Godzilla Cookies Auto Sponsored By Herbies Seeds & Bestva LED Pro4000

Hey man. I always appreciate the honesty. Thanks for coming in and checking things out. I appreciate the insight and wisdom.

I was thinking the same thing as you the other day. It was a lot of energy (physical and electrical), time, and wasted space on this one.

One thing that wasn't wasted...experience. I quickly snapped out of the mindset to chop. They still have a purpose left. They have given me their best despite my errors as a cultivator. They have been trying to give me their blessing of medicine. If I get a single nugget of love from these plants, then I will graciously accept and enjoy it. It is a mindset of life and the plants ultimate purpose for me.

We just see things differently. Nothing wrong with your philosophy. I do understand completely where you are coming from. To a large extent, I agree with you. I just made the decision already to not give up on them.

Regarding spraying in flower...again...not a concern to me at this stage. I will be washing regardless and there will be no residual oils by the time I harvest.

Blessings!
Fair enough dude I respect your decision either way :)

Vrrrrroooooooommmm...drive by update...

#2 - McStretchy Pants showing off the highwaters

@BESTVA LED ! Thank you for your support on this sponsored journal. Only a couple weeks left in this grow! The one consistent in this entire grow has been the lights! Thank you again for the opportunity to test out the Pro4000 and being a sponsor of this site.

Vrrrrroooooooommmm...drive by update...

#2 - McStretchy Pants showing off the highwaters

@BESTVA LED ! Thank you for your support on this sponsored journal. Only a couple weeks left in this grow! The one consistent in this entire grow has been the lights! Thank you again for the opportunity to test out the Pro4000 and being a sponsor of this site.

I was scrolling through my notifications, and when the one for this post whizzed by it looked like it said "Godzilla Baked Cookies"

:rofl:

Hey man. I always appreciate the honesty. Thanks for coming in and checking things out. I appreciate the insight and wisdom.

I was thinking the same thing as you the other day. It was a lot of energy (physical and electrical), time, and wasted space on this one.

One thing that wasn't wasted...experience. I quickly snapped out of the mindset to chop. They still have a purpose left. They have given me their best despite my errors as a cultivator. They have been trying to give me their blessing of medicine. If I get a single nugget of love from these plants, then I will graciously accept and enjoy it. It is a mindset of life and the plants ultimate purpose for me.

We just see things differently. Nothing wrong with your philosophy. I do understand completely where you are coming from. To a large extent, I agree with you. I just made the decision already to not give up on them.

Regarding spraying in flower...again...not a concern to me at this stage. I will be washing regardless and there will be no residual oils by the time I harvest.

Blessings!
You know I would still have them, too. Not about the yield or the size. It's about the learning and the growth and the ability to find patience and purpose through your grow. It's the grow that you love and I feel that. It's the heart and the time and the love and dedication and I see that. It's the seeing them finish out what they started, no matter how small the harvest. It's about appreciating that little harvest and embracing the medicine in those few nugs. It's looking back on the whole experience and saying, "Wow, look how much we grew together".

I love that. Makes my heart full.

Yup no matter what they are still living things in this world :green_heart:
That energy comes back to you over and over again. I'm convinced of it. Ending a living life can't be good for juju or good energies...

You know I would still have them, too. Not about the yield or the size. It's about the learning and the growth and the ability to find patience and purpose through your grow. It's the grow that you love and I feel that. It's the heart and the time and the love and dedication and I see that. It's the seeing them finish out what they started, no matter how small the harvest. It's about appreciating that little harvest and embracing the medicine in those few nugs. It's looking back on the whole experience and saying, "Wow, look how much we grew together".

I love that. Makes my heart full.
Yaaaaassssss!!! To all of this! Is that the correct way of typing an overly dramatic straight guy that agrees with you wholeheartedly and wholesouledly...that a word?! Cause it is now!
Yup no matter what they are still living things in this world :green_heart:
Amen! I agree. If I were to have chucked them or say I have too many males or no space, it would be going straight into my worm bin. No waste! That's the goal! The plant would still serve its purpose as it would have in nature.
That energy comes back to you over and over again. I'm convinced of it. Ending a living life can't be good for juju or good energies...
Absolutely! Unless it's thrips. Or spider mites. Or MotherF*ING caterpillars!

I'm going to be a murdering ass fool in the outdoor garden this year. Anything that even looks like a cabbage moths is going to get sniped off this planet!

Oops...sorry. yes...no killing!!!

Yaaaaassssss!!! To all of this! Is that the correct way of typing an overly dramatic straight guy that agrees with you wholeheartedly and wholesouledly...that a word?! Cause it is now!

It is totally straight and totally perfect
Amen! I agree. If I were to have chucked them or say I have too many males or no space, it would be going straight into my worm bin. No waste! That's the goal! The plant would still serve its purpose as it would have in nature.

Yes!!!!! Or yaaaaaaaaaasssssss!!!

Oh well yea...bad bugs BAD!! DIE!! SMASH! SMOOSH! SPLAT! I know you dig my onomatopoeias
I'm going to be a murdering ass fool in the outdoor garden this year. Anything that even looks like a cabbage moths is going to get sniped off this planet!

Damn bugs! Get em!!! Spray em! Kill em!

Exactly much respect brother !!!

Ya know I do kinda understand the whole it's alive so must survive thing. But I adopted more of a farmer's view on growing.

Like the naming thing. A farmer doesn't name his animals. Why would you name something which you plan to violently murder and chop up. Dry then preserve.

Cattle/crops aren't pets. You don't get a cat to fatten it up then slit it's throat. That's the reason a farmer doesn't treat his cattle the same as he treats his dog.

I treat my weed the same.

A farmer wouldn't keep a whole field going to keep 2 small plants alive. Because of the cost and time and wasted effort. Also imagine naming a field of plants haha.

So yeah. My way may seem a bit heartless. But I match my ways to the ways farmers have done since the beginnings of humanity. I consider this natural. And no one would ever say a farmer doesn't care for their crops or animals. It's their livelihood.

It's about being practical and realistic.

However I do appreciate the more Druidic ways of growing. I don't see any evidence of the plants being better because people talk or sing to them. But I do see evidence of the PERSON feeling better from being around their plants and personification of them.

I've pulled 8 plants at week 4 before now haha. 6ft by 6ft filled. But it wasn't producing. So it's either 6 weeks of 1800 watt of just lighting nevermind fans etc. Plus food to make a 50 litre tank every 2 days. The cost of that grow to only get 1 Oz a plant would have crippled me and my friend. Sometimes you have to be practical it all depends on your space, time and bank balance.

Ya know I do kinda understand the whole it's alive so must survive thing. But I adopted more of a farmer's view on growing.

Like the naming thing. A farmer doesn't name his animals. Why would you name something which you plan to violently murder and chop up. Dry then preserve.

Cattle/crops aren't pets. You don't get a cat to fatten it up then slit it's throat. That's the reason a farmer doesn't treat his cattle the same as he treats his dog.

I treat my weed the same.

A farmer wouldn't keep a whole field going to keep 2 small plants alive. Because of the cost and time and wasted effort. Also imagine naming a field of plants haha.

So yeah. My way may seem a bit heartless. But I match my ways to the ways farmers have done since the beginnings of humanity. I consider this natural. And no one would ever say a farmer doesn't care for their crops or animals. It's their livelihood.

It's about being practical and realistic.

However I do appreciate the more Druidic ways of growing. I don't see any evidence of the plants being better because people talk or sing to them. But I do see evidence of the PERSON feeling better from being around their plants and personification of them.
But my friend, Moon. We aren't farming, we are growing. This isn't about the amount of the harvest or the weight of the pig before he gets sliced up...it's about the journey. I think that's where the misconception comes from...this isn't our way of sustaining ourselves it is just our way of life

But I adopted more of a farmer's view on growing.
That's an understandable perspective. I respect that very much. Just for some background...I live in a valley known by many as the Salad Bowl of the World. I have grown up around the ag industry my entire life.
A farmer wouldn't keep a whole field going to keep 2 small plants alive. Because of the cost and time and wasted effort.
You are absolutely correct. If a field is nor performing, it is culled, tilled, reamended (if needed), and re-seeded/re-transplanted within a week. It costs less to start over.

I'm not farming. I'm not tied down to the expectations of a harvest or be in debt or over promise and have something go wrong. I don't have to have that type of anxiety in my life or surrounding my grow. That's not why I am growing. You are growing with a different goal in mind. This is where our philosophy about growing is different. If I was in a position to grow more weight and have an outlet for selling, sure I would consider it and it would change my grow goals. Of course, I would have to make adjustments to my style and decision making.

I don't think anyone here viewed you as heartless BTW. Just a different decision making process due to circumstances.

But my friend, Moon. We aren't farming, we are growing. This isn't about the amount of the harvest or the weight of the pig before he gets sliced up...it's about the journey. I think that's where the misconception comes from...this isn't our way of sustaining ourselves it is just our way of life
I had to get that mentality. I was spending around £700 or $1000 a monthto support my smoking! Lol. It just means I can put a number on things that's all.
That's an understandable perspective. I respect that very much. Just for some background...I live in a valley known by many as the Salad Bowl of the World. I have grown up around the ag industry my entire life.

You are absolutely correct. If a field is nor performing, it is culled, tilled, reamended (if needed), and re-seeded/re-transplanted within a week. It costs less to start over.
I'm not farming. I'm not tied down to the expectations of a harvest or be in debt or over promise and have something go wrong. I don't have to have that type of anxiety in my life or surrounding my grow. That's not why I am growing. You are growing with a different goal in mind. This is where our philosophy about growing is different. If I was in a position to grow more weight and have an outlet for selling, sure I would consider it and it would change my grow goals. Of course, I would have to make adjustments to my style and decision making.
I should say I don't have any outlet really. I've just got friends who will shout at me if I dont hook them up if I do some nice smoke lol.
I don't think anyone here viewed you as heartless BTW. Just a different decision making process due to circumstances.
I did say I understand how you guys do it :) my mum was like this with her plants. She treats them like they're her kids haha.

Hey Rea :)

I just want to let you know my eyeballs appreciate your photography so much :)

Your pictures are always so beautiful to look at :)
Awwww!!! Thanks T! I appreciate that. I try my best to keep it consistent and the same settings in and out and back into here. Hope you have a wonderful day. Sending you a hug or fist bump to start your day...or start my day. Wait, are you ahead or behind? I'm confused. Can I call in sick based on confusion of time zones? Because that sounds like a legitimate damn reason to me.

"Look boss...I'm confused as shit about the world's time zones and some rando Queenslander is giving me shit about my photography. Can I have a paid mental day off please to chill with my weed plants all day? I SAID PLEASE DAMMIT!"

Why does my subconscious sound like he's 15? Have I never grown up?!

Back
Top Bottom