Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue

Here's a closeup of the first Glue I put into bloom. I experiemented and fed her way too much ammonium briefly at the start of week 4 and cooked about 80% of the fan leaves. Perhaps the experiement was successful in pushing out more trics than normal. I'll know more after a few more chops of this strain and this pheno as I am growing 2 ATM. This is 47 days and I want to start flush soon but I'm hoping to see more swelling before I begin flush.

GG47.jpg

Frosty!

Here's a closeup of the first Glue I put into bloom. I experiemented and fed her way too much ammonium briefly at the start of week 4 and cooked about 80% of the fan leaves. Perhaps the experiement was successful in pushing out more trics than normal. I'll know more after a few more chops of this strain and this pheno as I am growing 2 ATM. This is 47 days and I want to start flush soon but I'm hoping to see more swelling before I begin flush.

GG47.jpg

Wow! I wish I had these kind of results!

Wow! I wish I had these kind of results!

This was some trick photography as that is from the lightest harvest I ever had. Granted, it's 100% my fault for such a loss, still such a light chop will hurt the bottom line's feelings, lol.

Been reading through your journals for months. As soon as the bottled liquid nutrients are gone I am switching over to your method of mixing. Been working with hydro buddy trying to get it all figured out before the move over.
Your results are amazing and you’ve made me change the way I think about growing.

Been reading through your journals for months. As soon as the bottled liquid nutrients are gone I am switching over to your method of mixing. Been working with hydro buddy trying to get it all figured out before the move over.
Your results are amazing and you’ve made me change the way I think about growing.

Thanks man! You won't regret it the slightest, just make sure to also get the sodium benzoate to preserve your micro blend as the organic chelators will go bad if not preserved. Other than that, I greatly enjoy having FULL control of each and every single element in the drink.

In case you missed the convo in my Triple Cheese journal this morning, I went through my bad experiences with being a little too frisky with ammonium content in my nitrogen sources. Megacrop's 5% of N is a good benchmark for using ammonium. I began at 10% and that was too much, and that's the hard lesson I learned, but I'm confident I have corrected this miscalculation in my regimens and when my next 2 plants are harvested, I believe all harvests afterwards will be in the sweet spot again.

foliar sprays built around fish hydrolysate is also another arrow in the quiver, so put Neptune's Harvest on the wish list.

Neptune's Harvest.JPG

Greetings skybound! Things are looking good, even after some sacrifices for science! I’m in for the grand finale if you don’t mind. I’m almost 4 weeks into flowering my own GG4 grow, it’s like our girls are cousins! :high-five::ganjamon:

I'd like to think so, though my GG may or may not be a #4. IDK how to determine, but if left only to the name, Herbies Bulk has mine listed as just Gorilla Glue. So IDK if this is a recreation of the original GG, or is an actual descendant? My sciencey curiosity cost me dearly for that first chop of the GG, and it only yielded me 5 ounces which was the worst I've ever chopped, so I put it right out there. All the peeps are raving about it though so I can't wait to take the next one in a week from now. I'm still smoking the last of my PC, so didn't try any yet. I can't wait though.

I'd like to think so, though my GG may or may not be a #4. IDK how to determine, but if left only to the name, Herbies Bulk has mine listed as just Gorilla Glue. So IDK if this is a recreation of the original GG, or is an actual descendant? My sciencey curiosity cost me dearly for that first chop of the GG, and it only yielded me 5 ounces which was the worst I've ever chopped, so I put it right out there. All the peeps are raving about it though so I can't wait to take the next one in a week from now. I'm still smoking the last of my PC, so didn't try any yet. I can't wait though.
Couldn’t tell you if mine is the true #4 either honestly...though it does say 4 on the website, and you can ALWAYS trust what you read online ;) I dig the attempts to understand nutritional consumption though, I’m going to read through your journals in the next few days. :ganjamon:

Bob do you do anything that can be construed as a cat drench? I know Conrad does, though IDK if he has his own or if he's using Doc's drench for that.

I do foilers with my IPM. Only Water in the pots.

My thing mainly with growing organically to get better trichome production is up the plant metabolism with PGRs.

All foilered on:
Kelp Tea home made
Coconut water with aloe
Pro-tekt
Ful-power

In the soil at up-pot I add in some:

Malted Barley - enzymes in spades + chitin
Malted Corn - PGRs + enzymes + chitin
Malted Buckwheat - enzymes, amino acids and chitin

These last 3 I add about a cup to a cubic foot of soil at mix and amend at up pot.

"Enzymes are the catalyst, fulvic acid is the catalyst to the catalyst."

These are what I add to my plants other than water.

Of course my soil is dialed in and tested at a lab.

I run a super high CEC and also 5:1 Ca to Mg ratio.

and have LOTS of soil organic matter.

Soil pH over time has gone from 5.8pH in 2016 to 7.0pH just a few weeks ago tested in a lab. I do nothing to adjust soil pH. I prefer it somewhat acidic but my plants have made the adjustment for me looks like.

I don't test for high brix. I have automated watering so I would expect to have low brix due to the amount of water they uptake but I dont know for sure.

I think the quick shift in soil ph is stressful event that triggers the defensive response. I've read that chitin also triggers the defensive response, though I presume the latter to be a constant thing where the drench is more like a one and done kind of event. I have frass for making tea to get the chitin, but I'm thinking it might also be helpful to top dress it a few days before the desired triggering to get more chitin over time than just a quick burst from a tea. I'll definitely screw around with making a Cat drench too. Finally, I've had my eye on getting some Methyl Jasmonate as that is the PGR that triggers the defensive response. How awesome would it be to spray where you want trics to grow?

Kelp tea made from kelp meal (not the liquid or the granules) has PGRs in spades. One reason I use it weekly.

Brix growers like to foiler on P weekly as well I think. I have plenty in my soil along with C.

Considering the contents of the Brix spray, it's main ingredient is fish hydrolysate which is stabilized with phosphoric acid (P). I use that about once a week, maybe a bit longer between applications. My plants seem to love it. I add 5ppm of triacontanol to every other spray. When using PGRs, I want to use them individually in concentrated form.

Kelp tea made from kelp meal (not the liquid or the granules) has PGRs in spades. One reason I use it weekly.

Brix growers like to foiler on P weekly as well I think. I have plenty in my soil along with C.
Remember a product called BushMasters?????? From the Emerald Triangle. I love the product... But now it's listed for ornamentals only.. Shit worked great... Some of the best plants I ever grew as far as yield per plant... Short and Stacked tight and totally.. Was a PGR's made from seaweed.. I still got a bottle but I stopped using when they pulled from the shelves and had to relabel... I was only using 3 mills per gallon once as a drench at outset...

Has about the same shit as Nitrozime and ALOT of other PGR's.. Made from the same seaweed. So kelp does have properties that will help keep plants abit shorter... Something Mister BBrown can use alot of the time.... JK Not.........

Back
Top Bottom