A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

Day 81

20240402_033317.jpg

Purple Punch

The Purple Punch came down earlier today (Day 80 - 5th). Well overdue.
I had spotted a few bananas starting, which is a sign that it was time.
It's not a hermaphrodite, but a sign that it was done and wanting to rodelize (self pollinate).

20240403_004457.jpg

banana.jpg

There was lots of larf (lol) on this bugger.
I should've watered prior to harvest. Not doing so meant trimming the lowers was a pain.

20240405_101542.jpg

20240405_101719.jpg

Blue Dream

And then there was one. I don't see myself waiting much longer before I chop it.
This plant has been quite yellow the entire way through bloom and I'm not sure why.
I've been lazy and gave water only for the last week. It'll yield well.
Humidity has been really low at a times (40%), and likely why I've dodged any mold issues.

20240402_033252.jpg

The Cement Shoes is nearly done in the fridge. This is the GG4 that was trimmed the other day.
It was dried for approximately 36 hours then put into a box and thrown the fridge.
The box has a lid and gets lined with parchment paper.
The latter keeps the box clean and lets me lift all the buds out at once.
Little buds line the bottom of the box and the bigger buds go on top. There's not much to it.
In about two weeks it'll be dry enough to bag. Trust the process. It works great.

20240402_234453.jpg

---

Trim Jail always does suck. But when ya get outta trim Jail, and Da Nuggs are dry. It's almost All worth it!! Right ;) :high-five:

Wish I had that many Yummy Nuggs laying Around. Good job my buddy @Regrowth!:drool::bravo:. Soon enough I will hopefully!!
Great gardening Reg, lovely looking buds and what a great harvest!
Ooh I'm so ready to try my hand at trim jail!!
💚 Great looking harvest Reggie 💚

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words.
Hope all is well and thanks for stopping by. 💚

Congratulations on all the pretty purple flowers even with the lol! The GG4 tray is looking great and the foxtails on the Blue Dream are shining like a bunch of little lighthouses in the back corner.

The end is in sight! :welldone:
Thanks, Shed. It was a pleasure to grow these plants from @Canuk Seeds.
I cant wait to sample them and get to know them all a little better.
For now, at least the scissor hash gives me a little taste of the future. Thanks for stopping by, my friend.

edit:
That box of buds at the end might be the Cement Shoes.
The box itself is labeled but my photos clearly aren't. 😅
I'll do a follow up when the CS gets bagged in the next few days.
If done properly then I can manage to bag without any burping needed but it's a bit tricky for me to time right.

Thanks, Shed. It was a pleasure to grow these plants from @Canuk Seeds.
I cant wait to sample them and get to know them all a little better.
For now, at least the scissor hash gives me a little taste of the future. Thanks for stopping by, my friend.
That’s a really nice looking 👀 harvest RG, I can’t wait to hear your smoke 💨 report. How long did it take you to trim all that? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone::party:

That’s a really nice looking 👀 harvest RG, I can’t wait to hear your smoke 💨 report. How long did it take you to trim all that? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone::party:

Thanks, CL. I feel a bit embarrassed saying it but I spent like 8 hours trimming. That's why I complain about it so much.
If it were just the main colas I would've been done in no time because they had nearly no leaves. A great bud structure.
I do a tighter trim than some and because I harvested with the plant a bit thirsty, all the leaves on the lowers were drooping over the buds... And I'm just slow in general I guess. 🐢

Thanks, CL. I feel a bit embarrassed saying it but I spent like 8 hours trimming. That's why I complain about it so much.
If it were just the main colas I would've been done in no time because they had nearly no leaves. A great bud structure.
I do a tighter trim than some and because I harvested with the plant a bit thirsty, all the leaves on the lowers were drooping over the buds... And I'm just slow in general I guess. 🐢
Don’t feel alone RG, I have to do all my own trimming. It’s why they call ☎️ it trim jail cause you’re in it until it’s done ✅. It took me 2 days trimming my Golden Tiger and I still have bad memories of it. I’m seriously considering buying a bowl trimmer. CL🍀

Nobody likes Trimming at all.. I hafta with my outdoor every year. It's a Totally Pain In the Ass.. But my outdoor is my Medicine for the winter and spring. So a Proper trim, Dry, Cured in mason jars. Will last for months to a couple years.

But what I have found is.. That the longer you "Cure" Buds in a mason jar. The More it turns into A More CBD,CBG,CBN,. Product. Which in turn still gets ya high, But with more Medicinal Affects.

Hence the Sleepy Affects of me now. I out Holmes. Later,

I’m seriously considering buying a bowl trimmer.
If you lived closer I would give you mine for free. It's a waste of space 👍 would never put my bud through it wet and that's probably the only time I could see it worth using. Dry mine trims all the easy stuff but everything else is so tight to the bud they just roll about so I just do it myself. It's literally become annoying shaped trim tray.

Day 84: Blue Dream Harvest day 1 of 2 🌽

20240408_205845.jpg

20240408_205944.jpg

20240408_205716.jpg

20240408_205606.jpg

I took the tops and this is what's left to trim. Lots... 😂 But I will hopefully finish tonight.

20240408_211702.jpg

Here's what was trimmed.

20240409_034755.jpg

20240409_034906.jpg

Not only did it yield well, it's frosty, mold resistant and smells great too. I'm looking forward to firing some up.

Big harvests like those take ages if you have to do it alone!
Don’t feel alone RG, I have to do all my own trimming. It’s why they call ☎️ it trim jail cause you’re in it until it’s done ✅. It took me 2 days trimming my Golden Tiger and I still have bad memories of it. I’m seriously considering buying a bowl trimmer. CL🍀
I'm trimming this one with extra enthusiasm because it's the last one. 😂

Nobody likes Trimming at all.. I hafta with my outdoor every year. It's a Totally Pain In the Ass.. But my outdoor is my Medicine for the winter and spring. So a Proper trim, Dry, Cured in mason jars. Will last for months to a couple years.

But what I have found is.. That the longer you "Cure" Buds in a mason jar. The More it turns into A More CBD,CBG,CBN,. Product. Which in turn still gets ya high, But with more Medicinal Affects.

Hence the Sleepy Affects of me now. I out Holmes. Later,

I have a nug of GSC from my first journal here and I like popping the jar for the smell of nostalgia.
A lot of my older stash still packs a punch but it does seem to get more sleepy and less cerebral over time.

Congrats on the harvest RG some quality looking flower bro 👌 and plenty of it! 💪

Thanks GV.

If you lived closer I would give you mine for free. It's a waste of space 👍 would never put my bud through it wet and that's probably the only time I could see it worth using. Dry mine trims all the easy stuff but everything else is so tight to the bud they just roll about so I just do it myself. It's literally become annoying shaped trim tray.

If it's that bad, then I wont waste my money buying one.
I'd only use it to do the lowers and give the colas some respect. lol

20240409_034906.jpg

Not only did it yield well, it's frosty, mold resistant and smells great too. I'm looking forward to firing some up.
🤤🤤
Mine is the 19" vevor one so don't know if I just got a crap one. A quick trim for concentrate I would use it just not my main flower 👍

Regrowth, I don't totally agree with GV's opinion about the bowl trimmer. I find it to be a huge time-saver! I will say that how effective it is depends on how you use it and, more importantly I think, how you personally want your buds to appear once they are trimmed.

I have a 19 incher made by Vivosun (they also make a 16 inch one). I only use it for dry or nearly dry weed.

I typically make the decision whether I'm going to use the trimmer prior to the beginning of the chop. If I opt to go with the trimmer then when I take the plant down all I remove are the large/medium sized fan leaves. That's a huge time savings! Then they go into the fridge to dry. Once dry enough, I buck the buds from the stems and run them through the trimmer.

It will not produce the neatly trimmed buds that some folks desire, but it will make your buds look "respectable." Once I get them into long-term storage I have no issues with removing a bud and giving it a little hand-trim if there's still stuff present that I don't want. This is a lot easier (for me) than hand-trimming the whole bunch at once. Hell, I can only smoke one bud at a time anyway!

The stuff that's removed by the trimmer is conveniently caught in the bottom of the bowl and is used mostly for butter.

HERE is a post I did a short time ago that kind of shows the results of the process.

It's always good to get a second opinion! :Rasta:

I'm trimming this one with extra enthusiasm because it's the last one. 😂

I have a nug of GSC from my first journal here and I like popping the jar for the smell of nostalgia.
A lot of my older stash still packs a punch but it does seem to get more sleepy and less cerebral over time.

Thanks GV.

I have the same one GDB has, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Congrats on the harvests, Regrowth! I'm collecting the following info for each strain so when you get a chance, could you please give me the info I'm missing for each of your plants?

Regrowth's Numbers - April 2024.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom