Ace Seed Tent Grow And More Outside

Well Banana Kush Cake is down and freeze drying as we speak, well most of it. Should mention it smell like a banana loaf with a hint of vanilla. I was expecting with all the rot (more so when harvesting today) to get roughly 500-700g of just wet bud. Well after the harvest I gave them a bud wash first and they needed it badly, but also find the trichomes are less damaged going through the TrimPro. Turns out that my plant gave me, even with all the rotten buds removed, 1500g of wet bud. My 4 trays are completely jammed with buds, which is roughly 1000g, and probably have a tray and half more sitting in a paper bag in my freezer. Might be able to squeeze her in on one of the tent harvests (will be watering them soon) but who knows when that will happen, well maybe soon. So for those wondering, it took me roughly 3hrs to completely cut, wash and trim the plant before the freeze dryer. This in the fucking hot October sun (that can’t be right) and playing ball boy for the pup. God he has a ton of energy and is ball obsessed. So hopefully outdoor/tent picture update and a smoke report coming tomorrow.

IMG_5404.jpeg
IMG_5405.jpeg
IMG_5406.jpeg
IMG_5409.jpeg
IMG_5411.jpeg

Well the freeze dryer took much longer than usual. Started the process on Wednesday around 3pm and didn’t finish drying until 7am this morning. Also been sick as a dog ever since I took down the plant but think it’s mostly allergies. So when they finished this morning, I threw them into a cardboard box to regain some moisture and just finish jarring. So I don’t know how accurate the readings are but looks like I’m at 244g dried and with more to come. Took 9 full jars for everyone and I’m now thinking of grabbing some grove bags for the future harvests. I had to move all my outdoor gals for shelter because of the rain and colder temps coming back. I moved my Slurricane first and split the main stem a good foot down the middle. So I was left with my dogs and myself holding it together and then I MacGyver‘d it back together first with my green foam wire until it stood on its own. Then I went inside and duct taped the hell out of it afterwards. The only real hiccup in the moving process. My gawd I didn’t realize how big these plants are until they were moved. Sadly found more rotted bud and we’re removed before covering everyone with a tarp. So I don’t have pictures of that yet, but will try later. The tent I think has 2 potential plants for harvesting and will see how I feel he might take down my Malawi or my GTxP replacement seed plant. So the pics aren’t the greatest because I used my iPad but enjoy nevertheless

IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5322.jpeg
IMG_5323.jpeg
IMG_5316.jpeg
IMG_5317.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5320.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg
IMG_5315.jpeg

Well no outdoor pics tonight. I went and took a 3hr rest this afternoon and then the lighting wasn’t the greatest with the tarps on top of that. Sadly I did remove more rotted buds off Slurricane and MAC(k) and some some big nuggs too :( So for that I present bonus harvest pics of Banana Kush Cake. You can see them coming out of my freeze dryer that I jammed those trays full and can for sure see why I needed such a long time to dry. Some big buds did have a little moisture in them but should be fine in the jar. I’ve tried vaping it and I’m not getting anything off it yet. It could be because I’m sick, but I think the 50f setting is too low for the buds. It doesn’t seem to cure the weed for smoking right away. I sort of did the same thing with my Golden Tiger harvest last year, and almost wrote it off. A week or 2 later and the stuff turned out to be fucking amazing. So maybe I’ll report back in a few days/week with a proper smoke report. I think Malawi will come down tomorrow if I feel up to it, but who knows with what I’m battling right now.

IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5414.jpeg

Some nice buds there. 🤤 I'm new to the freeze dry thing.
I guess it gets the buds into the 58-62% range and then they're still cured like normal?

I gotta admit that it’s still a learning curve thing with the freeze dryer. I was usually done within 17-18hrs going into the device, but this harvest was almost 40hrs in the dryer. The extra 5f to the dry setting seems to cure the weed and leaves a good smell/terps. Yet when I did Golden Tiger at the lower setting I was done in 15hrs because of the lighter Sativa structure not needing that extra time to dry the buds like a thicker Indica bud. I didn’t really get anything off them for a week or so, then I fell in love with the strain. Even over a year later my weed smells amazing, taste is amazing, no moisture pack in the jar and is still the stickiest stuff I have in my current collection. So I think the lower setting preserves the bud better in the long term, but doesn’t seem to be give you that instant cure/satisfaction of trying your new stuff right away. Plus it really needs to sit in a paper bag or cardboard box (like today) to regain a little moisture weight back to the buds. They come out like styrofoam peanuts and snap/break just as easily.

Well no outdoor pics tonight. I went and took a 3hr rest this afternoon and then the lighting wasn’t the greatest with the tarps on top of that. Sadly I did remove more rotted buds off Slurricane and MAC(k) and some some big nuggs too :( So for that I present bonus harvest pics of Banana Kush Cake. You can see them coming out of my freeze dryer that I jammed those trays full and can for sure see why I needed such a long time to dry. Some big buds did have a little moisture in them but should be fine in the jar. I’ve tried vaping it and I’m not getting anything off it yet. It could be because I’m sick, but I think the 50f setting is too low for the buds. It doesn’t seem to cure the weed for smoking right away. I sort of did the same thing with my Golden Tiger harvest last year, and almost wrote it off. A week or 2 later and the stuff turned out to be fucking amazing. So maybe I’ll report back in a few days/week with a proper smoke report. I think Malawi will come down tomorrow if I feel up to it, but who knows with what I’m battling right now.

IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5414.jpeg
Nice looking harvest 👍 CL🍀

IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5414.jpeg
Wow! 😍 :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

Quite the operation.:) I worked for a CO2 company in my 20s :) A big selling point of it was it would quick freeze the food product. Examples: shrimp, crabs, lobster.....
The quick freeze kept the moisture , where as traditional mechanical freezing removed moisture. Big positive when company handling tons of product.:) They were losing weight with mechanical freezing,:hmmmm: thus losing money.:(
What was a disadvantage for processing some products for sale becomes an advantage for processing cannabis.:circle-of-love::cheer:

So I just broke out my digital scope to see if Malawi or my GTxP plant could be harvested, but I think I’m still looking pretty clear on the trichomes. I did see amber colouring on my GTxP but lots of clear trichomes too from her swelling. I think Malawi is closer to finishing, looks like maybe another week to 10 days before harvesting. This being the only pic I saved of my Malawi

2023-10-07-11-15-59-106.jpeg

Blue Cindy is down, again, not by choice. Between the bud rot, wpm, burning I did treating the wpm, and Canadian colder weather now hitting, I had to do it or potentially lose it all. Sadly I had to throw out a lot buds and a few were top colas sites too :( So the first half is in and the 2nd half (like BKC) is sitting in my freezer, waiting it’s turn for the freeze dryer. So my final harvest weight is roughly 1899g of wet bud, which is only slightly inflated from the bud wash.

IMG_5462.jpeg
IMG_5463.jpeg
IMG_5465.jpeg
IMG_5467.jpeg

The wind has been pretty brutal today and my poor Slurricane has toppled twice and lost 2 small limbs, but that centre split is all over the place. More bamboo stakes were added to help brace the weight until they hopefully finish. The tent also got a drink yesterday but I forgot to get the pics before my harvest, so enjoy the littlepeekaboo look. Not gonna chance introducing possible mould to the grow when I’m so close to finishing.
IMG_5468.jpeg

It's been a pretty brutal year outdoors with the budrot and mildew, but you're bringing in some big harvests here.

From other boards I frequent, yeah bud rot seems to be the big one this year. Which for most was brought on by that wpm, or from trying to treat it like myself. When I walk the dogs around the neighbourhood, you can even see the wpm on little tree leafs and real leafy bushes. Most are just white with the edges showing that healthy green colour. This was the reason why my one neighbour didn't grow this year, and I had told him it was a pretty good year with no wpm issues in mid August. Said he would probably grow next year, but I don’t see this issue sadly disappearing anytime soon with the way the weather keep going year after year.

I've been pretty lucky this year, no WPM and even the budrot is minimal compared to what I've had in the past.
I think I have the beautiful September we got to thank for that. We had plenty of warm days and minimal rain.
And now, even though it's been raining steady for a few days it's so cold out that mold doesn't grow so well...
We just don't have a great climate for this and this is probably as good as it gets.

Some nice buds there. 🤤 I'm new to the freeze dry thing.
I guess it gets the buds into the 58-62% range and then they're still cured like normal?
Hey Regrowth! I've been curious about the freeze drying process too. It seems to be a game changer for many. Here's to experimenting and learning together! 🍁
gwhunran, I was literally starry-eyed seeing those pics! Absolute plant magic. Your Panama 2022 got me curious. How's she turning out?
It's been a pretty brutal year outdoors with the budrot and mildew, but you're bringing in some big harvests here.
totally feel you on the challenges this year. Massive respect to all the growers here pushing through. By the way, loved "Music I play my plants." My girls seemed to groove to it too! Cheers! 🎶🌱

Ok, big multi-post update and I’ll start with Blue Cindy harvest. So I’m going low and slow at 55f on my freeze dryer and I’m really liking the results. That little extra 5f to the dry really helps the cure. The weed came out smelling just like I put them in, sour blueberries. So they start at 4pm Monday and finished at 11:30pm last night. Overall I have 200g of dried bud, with probably potential for 100+g of dried bud to be added from the freezer. So I took some a few hours ago and it’s super citrus/blueberry/pine, I’m relaxed, hungry, little slow and walking in a hazy after only 2 bowls. Why’d I take so long to grow you again :)

IMG_5494.jpeg
IMG_5495.jpeg
IMG_5496.jpeg
IMG_5497.jpeg

Tent got a simple watering with a tad of Epsom salt. I think my Golden Tiger x Panama and Malawi as once again battling on who to harvest first. Noticed them both getting frostier but the GTxP is barely drinking now, in comparison to everyone else who keep drinking away at the same rate. As much as I wanna harvest, I think I gotta let them keep going. Thankfully they should be fine for another couple weeks, as my priorities for harvest lay elsewhere.

IMG_5480.jpeg
IMG_5481.jpeg
IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_5475.jpeg
IMG_5476.jpeg
IMG_5477.jpeg
IMG_5478.jpeg
IMG_5479.jpeg

Here lies elsewhere, and I think Slurricane will come down on Friday. Had a few gusty days and blew over several times and lost a few limbs, and dirty others up. Still a bit of rot on her and MAC(k) were removed today, and I don’t wanna lose anymore. Thought Blue Cindy could go a bit longer but she’s pretty good where I got her too, and will hope for the same with this. Also removed some rot was from C99 yesterday when the pics were taken. Blackberry Moonrocks is looking hearty, and man are her buds rock hard and dense. Maybe take her down n Monday after Amy short work shift. MAC(k) seems like she needs another week or so, but the weekend ain’t looking great and will give her Slurricane extra cover when I take her down Friday. so in order Slurricane, MAC(k), C99, BlackBerry Moonrocks and CBG

IMG_5483.jpeg
IMG_5484.jpeg
IMG_5485.jpeg
IMG_5487.jpeg
IMG_5488.jpeg
IMG_5489.jpeg
IMG_5490.jpeg
IMG_5491.jpeg
IMG_5492.jpeg
IMG_5493.jpeg

Well I thought I was working this morning but I was a day ahead. So I had today off and not tomorrow, and so Slurricane came down. First batch was just thrown in the freeze dryer, and I think I got roughly 1890g of wet bud in the end. (100g+ tossed because of rot) They are super sticky, pretty solid and looked like a graveyard for a ton of various small bugs like ants, flies and I don’t even know. Probably the dirtiest I’ve seen my water buckets get, but she also fell a few times too. Now I wait patiently for them to finish drying, which won’t be until close to 11pm tomorrow night. perfect timing for bedtime

IMG_5500.jpeg
IMG_5502.jpeg
IMG_5503.png

First batch of Slurricane is dried and I jarred 231g of her. Tried about 4 bowls of her before bed, and shes pretty mellow man. She tastes real smooth and can taste the DoSiDos lineage in her. She’s slightly flowery, sort of sweat with some very faint berry like taste. She didn’t hit like a truck like a thought it would but the weighted blanket eventually just started to feel heavier and heavier without any adjusting. Also made me a bit snacky and couldn’t help myself from eating a full salted caramel chocolate bar at midnight too myself. So I’m hoping on Monday after a short work shift, I can take down my BlackBerry Moonrocks. Gonna need a bit longer to dry because of how dense her buds are.

IMG_5507.jpeg
IMG_5508.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg
IMG_5511.jpeg
IMG_5512.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom