Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Golden Tiger
Hydro harvest page 18.

Hanging and drying. :)

COB made today.:)
My COB making didn't put a dent in the hanging drying flower.:oops::love:

Makin GT COB (1).JPG

Golden Tiger COB making. Using @tangwena method.
More airy flower was cut off stalks that are hanging to dry. It's still very moist.:) The larger stems were removed and the loose boxed flower was added. Material was weighed, to get an idea how many COBs would be made. 225 grams. :oops::love: So seven COB would be made. 30 something grams each.😎:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

@Hombre del Monte

Makin GT COB (3).JPG

GT divided up and ready to go.

Makin GT COB (4).JPG

GT flower on left has been pressed together and will be shaped into a cigar shape. Plate of flower on left is unpressed to show how pressing it together makes the whole smaller.

Makin GT COB (5).JPG

Golden Tiger COB before rolling in corn shuck and tying off.

Makin GT COB (8).JPG

Seven Golden Tiger COBs made and ready to be vacuum sealed and put in the dehydrator for sweating phase. 1-2 Days at 115F/46C. Then they will be put in a warm space (top of the satellite box) for 1-2 weeks.

Makin GT COB (9).JPG

Seven Golden Tiger COB vacuum sealed. Ready to go into the dehyrator for a couple of days.

Makin GT COB (10).JPG

Making Golden Tiger COB. Seven vacuum sealed 30ish grams each, and wrapped in corn shucks. Lots more room in the dehydrator. I could put a hundred in there.

I think so too. :) I've seen some of the COB pictures and it looks good to me.:love: I'll probably mostly break a piece off and smoke it in a glass bowl through the bong.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:
I think you really couldn’t have done ✅ a better job with your cobs. I’m looking 👀 forward to hearing a smoke 💨 review. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:

Niicccceee!!!! Can't wait to hear a smoke report on those cobs man! Well done Growmie!!! 😎✌️

I think you really couldn’t have done ✅ a better job with your cobs. I’m looking 👀 forward to hearing a smoke 💨 review. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:
Thanks guys, :) I will definitely post up their effects when cured.:) It's almost like I was making them for the 1st time.:hmmmm: The flower was more moist, than the Fuel D.OG COB, that I made before. That was easier. :) Wrapping in corn shucks was a challenge. :rolleyes: They were stiff and a little crumbly around the edges.:oops: I tried bagging with a few drops of water and microwaving for a few seconds to soften them. It worked but they could be a little softer/damper. :hmmmm: It should be possible to steam them a little and make them very pliable. :) More experimentation required.:hmmmm: I bumped the dehydrator up to 110-115F/43C from 104F/40C last time. There is a range of temp. settings listed in the SweetSue's Tangwena COB thread. I will sweat them for more than one but less than two days, before starting the 1-2 week fermentation stage.:)
ey GW I have a question for you, I red that one of your GT had very dense colas. Mine were all foxtailed and airy. Do you think 🤔 you did something I didn’t or was it genetics 🧬? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
The Thai phenos were more airy with a little foxtailing, but the very top of the colas were more dense.:) The Malawi Killer pheno had denser flower all over.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley: I think hydro lends itself to denser flower, but I haven't grown enough in soil to be definitive.:hmmmm: My few soil plants were much more airy than my hydro plants.:hmmmm: I think using the CO2 doesn't hurt with regard to dense buds. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
New page with no pictures, must remedy that. :passitleft:

Makin GT COB (11).JPG

Golden Tiger COB in dehydrator. They've been in there for nearly 24 hours. :)

Golden Tiger
Hydro harvest page 18.

Still hanging and drying.:)

GT Harvest and drying (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, A few days of drying and the smaller stuff removed. The small stuff is sweating in the dehydrator to become COB.

Malawi Killer Pheno (2).JPG

The top end of the Malawi Killer pheno cola.:)

Malawi Killer Pheno (2)closeup.JPG

Closeup of previous Malawi Killer pheno photo. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Christmas is coming early to your house brother nice harvest.
It's very nice. :cheesygrinsmiley: It worked out well I think,:) having the two phenos. I kept them separated by the color of the pipe cleaner that they are hanging by.:) I plan on putting the smaller flowers, that are ready (dry), into Grove bags, keeping them separate by plant tomorrow. I will then add the larger flowers into the bags when dry, keeping them separated by plant. :)

Golden Tiger
Hydro harvest page 18.

Still hanging and drying.:)

GT Harvest and drying (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, A few days of drying and the smaller stuff removed. The small stuff is sweating in the dehydrator to become COB.

Malawi Killer Pheno (2).JPG

The top end of the Malawi Killer pheno cola.:)

Malawi Killer Pheno (2)closeup.JPG

Closeup of previous Malawi Killer pheno photo. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Beautiful work and frosty ☃️ as heck. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Hydro Golden Tiger harvest page 18.

Finally finished clean up of remaining GT in the tray and cleaned out the roots.:) Pictured is the unwashed tray with the pvc tray cover removed.:) Everything is being cleaned up and put in preservation until Spring 2024.:cheer:

GT room after harvest2023 (1).JPG

GT hydro flood and drain tray. Plant stumps and roots removed. Before being cleaned.:):bong:

GT room after harvest2023 (3).JPG
Empty Golden Tiger room with hydro stuff removed. Between now and the next grow, the upper 16"/41cm fan will be remounted a few inches higher, to give me a little more headroom for the light.:)

GT Harvest 2023 (1).JPG

Golden Tiger drying. Note the different color pipe cleaners the stalks are hanging from. Separated by plant. More of the pink than green or blue. :oops::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (1).JPG

Golden Tiger Thai phenos drying. Almost there.

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (2).JPG

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (3).JPG

Golden Tiger Thai phenos drying. Almost there. focus:rolleyes:

Hey GW I have a question for you, I red that one of your GT had very dense colas. Mine were all foxtailed and airy. Do you think 🤔 you did something I didn’t or was it genetics 🧬? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day late but I just wanna chime in and say it’s probably Genetics. My first grow last year was like yours with the Foxtails and Airy structure, but amazing high. My current plant is just giving me some tiny foxtails but more like my Malawi plant I just harvested, but they feel denser in the centre for sure. So I guess my first round was of the Thai genetics and my current grow is taking more of that Malawi genetics side.

Cant wait to see the smoke report from this grow @gwhunran and if the 2 variants have any differences in their smoke

Day late but I just wanna chime in and say it’s probably Genetics. My first grow last year was like yours with the Foxtails and Airy structure, but amazing high. My current plant is just giving me some tiny foxtails but more like my Malawi plant I just harvested, but they feel denser in the centre for sure. So I guess my first round was of the Thai genetics and my current grow is taking more of that Malawi genetics side.

Cant wait to see the smoke report from this grow @gwhunran and if the 2 variants have any differences in their smoke
Thanks for sharing the info and I was kind of wondering if that was the same reason. Mine definitely leaned Thai genetics 🧬. CL🍀. :thanks:

Most of my tester flower has been the Thai pheno. It doesn't have much taste yet, but gives a pretty strong buzz. :cheesygrinsmiley: All in the head. :) It will get better.:bong:

The Thai phenos are airy and coated with trichs. :cheesygrinsmiley: My two Thai phenos smell different at this point. One smells like fine flower, the other doesn't have a lot of smell.:hmmmm:

Yeah I was thinking 🤔 the same thing but my terps smelled like lemony skunk 🦨. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
It might be just the slightest skunky smell on the one that doesn't have a lot of smell, kinda musky.:hmmmm: The other Thai smells of piney spices with traces of other things.:hmmmm::) All of them good.:cheesygrinsmiley: The plants looked like twins too.:hmmmm:

It might be just the slightest skunky smell on the one that doesn't have a lot of smell, kinda musky.:hmmmm: The other Thai smells of piney spices with traces of other things.:hmmmm::) All of them good.:cheesygrinsmiley: The plants looked like twins too.:hmmmm:
I have to admit that your style of growing seems like the best way to grow GT. Because you did a great job with it and it’s not a ez strain to keep healthy through its long flowering. CL🍀 :morenutes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have to admit that your style of growing seems like the best way to grow GT. Because you did a great job with it and it’s not a ez strain to keep healthy through its long flowering. CL🍀 :morenutes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
The buds were definitely healthier than the leaves. :rolleyes: I think a scrog is a great way to do it, it you can't or don't want to tie things up from the top.:) The branches on all three of mine were too skinny to support all but the smallest of flowers.:oops: I haven't seen it done but you could use three scrog screens on GT to keep them vertical.:hmmmm: Those skinny leaves mixed with supported vertical growth would let the light get all the way down,:) And it would keep them shorter, so more of the plant got strong light.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Hydro Golden Tiger harvest page 18.

Finally finished clean up of remaining GT in the tray and cleaned out the roots.:) Pictured is the unwashed tray with the pvc tray cover removed.:) Everything is being cleaned up and put in preservation until Spring 2024.:cheer:

GT room after harvest2023 (1).JPG

GT hydro flood and drain tray. Plant stumps and roots removed. Before being cleaned.:):bong:

GT room after harvest2023 (3).JPG
Empty Golden Tiger room with hydro stuff removed. Between now and the next grow, the upper 16"/41cm fan will be remounted a few inches higher, to give me a little more headroom for the light.:)

GT Harvest 2023 (1).JPG

Golden Tiger drying. Note the different color pipe cleaners the stalks are hanging from. Separated by plant. More of the pink than green or blue. :oops::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (1).JPG

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (2).JPG

GT Harvest 2023 Thai phenos (3).JPG

Golden Tiger Thai phenos drying. Almost there. focus:rolleyes:
Those are purdy!! I can just imagine the room/area just drenched in stench!!! (Of the best kind of course!!) Killin it Growmie!! 😎✌️

Those are purdy!! I can just imagine the room/area just drenched in stench!!! (Of the best kind of course!!) Killin it Growmie!! 😎✌️
It's been a little on the dry side RH wise so it's time to bag em' :) Ended up using six 1/4lb Grove bags and one quart jar to smoke out of.:) Call the bags 5 1/2 , as one is not full. :hmmmm: There was the other 225grams used to make COB.:) So not a bad harvest.:love:😎

DSCN5893.JPG

Six 1/4lb Grove bags of Golden Tiger. :)

Back
Top Bottom