MarsHydro Sponsors Giveaway Appreciation Grow Room 2 RDWC

PhotoRoom-20230603_081704~2.png

🙏Mars Hydro Giveaway grow🙏
🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Hello all at 420, the time has come! I'd like to welcome you all to my @Mars Hydro grow journals.

Back in may Mars Hydro held a giveaway welcoming all members giving us all the chance to win a FC4800 LED grow light. By now I'm sure you guessed it lol I was the lucky random winner and I still can't believe it as I'm never that lucky! so finally my appreciation grow starts today 😎
Unfortunately mars hydro's equipment doesn't sit on the shelf for long & the FC4800 was out of stock but we came to an agreement on a replacement light bagging myself a FC-E6500 👌👌

Now before we get started.. @Mars Hydro team, thank you for my new light & all you do here at 420 as I know I'm definitely not the only member who you've blessed with such a gift. I will be forever greatfull & I have decided I will be doing two grow journals at the same time in honour of your generosity. I recently purchased a FC-E3000 to power my 3x3 (Room 2) & attempt my first RDWC so 🤞 for success and I hope you enjoy the journals 💚

Link for Room 1:

Room 2
Mars hydro FC3000
3x3 tent
2X UK cheese clones (exo sku #1) RDWC
25L buckets
25L reservoir (temporary)

Firstly the star of the show is my new Mars hydro FC3000 300w full spectrum LED. This light came assembled so just unbox and hang, I was actually looking forward to assembling 🤣 MH definitely changed my attitude to assembling lights! Again quality brushed chrome finish, light weight aluminium frame, removable driver, lockable mains leads & WiFi connectivity with smart app 🤙🤙

PXL_20230917_173432146.jpg
PXL_20230917_173413273.jpg
PXL_20230917_173458192.jpg

Unfortunately my clones are delayed.. they was supposed to arrive today but my buddy had them in big pots of soil thinking he was doing me a favour so for now we will go over my equipment and ideas. I have never tried RDWC before only some DWC cloning so if you see me doing anything crazy please feel free to educate me I'm very open to it 😎

Plans are to continuously bottom feed two buckets and have them both overflow back to my reservoir. I was also thinking of using Coco coir to fill my net pots instead of Hydroton pebbles? But depends on how my clones come. Also thinking of trying waterfall aeration in the Res but if it's too loud or insufficient I can stick a air stone in there. My air pump is quit loud so may need a new one.
To save space I will attempt to have my nutrient chiller and reservoir inside my tent. And nutrients I was going to try and use my Coco fertilizer? I'm guessing it just comes with extra calmag as standard.
New filters in my RO system so I will be back at 0ppm. Standard mix will be 0.5G potassium bicarbonate to 1Gal of RO, 1Ml/L shogun calmag then nutrient mix hopefully this keeps me stable. I chose Shogun calmag this time as it has a lower percentage of nitrogen, there was a zero percent but that was us only.

Current progress.. mostly salvaged parts, my feed line at bottom will also be connected to my drain system to make any water changes easier.
PXL_20230917_173645903.jpg
PXL_20230920_195855497.jpg
PXL_20230921_222342937.jpg
PXL_20230921_222354203.jpg

I think that's it for now.
Thanks for your time and support, Feel free to follow along. ✌️💚

Link to Winning competition:

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Hello all at 420, the time has come! I'd like to welcome you all to my @Mars Hydro grow journals.

Back in may Mars Hydro held a giveaway welcoming all members giving us all the chance to win a FC4800 LED grow light. By now I'm sure you guessed it lol I was the lucky random winner and I still can't believe it as I'm never that lucky! so finally my appreciation grow starts today 😎
Unfortunately mars hydro's equipment doesn't sit on the shelf for long & the FC4800 was out of stock but we came to an agreement on a replacement light bagging myself a FC-E6500 👌👌

Now before we get started.. @Mars Hydro team, thank you for my new light & all you do here at 420 as I know I'm definitely not the only member who you've blessed with such a gift. I will be forever greatfull & I have decided I will be doing two grow journals at the same time in honour of your generosity. I recently purchased a FC-E3000 to power my 3x3 (Room 2) & attempt my first RDWC so 🤞 for success and I hope you enjoy the journals 💚

Link for Room 1:

Room 2
Mars hydro FC3000
3x3 tent
2X UK cheese clones (exo sku #1) RDWC
25L buckets
25L reservoir (temporary)

Firstly the star of the show is my new Mars hydro FC3000 300w full spectrum LED. This light came assembled so just unbox and hang, I was actually looking forward to assembling 🤣 MH definitely changed my attitude to assembling lights! Again quality brushed chrome finish, light weight aluminium frame, removable driver, lockable mains leads & WiFi connectivity with smart app 🤙🤙

PXL_20230917_173432146.jpg
PXL_20230917_173413273.jpg
PXL_20230917_173458192.jpg

Unfortunately my clones are delayed.. they was supposed to arrive today but my buddy had them in big pots of soil thinking he was doing me a favour so for now we will go over my equipment and ideas. I have never tried RDWC before only some DWC cloning so if you see me doing anything crazy please feel free to educate me I'm very open to it 😎

Plans are to continuously bottom feed two buckets and have them both overflow back to my reservoir. I was also thinking of using Coco coir to fill my net pots instead of Hydroton pebbles? But depends on how my clones come. Also thinking of trying waterfall aeration in the Res but if it's too loud or insufficient I can stick a air stone in there. My air pump is quit loud so may need a new one.
To save space I will attempt to have my nutrient chiller and reservoir inside my tent. And nutrients I was going to try and use my Coco fertilizer? I'm guessing it just comes with extra calmag as standard.
New filters in my RO system so I will be back at 0ppm. Standard mix will be 0.5G potassium bicarbonate to 1Gal of RO, 1Ml/L shogun calmag then nutrient mix hopefully this keeps me stable. I chose Shogun calmag this time as it has a lower percentage of nitrogen, there was a zero percent but that was us only.

Current progress.. mostly salvaged parts, my feed line at bottom will also be connected to my drain system to make any water changes easier.
PXL_20230917_173645903.jpg
PXL_20230920_195855497.jpg
PXL_20230921_222342937.jpg
PXL_20230921_222354203.jpg

I think that's it for now.
Thanks for your time and support, Feel free to follow along. ✌️💚

Link to Winning competition:
I think you should aim to have the reservoir outside of the tent when you change it out for a bigger one. You will otherwise struggle keeping water temps down. Even when running a chiller it's better to have reservoir and chiller a good distance from the actual grow. Reservoir size is crucial for keeping temps and pH stable in RDWC.

Basements are best for growing in water cultures because of the ease of keeping water temps down.

Looking forward to see them grow! Cheers!

I think you should aim to have the reservoir outside of the tent when you change it out for a bigger one. You will otherwise struggle keeping water temps down. Even when running a chiller it's better to have reservoir and chiller a good distance from the actual grow. Reservoir size is crucial for keeping temps and pH stable in RDWC.

Basements are best for growing in water cultures because of the ease of keeping water temps down.

Looking forward to see them grow! Cheers!
Thanks bro 🙏 this is definitely a concern but will see how it rides on test run and through veg. my lack of space makes it near Worst case I can get the chiller out but Res would make it a ball ache. I have loads of bubble foil insulation which I could wrap buckets and Res with too 🤔
Thanks for checking in, appreciate you bro 🙏

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Good evening 420! A quick update for you deep water junkies 🤙 today I installed my water chiller and insulated my pots & resovoir. I made a jacket and a hat lol and still have plenty left for a Res upgrade. I will get the leftover space measured to find the biggest Res I can fit.
Tomorrow I will clean my net pots & pumps then get some water flowing 🤞 no leaks.
I'm still unsure on sterile or beneficials but I need to get a order in for pebbles, h202. Any recommendations for beneficials? I've always had tribus saved but it's mad pricey!

Anyways some pictures from today 😎

PXL_20230923_144238270.jpg
PXL_20230923_203159056.jpg
PXL_20230923_203205553.jpg
PXL_20230923_213308741.jpg

Hope your all enjoying your weekend! Untill tomorrow ✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Good evening 420! A quick update for you deep water junkies 🤙 today I installed my water chiller and insulated my pots & resovoir. I made a jacket and a hat lol and still have plenty left for a Res upgrade. I will get the leftover space measured to find the biggest Res I can fit.
Tomorrow I will clean my net pots & pumps then get some water flowing 🤞 no leaks.
I'm still unsure on sterile or beneficials but I need to get a order in for pebbles, h202. Any recommendations for beneficials? I've always had tribus saved but it's mad pricey!

Anyways some pictures from today 😎

PXL_20230923_144238270.jpg
PXL_20230923_203159056.jpg
PXL_20230923_203205553.jpg
PXL_20230923_213308741.jpg

Hope your all enjoying your weekend! Untill tomorrow ✌️💚
Regular unscented bleach, sodium hypochlorite at 3-5ppm residual. Adding every third day and to anything added to the reservoir. I would save the money and hassle on H2O2. Buy potassium silicate to stabilize pH and combat pests and bud rot. It also increases yield and potency for the increased CEC and nutrient uptake. The calculator is in my signature for running chlorine.

H2O2 is not very shelf stable and only has residual effect of 6-12 hours depending on aeration, plant size and count. Meaning you have to keep adding every day to two times daily.

I would not start running DWC with beneficial but I have friends that have done it successfully but most of them have been going over to coir since the cleaning and maintenance of the system is way higher compared to running a sterile DWC. In coir you can add a lot of organic additives and still be fine and even be beneficial.

All the best of luck! Keep temps lower than normal. You don't need to run temps higher than 24-25C ~ 75F in DWC and lower temps helps to keep temps down and not let the chiller work more than needed. If you ever decide to redesign the system its way easier to maintain it with the reservoir outside of the tent like I mentioned in earlier post. It's easier and sometimes you want to do res changes, top offs and pH adjustments when lights are out.

Regular unscented bleach, sodium hypochlorite at 3-5ppm residual. Adding every third day and to anything added to the reservoir. I would save the money and hassle on H2O2. Buy potassium silicate to stabilize pH and combat pests and bud rot. It also increases yield and potency for the increased CEC and nutrient uptake. The calculator is in my signature for running chlorine.

H2O2 is not very shelf stable and only has residual effect of 6-12 hours depending on aeration, plant size and count. Meaning you have to keep adding every day to two times daily.

I would not start running DWC with beneficial but I have friends that have done it successfully but most of them have been going over to coir since the cleaning and maintenance of the system is way higher compared to running a sterile DWC. In coir you can add a lot of organic additives and still be fine and even be beneficial.

All the best of luck! Keep temps lower than normal. You don't need to run temps higher than 24-25C ~ 75F in DWC and lower temps helps to keep temps down and not let the chiller work more than needed. If you ever decide to redesign the system its way easier to maintain it with the reservoir outside of the tent like I mentioned in earlier post. It's easier and sometimes you want to do res changes, top offs and pH adjustments when lights are out.
Much appreciated brother 🙏 alot of info there! I ruled out h202 as it's low percentage over here and would cost a bomb to use every couple days.. I was just about to pull the trigger on some pond beneficials then see your reply so i will take a quick browse on your info on sterile as I like the lower maintenance side of it 👍
Using RO I've always used potassium silicate and in my Coco my 50L Res would fluctuate between 17.5c & 18.5c so was going to run the same here. Could wait to see how it runs naturally first on a test run temp wise.
I'm thinking to get a bluelab combo meter to reduce opening the Res as much but top ups and adjustments will be at lights out for now unless I think of something..

Cheers bro 👊

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Evening 420 fam, today was a funny day is my positive way of putting it and unfortunately I was too stoned/confused/shitting it to grab any pictures but we still made progress 🤣
I purchased a 62L heavy duty storage box and cut some holes in it last night then today my lovely wife who's not a fan of bud insulated it whilst I was at work 😁

PXL_20230927_183739342.jpg
PXL_20230928_173321619.jpg
PXL_20230928_173339516.MP.jpg
PXL_20230928_173343281.jpg
PXL_20230928_173719024.jpg
PXL_20230928_173821575.jpg

Happy days right, so I tightened up all the connections and started filling with RO water. It holds 40L of water up to the return pipe which should be fine.. I didn't want to raise my buckets any higher.. after filling my Res I filled a 20L bucked of RO water then mixed in 5ppm of bleach. The plan was to top off the Res as the buckets filled so I could time them to see how long it took to fill giving me a actual exchange rate.
Now I realised my 1000L/HR pump wasn't sufficient which is strange 🤔 oh wait why's my sock getting wet 🤣🤣🤣
WHYS MY SOCK GETTING WET! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Stoned right, I'm quickly looking around my system with not one drip of water like what the hell! So I quickly chuck my extra water in the Res incase that's leaking but not cracks lol as I go to put it down I see water pooring out of my Coco drain pipes 🙄 I check my system and clearly one of my stop valves has failed luckily I used a second stop valve as a connector so I switched that off and no more leaking few!
As I'm cleaning up it struck me... my drainage pipes split between both tents 😮 *unzips Coco tent* all my plants was fine just floating on a lake of water 🤣🤣🤣 it took me alot of towels but it's clean again all floors got a unscheduled mop so we'll take two tomorrow 😁
Tomorrow I will:
  • Pump my buckets back into the Res so I don't waste it, then fill it all again..
  • swap the stop valve and test the new one!
  • Time my exchange rate again
  • Leave system running with all pumps (including spares) submerged to clean
  • Drain and refill Res with fresh water ready for clones.
So fun evening, I hope yours was more relaxed lol I'll hopefully be back with good news tomorrow 🤞

Peace and love ✌️

Man, I admire folks stepping out of their comfort zone! Much respect and love bro!
Definitely want to go DWC, so I'll be in the back taking notes..lol .
Between coco and DWC best results imo. @Preston9mm runs coco too.
My promix hcc is nice but definitely a difference than HP. Dude at the hydro store didn't know what the hell he's talking about.

I already call December or January"NOTM". With soulfire..
Any wanna to throw down on some dead presidents? Lol

Mr green! Much love bro, for me it has to be done bro this is who I am. My careers in life have been construction, mechanic & engineer.. i love creating and experimenting so it highly shows in my grows.. everyone's personality will be seen through growing in some way..
Coco and hydro definitely excel in veg building more bud sites and growing faster which is a bonus but I really like the art of growing when I think deeply about these plants even organic soil has its own unique way it just lacks in the oxygen which our flower loves!
Dwc is fascinating, no medium. submerging roots in water and controlling oxygen levels aswell as everything else.. I actually picture them on a river bank by my house where two rivers meet it's the perfect spot 👌 I think the accelerated growth is like a pay rise to learning a new skill 😂😂
Yeah I'm following Preston's current grow it's a nice set up👌
Your medium definitely has great aeration you can tell buy the accelerated growth bro I can see why you love it!

It's Friday! Hope you have a great weekend bro ✌️

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Evening fellow growmies! Hope your all well & enjoying your weekend. Still no plants but confirmed this week is the week :slide:
Today I wasn't called out to work so got my system running and left it running all day. Fingers crossed but so far it's not leaking 🤞🤞 I just need to decide on how to oxygenate the water.. I'm only oxygenating the resovoir and hopefully that's enough but obviously the plants will let me know. I will see what I have in the spares to possibly pump some water through some jets back into the water but if it's too loud I will just add a airstone. Tomorrow I wil add some more bleach and leave it running but once I hear the clones are ready I will drain the whole system give it one last wipe through then fill with light nutrients.

On my last update I had a bad leak.. turns out someone had put the leaver on the stop valve wrong so closed was open 😂 it now corrected 🤦‍♂️

Oh and @Wastei 32c/89f was my room temps with chiller running! Couldn't get it down so it's back behind the door.. I'll have to diet to get in and out 😂

PXL_20231001_154521446.MP.jpg
PXL_20231001_185801330.jpg

Thanks for stopping by ✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Short and sweet, I tried to make a water fall effect with spare pump and piping but it wasn't cutting it so I just chucked my air pump and stones in the resovoir.. one stone in each corner.. I washed the clay pebbles & net pots then installed them also.
I'm pretty set to go now just some tidying up & need to drain the system. One last wipe out then fill with light nutes and bleach. 🤞🤞

Picture for proof 😂
PXL_20231003_215047133.MP.jpg

✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱

🏔️ Acclimating 🏔️

Well well well look who remembered he has a journal 😂 good morning grow family the time has come!

Friday the 13th unlucky for some but my B-Day and the day my clones arrived! I was working a long one so late at night I got them home, placed them in a container for better RH then went bed.

PXL_20231013_180523001.jpg

Friday the 14th I checked on them in the afternoon and at some point the tub fell over! 🤦‍♂️ cloners were on the floor looking shriveled and floppy, rock wool was bone dry so I wasn't happy 😬 I watered all with a pipette and low ppm feed then I placed them back I the container.
I got my system drained which worked quite well just opened the tap and they drained into my COCO waste system then pumped outside instead of bucket. Once drained I wiped the buckets and Res clean adjusted a few pipes then filed again with:
70L RO
3ppm bleach
1 tsp potassium bicarbonate
70ml Calmag (could lower)
70ml A&B
70ml Root+
Total = 5.8PH - 1.1EC (600ppm)
Chilled @18.5c

I will check my PH every 24 hours (this evening) for stability but do have a bluelab combo meter on its way.

I chose the two with the best looking roots & planted in my RDWC.. not deep enough to touch the water but just under the surface of the clay pebbles then put the insulated lid over and a cup for RH. It looks like the very bottom of the clay pebbles sit in the water so hopefully it stays moist 🤞 The rest of the clones went into solos with humidity cups on top.

PXL_20231014_211337342.jpg
PXL_20231015_103328938.jpg

They are looking much happier already so we should be good if my set up works well 🤞😬
Plans ahead I will be putting the driver back on the lights to hopefully bring the temps a bit as it's a lot cooler then my 4x4.

Pray for me guys 😂😂
Let's go! 💪
Much love y'all ✌️

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱
🚧 construction 🚧

Well well well look who remembered he has a journal 😂 good morning grow family the time has come!

Friday the 13th unlucky for some but my B-Day and the day my clones arrived! I was working a long one so late at night I got them home, placed them in a container for better RH then went bed.

Friday the 14th I checked on them in the afternoon and at some point the tub fell over! 🤦‍♂️ cloners were on the floor looking shriveled and floppy, rock wool was bone dry so I wasn't happy 😬 I watered all with a pipette and low ppm feed then I placed them back I the container.
I got my system drained which worked quite well just opened the tap and they drained into my COCO waste system then pumped outside instead of bucket. Once drained I wiped the buckets and Res clean adjusted a few pipes then filed again with:
70L RO
3ppm bleach
70ml A&B
70ml Root+
I will check my PH every 24 hours (this evening) for stability but do have a bluelab combo meter on its way.

I chose the two with the best looking roots & planted in my RDWC.. not deep enough to touch the water but just under the surface of the clay pebbles then put the insulates lid over and a cup for RH. It looks like the very bottom of the clay pebbles sit in the water so hopefully it stays moist 🤞 The rest of the clones went into solos with humidity cups on top.

They are looking much happier already so we should be good if my set up works well 🤞😬
Plans ahead I will be putting the driver back on the lights to hopefully bring the temps a bit as it's a lot cooler then my 4x4.

Pray for me guys 😂😂
Let's go! 💪
Much love y'all ✌️
You got this. :thumb:
No prayers necessary.
Rock & Roll Amigo. :yahoo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You got this. :thumb:
No prayers necessary.
Rock & Roll Amigo. :yahoo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Cheers Bill :thanks: well get em there!
Hope you well bud still praying for no more rot 🙏
✌️💚

🔥New light FC3000🔥
🌱Cheese clones RDWC🌱

🏔️ Acclimating 🏔️

70L RO
3ppm bleach
70ml A&B
70ml Root+
Chilled @18.5c

I chose the two with the best looking roots & planted in my RDWC.. not deep enough to touch the water but just under the surface of the clay pebbles then put the insulated lid over and a cup for RH. It looks like the very bottom of the clay pebbles sit in the water so hopefully it stays moist 🤞 The rest of the clones went into solos with humidity cups on top.

Pray for me guys 😂😂
Let's go! 💪
Much love y'all ✌️
Happy birthday for the other day 🎉🍻
looking forward to seeing these girls grow some juicy buds

Happy birthday for the other day 🎉🍻
looking forward to seeing these girls grow some juicy buds
muchos gracias brother 🙏
Hope your good! When you firing up the syphon again?
✌️💚

Back
Top Bottom