Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

The video you shared is the one I watched. Basic summary is there's no measurable difference between flushed for 2 weeks and not. Even the blind taste test came back inconclusive. Literally the only thing I could take from this is that flushing saves money. I'd be happy for you to tell me I'm wrong though Mr shed
I am surprised that you took from this study specifically that you shouldn't flush though shed.
I think you misread my signature Moon. It says you can't flush nutrients from the buds, which is the #1 reason folks ask when they should start flushing.

I always say flush or don't but it won't get rid of "nute taste" from the harvest.

Also, the tests that are run on the buds are to test the remaining nutrients in the flowers after harvest having nothing to do with terpenes. That's a different test not part of the experiment.
I'm going to invest in another dehumidifier and I'll be able to vent outside soon.
Why would you dehumidify the air and then send it outside? Recycle that dry air and it gets easier to dry next time through the dehuey, no?

Sorry. But I just can't buy it. Have you had tests done to test that correlation? I don't have a lot of crops under my belt. So I'm not as familiar with this concept of measuring potency of cannabinoids. But this just seems a little far fetched to me.
I didn't come up with the 30% that's the numbers given on herbies website. 30% isn't so crazy these days. For them to have a percentage they have usually been tested by an independent scientific tester. All weed sold in USA needs to be tested to get a general idea of strength for tax reasons etc so testing THC content is hardly a new thing?
So you have plenty of room to boost the temps and be able to drop the RH. Need to use the right kind of heater though.
Ill stick the radiator in the room on. Maybe help the general temps.
If all of them are staying around the same, you could be fighting a losing battle by trying to control the RH of the air your bringing in. Kind of what Shed was mentioning. Are they all the same brand/model? If so, grab a new one and compare the numbers.
I've got 3 different meters all different manufacturers etc. I dunno how accurate they are. They are the same as all the ones I see everyone else has.
I think you misread my signature Moon. It says you can't flush nutrients from the buds, which is the #1 reason folks ask when they should start flushing.

I always say flush or don't but it won't get rid of "nute taste" from the harvest.
Ah good point lol. Well I'll keep doing what I was doing as if nothing else it saves me money lol.
Also, the tests that are run on the buds are to test the remaining nutrients in the flowers after harvest having nothing to do with terpenes. That's a different test not part of the experiment.
Would be interesting to see the results of that test though.
Why would you dehumidify the air and then send it outside? Recycle that dry air and it gets easier to dry next time through the dehuey, no?
Well usually the air coming out of my tents is moist. But due to the cold air outside I can't just pump it out the window. I'd have a full window full of condensation and mist/fog coming out of the open window. I live in a flat. A downstairs apartment. I can't vent upstairs I can't vent down. I have 2 choices the window or the inside of the apartment. So ATM I'm pulling cool dry air into the tents from the window area then I pump out ontop of the tents towards the door into the room. There are certainly better ways to do it. For 1 if I had actual intakes rather than just out and having to use air pressure to pull from the window. 2 if I could vent to another floor etc. 3 if I had a air conditioner/dehumidifier unit which was more powerful. But I have non of these things.

It's cold air outside. So yeah it should definitely be less humid. I've put the dehumidifier in the tent it's the only thing I can do. I've tried moving the unit to measure and it doesn't change. By hardly anything. Its a single room I can't vent or intake from anywhere other than the window. I can't go up or down so it's the window and that's it. I have a dehumidifier which is supposed to be for a room which is 25 meter and removes 10 litres a day from the air. I cant physically do anymore to lower the humidity. I don't know how else I can phrase this really. I know you guys are trying to help. But trust me when I say I live with this every day and the stress is on my mind 24 hours a day. One of the reasons I can't sleep is exactly this. I'm awake now at 3 am I have every single window and the front door open in my property it's 10 degrees Celsius indoors right now and I'm sat wearing full clothes and dressing gown in a desperate attempt to get rid of the humid air. When I say I can't do anything I truly mean it. Unless you guys fancy throwing me 500 bucks for another dehumidifier this is the best I can do right now.
You could try droughting the plants for like 11 days. That would lower the humidity.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Moon, I couldn't resist!!! Lol!!! Love you buddy!!

You could try droughting the plants for like 11 days. That would lower the humidity.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Moon, I couldn't resist!!! Lol!!! Love you buddy!!
Haha you joke but I think changing my watering to daily small amounts is probably the only thing I haven't tried. ATM I'm giving them 6 litres each every 2 days maybe if I went to 3 every day would this help? Im unsure because it would mean more top water on the medium in their pots so evaporate. Ugh I think it all comes down to me needing another dehumidifier. 3 weeks that's all I have to last. If I can keep below 55% it should keep the bud rot at bay. Above 60% is worrying though :(

Haha you joke but I think changing my watering to daily small amounts is probably the only thing I haven't tried. ATM I'm giving them 6 litres each every 2 days maybe if I went to 3 every day would this help? Im unsure because it would mean more top water on the medium in their pots so evaporate. Ugh I think it all comes down to me needing another dehumidifier. 3 weeks that's all I have to last. If I can keep below 55% it should keep the bud rot at bay. Above 60% is worrying though :(
I think that is a great idea. I've found with coco that even though you're *supposed* to keep the medium wet at all times, it doesn't hurt at all, and may even help, to let even coco dry out between waterings, at least once in a while. Roots need straight air sometimes. If you have water in the bottom and the top is a bit dry or even the top half of the pots, let it go for an extra day and see how it goes. Betcha it helps.

I think that is a great idea. I've found with coco that even though you're *supposed* to keep the medium wet at all times, it doesn't hurt at all, and may even help, to let even coco dry out between waterings, at least once in a while. Roots need straight air sometimes. If you have water in the bottom and the top is a bit dry or even the top half of the pots, let it go for an extra day and see how it goes. Betcha it helps.
I think I needed to get the general temps up. ATM dos-si-dos tent is 28-29 so just at the very top end. But the humidity is now at 40% with the lights on. All I did was turn the radiator in the grow room back on for a hour. Seems like it's helped. I'll limp this crop to the end :) I'll give it a try with less watering. Tbh I'm surprised how thirsty they still are. I'm on day 1 of week 7. Usually see a slow down by now but they seem to wanna keep packing on the weight lol.

I think I needed to get the general temps up. ATM dos-si-dos tent is 28-29 so just at the very top end. But the humidity is now at 40% with the lights on. All I did was turn the radiator in the grow room back on for a hour. Seems like it's helped. I'll limp this crop to the end :) I'll give it a try with less watering. Tbh I'm surprised how thirsty they still are. I'm on day 1 of week 7. Usually see a slow down by now but they seem to wanna keep packing on the weight lol.
Well, hell man, if you got the Rh down to 40% you're golden. At this point in flower that's about where you want it. And yes, I see they keep packing on the weight. I found the same to be true with mine, both the harvested autos and especially the coco photo now in the tent. Mine is the sativa for sure, and her buds keep growing longer, like sativa buds do. Versus fatter and rounder like the indica buds on the Blueberry for example. I see yours following the same growth pattern, approximately. The strain gets so dense, you'll see. And yes, finally, 29 C is almost 85 F. 85 is the cutoff for sure, cuz if you have higher leaf temps than that the plant ceases to be able to transpire and absorb correctly. Try to not go any higher than you are. Got another fan anywhere lying around? I'd put every one I have in play and get as much of the air moving as you possibly can, even above and below the plants if possible. That'll help big time too. Other than all that crap, I'm out of game. But we see you working your ass off on behalf of your gorgeous girls, and that's what it's all about my man. You got this.

I'm doing everything I can. I've got my fans on 24 hours one the canopy and underneath. I've got the extractor on too. I think my problem is because I'm running without an intake in both tents. I have the dehumidifier outside the tents on all the time I've got the window open to keep the air fresh. But my only option ATM is to vent into the room. And intake from the window or in the room as well. Temp wise I'm fine but humidity is always an issue. If I can keep it at this level I should be ok. I don't have any extreme temp drops so there's no condensation issues and so far the buds are looking very good. But there is literally nothing else I can do.
Yeah, I just got an intake and filter the last 3-4 weeks. I got a good deal on one with a speed controller for cheap. It really allowed me to dial in my humidity appropriately. I was surprised that but should have expected there is a reason professionals have one. I can now dial in my humidity per any VPD chart with just a small fan and the small intake.

Yeah, I just got an intake and filter the last 3-4 weeks. I got a good deal on one with a speed controller for cheap. It really allowed me to dial in my humidity appropriately. I was surprised that but should have expected there is a reason professionals have one. I can now dial in my humidity per any VPD chart with just a small fan and the small intake.
Yeah I'm guessing that's the issue. I have put ducting in both tents so act as an intake so I can drag the air from the window. But the tents have been put under some serious strain because of it. Next run in my 5x5 I'll be using both. I've learned alot this time of what I can and can't do. Ive never done a 2 tent run before so wasn't sure how it would go. Now I've got 3 tents in the room haha although one is just germination and seedlings so creates basically no heat etc.

Either way next run will be much better. And I'll be dealing with the ventilation haha.

Ok last time I'm going to mention humidity. Both tents ATM are doing good.

Dos-si-dos tent 39%!
Grandmommy Purple and Mimosa shot are at 43%!

Dehumidifier is in the grandmommy purple tent with the lights off.

If I can stay at this level I'll be great :)

Update part 1. Dos-si-dos OG Tent. Day 43

God damn are these girls pretty. The smell is getting really intense now. It's mouthwatering! After all the issues with humidity I've solved it. Seems I needed to raise the temp of the actual grow room and the tents a little. Seems that the perfect 22-25 was great but with the outside tents being 17 degrees Celsius and inside being 8 degrees higher it was causing humidity with the air temp differences. So I've started putting the radiator on in the room for 1 hour in morning one during the day. This seems to have sorted the issue out wonderfully! Currently 44% in dos-si-dos tent and 47% in the grandmommy purple and mimosa tent which has lights off. It's a great weight lifted.

This has raised the temps a little. Sitting at 27-29. Which is a touch high. But much better than lower with 20% higher humidity! Hehe.

Ok onto the plants!

IMG_20220203_140033.jpg
IMG_20220203_140043.jpg

So many tops so many big buds!

IMG_20220203_140054.jpg
IMG_20220203_140142.jpg

Both these buds above are from the same plant. (Back right) it has wonderful "classic" structure and it's really photogenic. The buds are stacked and frosty. :)
IMG_20220203_140153.jpg

IMG_20220203_140247_1.jpg

I can't wait to get these ladies in my lungs!! Hehe 3 weeks for them to mature and grow. Will be going into darkness in 20 days then cropped 2 days after.

Update part 1. Dos-si-dos OG Tent. Day 43

God damn are these girls pretty. The smell is getting really intense now. It's mouthwatering! After all the issues with humidity I've solved it. Seems I needed to raise the temp of the actual grow room and the tents a little. Seems that the perfect 22-25 was great but with the outside tents being 17 degrees Celsius and inside being 8 degrees higher it was causing humidity with the air temp differences. So I've started putting the radiator on in the room for 1 hour in morning one during the day. This seems to have sorted the issue out wonderfully! Currently 44% in dos-si-dos tent and 47% in the grandmommy purple and mimosa tent which has lights off. It's a great weight lifted.

This has raised the temps a little. Sitting at 27-29. Which is a touch high. But much better than lower with 20% higher humidity! Hehe.

Ok onto the plants!

IMG_20220203_140033.jpg
IMG_20220203_140043.jpg

So many tops so many big buds!

IMG_20220203_140054.jpg
IMG_20220203_140142.jpg

Both these buds above are from the same plant. (Back right) it has wonderful "classic" structure and it's really photogenic. The buds are stacked and frosty. :)
IMG_20220203_140153.jpg

IMG_20220203_140247_1.jpg

I can't wait to get these ladies in my lungs!! Hehe 3 weeks for them to mature and grow. Will be going into darkness in 20 days then cropped 2 days after.
DAMN, killer buds, Moon. SUPER frosty. BIG. I love it. Great job. And you want some of my weed? I'll trade you any day of the week! Heh.

DAMN, killer buds, Moon. SUPER frosty. BIG. I love it. Great job. And you want some of my weed? I'll trade you any day of the week! Heh.
Thanks Jon! Hehe times are hard dude. I'm struggling to get bud to get me through till harvest :( it's the draught before the flood lol.

Thanks Jon! Hehe times are hard dude. I'm struggling to get bud to get me through till harvest :( it's the draught before the flood lol.
I heard this here in the forum first time in my life somehow, but it's appropriate and hilarious.

You're dankrupt.

:laugh::(

Update part 2. Grandmommy Purple and Mimosa Shot Tent.

I did some much needed maintenance in here. Did my best to thin things out and ties a few branches to the netting so they all have a bit more space. There a hell of alot of bud in here lol.

Im 99% sure they will need longer than the dos-si-dos OG. I'm planning for a ten week on this tent and 9 on the other. Plus this will make harvest easier too :). I'm after couch lock with my smoke so I don't mind running a little longer if anything.

IMG_20220204_115018.jpg

I can't stand far enough back to get the full canopy in haha

IMG_20220204_115030_1.jpg

The mimosa shot above is really coming along well. Smell is so potent now :) and frosty as hell!

IMG_20220204_115041_1.jpg

As you can see from the above pic the weight is definitely packing on. Even with the netting they are toppling haha.

IMG_20220204_115154_1.jpg

A nice close up of the Mimosa Shot. Such a pretty plant and very resinous :)

IMG_20220204_115216.jpg

The grandmommy purple is just as beautiful and frosty. Can't wait to try them both.

Thanks again @Herbies Seeds for these wonderful strains :)

Back
Top Bottom