'm gonna go over there and take care of business though. I'll have pictures hopefully up in no more than a few hours. Cheers! Thanks for stoppin by again!

Hey Hobs! I don't know if you topped already? If not and you're still wondering where to cut then check out this thread Topping

You basically want to cut off the newest growth at the top.

This is the plant I topped. I topped her on her 2nd node(maybe 2 weeks in at the most), she grew like nothing happened. You can see the two small little branches that will explode with growth and become your two main stems.
P1010054.JPG

P1010077.JPG

Good luck!

[CENTER]GOOD DAY ALL! Finally gotta go see my plants yesterday, spent most the day with them, they grew damn near an inch while I was there. I topped Poo, she is looking really good, however it was one of the hardest things I've done in a while.
11019.jpg

I'm excited to see what happens over the course of the day. I want to see how long it takes Poo to get the two main stems instead of one.
2695.jpg

3584.jpg

Cozmo kinda took a turn for better and worse, she started turning yellow and brown while I was gone, along with the other two kids but Cozmo did start to grow upright again, which is GREAT! Do you think this was lack of water? or did I fry them? Too much light?
4443.jpg

5346.jpg

This sight really is almost TOO sad to look at. It's also amazing how much farther ahead Poo is than the others, the seeds were germinated at the same time... weird.
6300.jpg

I set up all the new light, I've got 5 CFL's on there and this will be the first day since we have gotten the new light on them that I will get to check.
7254.jpg

I like this picture, you can see how Cozmo is growing just all crazy like and whatnot, as well as the others in there as well. Nifty. If anyone knows why the smaller three have started to turn yellow please give me some advice, no one wants to lose a plant, EVER. Thanks guys, will try and update again later today. Thanks for stoppin by![/CENTER]

I got it so they aren't stretching out towards the light as much anymore. I'm thinkin about burring the stems of the two tall skinny plants more and lowering the lights today, I just wanna make sure I'm not frying the plants. I really hope they take a turn for the better when I see them today, I clipped off the dead parts of the leaves so they didn't take up any necessary nutrients away from the rest of the plant. Thanks for stoppin by Mr. Blonde!! you got a grow I can check out?

Heck yeah...I got some sweet shocks and some pegs....lucky!!! Yeah I've got an interesting one going on.

You've got some sweet shocks and some pegs? haha I can't tell if you are talkin about mountain biking, bmx, or pot man. haha, well I'mma try and find your grow journal, do you have a link just in case?

:thumb: Looking good hobs! Give Poo a few days and you will start to see her shoot up! It looks like you topped her on the 4th node, that's still pretty early in her life so she should respond very well. Next time you could even top before that if you wanted.

From what I have seen on my grows it is pretty damn hard to burn a plant with CFLs. With a little air flow you can have the lights right on top of the girls.

I'm not really sure whats going on with the yellowing leaves. Have you ever checked your pH?

Reefa Cheefa,

pH is one of the biggest things I've been worried about. I have no funds and no pH monitor so I can't test the soil or anything. I think poo will do just fine, I think I'm gonna cut the others on there 3rd node, if they live that is. anyways thanks for the tips! an you know any way to get a cheap pH reader?

I thought myself it could be a little cool in there. I'll have to put in a bulb for heat as well. Thank you for the great advice! I hope it solves the problem!!!

Back
Top Bottom