Canuk Seeds: GDB Just Canuking Around

The most recent batch I tried were paper-toweled and then placed in rapid rooters, in a germination tray with a humidty dome and on a heat mat.

I've germed seeds before in rapid rooters and peat pucks in trays on heat, and also in soiled-filled solo cups.

Like everyone, I've had a few that would not pop, but never have I had this many seeds from the same shipment fail repeatedly.

The other day I soaked three auto seeds from my collection. I have no intention of growing them all but just wanted to see if I could get tap roots because the seeds are about 4 years old. Each one produced a tap root on paper towels. But these "new" seeds I've been trying for the past month...meh. :straightface:
GROW them all GDB!!

@KeithLemon

IMG20240205151957.jpg

4 yr old seed, soaked for a day, in paper towel 4 days and had 1/4" root, took 3 days to sprout, 4 days later still looked like this, and she got pulled today 😭

these are my own seeds, Cap Junky x my Widow, 6 months old and I have plenty so I tried 3 to test them, 2 days in paper towel, the one on the left replaced the Aurora above this afternoon.

Like everyone, I've had a few that would not pop, but never have I had this many seeds from the same shipment fail repeatedly.
It's very demoralizing and time consuming I found. Onward! :green_heart:

The CJW I selected to plant sprouted in 2 days. I left the remaining 2 seeds in the paper towels as a backup just in case the other didn't sprout and this is what I found. The tap root already has side roots starting.

Hello all and Happy Sunday!

I took a much-needed mental health break from trying to germinate seeds but now I'm back at it.

Unfortunately, it did not take long for things to go south again. :straightface:

My latest attempt consists of five seeds. Cement Shoes & L.A. Confidential from Canuk, Chemdog #4 from Herbies, Californian Snow auto from Fastbuds and the absolute last seed of my beloved Cosmic Lights, from 420NewGuys. The Cosmic Lights is one of my fav strains. I tried to germinate my next-to-last one a few weeks back. It arose from the soil but then never got going and eventually died. So I'm really, really hoping that this last one strikes. The strain has been discontinued and I won't get another shot.

This time around I decided to skip the seed soak and the paper towels. I merely scarified the seeds with a mild sandpaper and placed them in Rapid Rooters. The RRs were placed in a seedling tray (with a dome) and the tray is sitting on a heat mat. RH in the tent is around 80%.

I placed the seeds this past Friday at 10:30 am.

This morning, the Cosmic Lights had broken the surface!

Alas, it was upside down, with the tap root emerging from the plug.
Upside dow CL 2-11-24 (2).JPG

Upside dow CL 2-11-24 (1).JPG

Sometimes even profanity does not fully express the way one feels, but when I saw this I tried mightily to make it as expressive as I could. 😵‍💫

I gently dug the CL out of the plug and stuck her back in, root-first.
Upside dow CL 2-11-24 (3).JPG

Now to watch and wait.

Not even momma said there'd be days like this! 🙄

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and have yourself a wonderful Sunday!

PEACE

I took a much-needed mental health break from trying to germinate seeds but now I'm back at it.

Unfortunately, it did not take long for things to go south again. :straightface:

My latest attempt consists of five seeds. Cement Shoes & L.A. Confidential from Canuk, Chemdog #4 from Herbies, Californian Snow auto from 420NewGuys and the absolute last seed of my beloved Cosmic Lights, also from 420NewGuys. The Cosmic Lights is one of my fav strains. I tried to germinate my next-to-last one a few weeks back. It arose from the soil but then never got going and eventually died. So I'm really, really hoping that this last one strikes. The strain has been discontinued and I won't get another shot.

This time around I decided to skip the seed soak and the paper towels. I merely scarified the seeds with a mild sandpaper and placed them in Rapid Rooters. The RRs were placed in a seedling tray (with a dome) and the tray is sitting on a heat mat. RH in the tent is around 80%.

Sometimes even profanity does not fully express the way one feels, but when I saw this I tried mightily to make it as expressive as I could. 😵‍💫

Now to watch and wait.

PEACE
🤞

My latest attempt consists of five seeds. Cement Shoes & L.A. Confidential from Canuk, Chemdog #4 from Herbies, Californian Snow auto from 420NewGuys and the absolute last seed of my beloved Cosmic Lights, also from 420NewGuys. The Cosmic Lights is one of my fav strains. I tried to germinate my next-to-last one a few weeks back. It arose from the soil but then never got going and eventually died. So I'm really, really hoping that this last one strikes. The strain has been discontinued and I won't get another shot.

Now to watch and wait.

PEACE
Howdy GDB that really sucks! Ive had a few do that to but hang in there i think you just have PTSD! Im sure once you get your head back in it you'll be ok 💪✌️

🤞🤞🤞 For you brother!

I tried plugs for the first time in a recent grow and was looking at the seed like I know your going to do the opposite of what I guess 😂

They say to stretch the hole first which I luckily did. It allowed me to peek inside daily.. as soon as it popped I flipped the seed then left it to do it's thing 👍

Back
Top Bottom