Canuk Seeds: GDB Just Canuking Around

Well well well I'm late but not late 😎 like turning up to a party that just uncovered the food 😂 🤞 for you bro.

Hello all.

I'm not getting much love from my @Canuk Seeds.

They've been in damp paper towels for 3 days now. Six seeds total and all I've got are two tap roots, and those are tiny.

Cement Shoes - one with a tap root and one open but with nothing coming out.
Cement 10-23-23.JPG

Purple Punch - one with a small tap root and one unopened.
PP 10-23-23.JPG

G13 - both shut up tight as clams.
G13 10-23-23.JPG

I'll leave them for a few more days but my faith is waning.

--------------------------

Early and often! :)

You may be on to something Carcass. Even those that did pop didn't grow decent tap roots.

Sorry you're having issues Carmen. Contrary to the popular saying, misery does not like company.

Thanks for your input Absorber. But the trash bin is their more likely end if they don't act right soon. I ain't got time to keep muckin' around with them!

---------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
GDB, I had germination issues on my Canuck Seeds Grandaddy Bruce seeds upfront. Canuck sent replacement seeds. I ended up dropping all and landed on four to transplant. Catching up here. Cheers

GDB, I think I’m bringing up the 420 Canuck Seeds rear due to similar issues. Progressing nicely now. Cheers
I've never gone through a more hellish germination spell than the one I'm going through now.

Seed after seed, failure after failure.

I've had seeds that would not grow a tap root. Many of them I've buried anyway, to no avail. Many of them I've put back into water to re-soak, to no avail.

I've had seeds that grew tap roots, were buried and then failed to come up.

I've had seeds that grew tap roots, were buried, came up and then died.

I recently soaked some more seeds, I each of a L.A. Confidential & Cement Shoes. They were soaked for 36 hours and then placed on wet paper towels yesterday. Neither had a tap root.

So just when I thought I had run the gamut of the ways in which seeds could fail, this morning I found the Cement Shoes looking like this:

Cement blk tail 1-30-24.JPG

A friggin' black tap root!

It's almost as if I'm jinxed.

I swear I could drop a raw egg on the floor and I bet it wouldn't crack! :straightface:

I've never gone through a more hellish germination spell than the one I'm going through now.

I've had seeds that would not grow a tap root. Many of them I've buried anyway, to no avail. Many of them I've put back into water to re-soak, to no avail.

I recently soaked some more seeds, I each of a L.A. Confidential & Cement Shoes. They were soaked for 36 hours and then placed on wet paper towels yesterday. Neither had a tap root.

So just when I thought I had run the gamut of the ways in which seeds could fail, this morning I found the Cement Shoes looking like this:

I swear I could drop a raw egg on the floor and I bet it wouldn't crack! :straightface:
I thought I remembered you dropping a Dr Lecter but then never heard anything. This must be related and would make sense.

No worries it happens, keep soaking beans!🫘

I thought I remembered you dropping a Dr Lecter but then never heard anything. This must be related and would make sense.

No worries it happens, keep soaking beans!🫘
Yep. I documented her pending demise HERE.

Yep. I documented her pending demise HERE.
Ah yes I missed that page!

Had a couple seeds do the same lately. They pop up, just sit there, look overwatered then underwatered then they never grow. I don’t have time for all that so the vigorous ones take their place pretty quick.
Had 2 wizards pop up the other day and they are robust and healthy and just growing like crazy- same soil same lights all that.
Just gotta get over that hump sometimes.

I know you’ll get it going again! Break the cycle!

Sorry to hear of the seed issues, GDB. I've been where you are and it really does suck. Last time this happened to me, I asked Felonious to start them for me and when he did, they were successful. I realize Felonious doesn't know you or where you live so he's probably no help to you but I hope they start sprouting for you soon.

Sorry to hear of the seed issues, GDB. I've been where you are and it really does suck. Last time this happened to me, I asked Felonious to start them for me and when he did, they were successful. I realize Felonious doesn't know you or where you live so he's probably no help to you but I hope they start sprouting for you soon.
Thanks HG. I can send Felonius my address. 🙂

Ah yes I missed that page!

Had a couple seeds do the same lately. They pop up, just sit there, look overwatered then underwatered then they never grow. I don’t have time for all that so the vigorous ones take their place pretty quick.
Had 2 wizards pop up the other day and they are robust and healthy and just growing like crazy- same soil same lights all that.
Just gotta get over that hump sometimes.

I know you’ll get it going again! Break the cycle!
Thanks Justin.

Plop, plop! :Rasta:

I found some of them really tricky to get going and some just wouldn't play ball at all.
Its no reflection of you or any other grower .
Stay positive and good luck on future grows 👍

For the sake of statistics, I dropped two Acapulco Gold Feminized Elite & two Double Chocolate Feminized straight into the soil & had 100% success. Here they are seventy days above ground & ten days post flip…
IMG_4333.jpeg

Highya GDB,

That's always the hardest part of the grow!! At least for me. We have no control over seeds that won't germinate. I always plant extra seeds just for that reason. But, then I germinate once a year and some are regular seeds (male and female), so I have one chance to get enough ladies for next year's stash. I've had good luck with photo periods and bad luck, also. Hopefully your good luck will win out!! Happy Smokin'

Well, we know it's not you...
And that leaves the seeds..
They must be getting too cold or too hot in shipping
it kills some and handicaps the others...
A few bad seeds is acceptable, could just be chance...but all of them?
Nobody's luck is that bad..:straightface:

I had the first seed fail from 'helmet head', but the second was a winner. That was bad enough. I imagine it would be seriously frustrating after multiple failures.
Let's hope the Seed fairy visits you and sprinkles some hash dust around to change your luck 🤞

Iv'e been having the exact same problem lately and so has my friend that grows. very very bad germination rate

Man sorry too hear that GDB Maybe your keeping them to wet or something if your beans are quality.

I Have pretty good success with the Rapid rooters in a a germination tray with a heat mat until they crack maybe shit can the paper towel idea and give that a shot I myself never had any luck with the paper towel method ✌️

Man sorry too hear that GDB Maybe your keeping them to wet or something if your beans are quality.

I Have pretty good success with the Rapid rooters in a a germination tray with a heat mat until they crack maybe shit can the paper towel idea and give that a shot I myself never had any luck with the paper towel method ✌️
The most recent batch I tried were paper-toweled and then placed in rapid rooters, in a germination tray with a humidty dome and on a heat mat.

I've germed seeds before in rapid rooters and peat pucks in trays on heat, and also in soiled-filled solo cups.

Like everyone, I've had a few that would not pop, but never have I had this many seeds from the same shipment fail repeatedly.

The other day I soaked three auto seeds from my collection. I have no intention of growing them all but just wanted to see if I could get tap roots because the seeds are about 4 years old. Each one produced a tap root on paper towels. But these "new" seeds I've been trying for the past month...meh. :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom