Schnookie's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow - Regular Cement Shoes & Bruce Banner CBD

Been a little too down to write much here...I lost my son last week. He has been struggling with severe Bipolar for half his life and wanted an end to his torment.
Crushing news, Schnookie.

My sincere condolences for your loss.

My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family Schnookie.:love: May your sons soul rest in enteral peace!:Namaste:

Well, the show must go on, so to speak. My son has been acting DJ on my alexa devices reminding me he's still around...

I moved two of the plants to the big tent to make more room and they have been on 12/12 for a day and a half so I'll be checking for male and female parts soon. I haven't checked which plants I moved yet...think they were both Cement Shoes. I am turning the small tent to 12/12 tonight and haven't decided if I will have a perpetual grow right now. Might be good for me to keep busy...

20231209_131137.jpg

20231209_131022.jpg

Ok, so everyone's in flower and I've got the 2 3gallon plants showing balls. Gonna leave 'em in there a few more days to make sure some pollen scatters about in both tents (which means I've have F2s and then 2 crosses).
20231218_133234.jpg

20231219_120339.jpg

Hoping no herms...

I guess I mistook the early flowers of another Cement shoes plant in the big tent for female, but it's male. Only need one of these guys, so he's out in the cold outside now. Everything I'm reading about pollen collection seems to poit to at least 3 weeks of maturation before sacks open, so I'll be watching twice a day now that we're past 2 weeks. Still seem to be juvenile yet...

So the big Cement Shoes had a few nanners pop today. I took a couple leaves with pollen on them and wiped them over a few buds of the Bruce Banner CBD. I figure that with the fan blowing constantly and this, I should definitely get plenty of seeds. Keeping an eye on the other tent for pollen and will move those pollenated girls into the big tent and spray everything down to neutralize any remaining pollen, plus ensure the mites are also kept at bay. I don't have a humidifier (yet/anymore) and with the regular humidity now in the 40s inside (plus temps low 60's), growth has definitely been slowed. I'll add the Mars light to the big tent too which will maximize my light for the remaining 3 plants.

Fertilized BBCBD
20231221_140548.jpg

on the deck scattering pollen to the wind
20231221_140635.jpg

BBCBS male with 2 CM females ready for mating
20231221_140724.jpg

BBCBD baby daddy immature
20231221_140748.jpg

I took the BBCBD male and put him outside since the balls haven't popped yet. I found one opened but there was no pollen so it was a dud. Sprayed down the CM girl from that tent with some natural bug spray and added her to the big tent along with the lights. Should be nice and bright for flowering now. Once the male pops some pollen, I'll bring the CM girl outside and pollenate a few tops.

BBCBD back left corner, CM other two
20231226_134036.jpg
20231226_133803.jpg

It's been cold (duh, December...January. LOL) so the male outside has been slow to mature but I saw a few nanners popped so rubbed the last CM girl all over that guy outside and should have fertilized enough to make some seeds. Turns out the Amnesia Lemon which was pollenated literally has a seed in every bud, and if the bud is larger than my pinky tip, it's gonna have half a dozen seeds. I don't know if these are AL X CP or herm'd AL X AL. Also, not sure why, but the Cherry Pie jjar o' buds doesn't seem to have any seeds at all. I found one (1) initially but none since the first taster. Hm?

So, Hoping I get more than an oz from each of these as I haven't decided if/when I'm going to start another grow. I want to ensure I have a stock of smokable in the cabinet so I may have to plant a couple more seeds to prevent any outages. I'm also going to be taking lots of these extra seeds and see how they do in the garden this spring/summer so there may be a huge supply come next winter...

20240102_132932.jpg
20240102_132955.jpg

The extra pot with the "dead" plant is my previously bug infested patchouli. I've sprayed a few times and it hates it, dropping leaves at the sign of anything it's not used to. Hopefully it comes back. I prolly need to get it out of the direct light.

I will be starting to look at BBCBD harvest the week of Feb 7 - 5 weeks from now, which will be about 8 weeks of flower total ish. Might hang on an extra week or more to get mostly amber trichombs for maximum maturity. One of the CM has been in flower a week longer, aloing with BBCBD, than the other (smaller plant) so I'll be watching harvest around the same time or a week later for it, and then another week for the other. All in all, I hope to have these all chopped next month. I'm almost out of GeoFlora bloom so have been supplementing with MC 3g/G plus sweet candy 1g. The nitrogen is getting used up fast in BBCBD the most so the extra N in the MC should help. Bought another couple bags of GeoF which should get here next week hopefully.

I added some wood under the shorter plants to bring them closer to the light. Big CS was getting close to 80k lux so lowered the light output until they are at around 57k lux right now. Not sure if they're getting any taller as I haven't measured here, but the lower light should help prevent burn if they get too much taller. Trying to dial in the nutes until the Geoflora gets delivered...nitrogen loss leading to llots of lower leaf yellowing. 58-59 degrees at night adding some blue and purple to some of the leaves...

20240108_151242.jpg

A couple days ago I updated the lighting in the tent by swapping out the Mars 100w and CFL bulbs with the 250w HPS.

They're getting 62k lux lumens whatever at the top of the taller CS and at least 50k on most of the rest of the colas.

Looking back through my older grows I saw that worked pretty well so I wanted to get it started again since I just planted 4 more seeds and i needed the light for the new veg tent which is also the heat source. New journal on that to come shortly.

20240115_122053.jpg

20240114_150952.jpg

20240114_150745.jpg

Hm, I thought I posted another update...can't believe it's been a week!

The BBCBD has some mites but the CS seem to be resisting them. I've been adding rosemary oil to their water and made a spray a while ago. The BBCBD is SO sticky and smells medicinally like I remember other CBD strains smelling. We're at somewhere between 5-6 weeks now so we should be thinking about harvest soon (why am I talking like there's more than me? LOL!).

Yesterday...I didn't water that much and they showed it today....I still need to get more in the pots.
20240120_110241.jpg

Cement Shoes #1 looking ok
20240122_105459.jpg

CS#2 started a little earlier so got better lighting longer She's about 8 inches taller than the other two
20240122_105444.jpg

Bruce Banner CBD has been yellowing the most although CS#2 has lost the most leaves (see pile on bottom of tent). BBCBD doesn't let you just pull off the yellow or brown leaves, they're stuck on so need to be trimmed with the clippers. I used to think if they couldn't be pulled off they're still useful to the plant, but these dead dried up leaves ain't got nothing left in them useful to the plant that I can tell.
20240122_105420.jpg

Well I was thinking harvest was coming up, and I was partially right. CS is shown on @Canuk Seeds website to have a 8-10 week flowering period. That's pretty broad. Looking back at my journal, it seems CS2 was into flower cycle at least a week before the other 2 here and she would be coming up on 8 weeks after this weekend so I'm gonna look at trichs soon. CS1 today let me pull off about a dozen leaves of various shades of yellow/brown/purple with only a couple having a tiny bit of green. Bear in mind "pull" is an incorrect term as it was more like, "brush by" that was all it took to take the leaves off. A few more off CS2 and clipped a few off BBCBD for a nice photo op...

20240124_154955.jpg

Took a look at trichs this morning and there are practically no clear to be found, except on the lowest buds. Also seeing mite eggs on some leaves and saw some dirt on a bud so it's time to chop and wash today and this weekend. Might be good to find something to keep me busier. It's been a really hard day already thinking about my son Jon. I've been leaving tears all over the house. :(🥺😢😭

So I realized I'm gonna want to let them go a little longer and get the seeds to mature which will also give me more sleep medicine I guess which I really need most. Also these little guys are not ready for the big bright tent yet.

20240127_195634.jpg

Back
Top Bottom