Herbie's Beans - Black Widow And Super Skunk

seaofgreen18

Howdy all, getting ready to start a couple beans from Herbie's,I'm a BIG Barney's farm fan but I thought I'd color outside the lines for a change.
I got this new deep rooting bean starter from Gardner's Supply. It's well constructed and the sites separate in half so there's no need to disturb the roots.

IMG20231118050820.jpg

IMG20231118050838.jpg

IMG20231118050608.jpg

IMG20231118050559.jpg

2 days in, the one on the left is trying,it might need a little assistance it seems to be curled up a bit in the rapid rooter! Maybe I stuck it in there upsidedown 🤣🤣🤣
I have about 2" of Happy frog on the bottom of the cell and about 2 "of coir under the rooter I have deep root cells in the germaninater we do our chickens greens right in our veg /seed area

IMG20231121131836.jpg

IMG20231121135054.jpg

18/6 is my light cycle I go a 6,000k light temperature with a 200w 4 bulb 2' led for popin then switch to the 4' Next light for More of a mixed spectrum to help with stem elongation and girth I think it's 4500k for tempature
I also use lactic acid in my spray bottle from a em fermentation that I do, the lactic acid (1.5 tsp per gallon of water)seems to bring in the ph of the water pretty good!
1000000197.jpg

Howdy all, getting ready to start a couple beans from Herbie's,I'm a BIG Barney's farm fan but I thought I'd color outside the lines for a change.
I got this new deep rooting bean starter from Gardner's Supply. It's well constructed and the sites separate in half so there's no need to disturb the roots.

IMG20231118050820.jpg

IMG20231118050838.jpg

IMG20231118050608.jpg

IMG20231118050559.jpg
I start with the lid on the germination tray but once sprouted I remove the lid because imo the water droplets bend the light as it pass through them and it has a tendency to burn them fragile little leaves that will be breaking out of their shells if The droplets of water sits on them with the light on not to mention it to wet and it brings on a whole nother set of issues!

I got to say I got a northern lights bean well, I got 3 in a bag of 🌲 bud I got from a friend in 1995 and 1 out of the 3 started and when it popped , HOLY CRAP,😳😳😳😳 , the stem was as thick as a#2 pencil and the leaves came out , ......No shit almost hand size about a 1/4" off the soil surface 4 of them I knew I had a GOOD one!
I kept that same plant as a mother for 15 years it always produced the best clones even after all that time I eventually fucked something up and killed it 😪
That was a sad day for me !!!
I gave the ulagy and was a Paul bearer and laid the poor girl to rest in a Club rice paper! So anyways it's her anniversary and I wanted to share that with you All.
And thank you for listening

It was a good one!!
i flowered her twice at the end i flowered her inside in the winter under ny basement stairs with this old factory sodium light FUCKING THING noisy and heavy then I stuck it outdoors in the spring and let it grow All summer treated it for pests and disease then cut clones at the end of that summer i harvested close to 2.5 lbs. On that one plant it was HUGE i had to cut the stalk with my chainsaw 😂😂 and the Roots were a mile long but ,cut hung,and bagged almost 2.5 lbs.
I used the old Indian tactic in gardening i buried red tail suckers from when I went fishing and compost from the farmer down the road and watered it every day with the sprinkler

Back
Top Bottom