Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

Ok much needed update time!!!!

First up we have the mimosa shot and grandmommy purple tent!

The girls are seriously packing on the resin and weight now. They have 3-4 weeks left (thinking I'm going to run them 10 week rather than the suggested 9 just going from what I can see)

The smell is very strong. Filter is working it's ass off haha! Thankfully all working well though but damn the strong sweet berries off the grandmommy purple and the sweet sour almost fizzy smell of the mimosa is sure hitting you in the face when I open the tent hehe.

IMG_20220131_094232.jpg
IMG_20220131_094241.jpg
IMG_20220131_094254_1.jpg
IMG_20220131_094324.jpg

Now for the beautiful dos-si-dos OG tent. I definitely have 3 different phenos but all are exciting in their own way!
IMG_20220131_150427.jpg
IMG_20220131_150455_1.jpg

Pheno 1 back left. Has the wide Christmas tree style colas we all recognise :)
IMG_20220131_150504.jpg

Pheno 2. Has a crazy bud structure. Definitely the heaviest and just keeps popping new buds ontop of the main bud.
IMG_20220131_150518.jpg

The 3rd pheno is very exciting. Not as big as the others but the resin level is honestly some of the highest Ive seen! This strain can reach 28-30% THC and this plant at the back right looks like it could be that high.
Unfortunately it's hard to get a good photo due to its location. I'll try grab one just before the lights come on later today :)

IMG_20220131_150554.jpg

This is the 4tb plant. I think it's the same pheno as number 2. Has a similar structure and the buds are popping out ontop of the original. As you can see they are all covered in resin and will be some strong bud.

Smell is a citrus earth smell at the front but on the exhale you get a caramel back note in the back of your nose. I just hope all my plants bring their awesome smells to their taste :) not long now I'm thinking the dos-si-dos OG will run 9 week so only 3 weeks to go!.

Both tents have started to have a bit more reduced levels of nutrients now. Similar to beginning of flower. I'll wind it down week by week until I do the final flush.

Glad to be back everyone!

Shout out again to @Herbies Seeds for these amazing strains and partnering with me :)

Ok much needed update time!!!!

First up we have the mimosa shot and grandmommy purple tent!

The girls are seriously packing on the resin and weight now. They have 3-4 weeks left (thinking I'm going to run them 10 week rather than the suggested 9 just going from what I can see)

The smell is very strong. Filter is working it's ass off haha! Thankfully all working well though but damn the strong sweet berries off the grandmommy purple and the sweet sour almost fizzy smell of the mimosa is sure hitting you in the face when I open the tent hehe.

IMG_20220131_094232.jpg
IMG_20220131_094241.jpg
IMG_20220131_094254_1.jpg
IMG_20220131_094324.jpg

Now for the beautiful dos-si-dos OG tent. I definitely have 3 different phenos but all are exciting in their own way!
IMG_20220131_150427.jpg
IMG_20220131_150455_1.jpg

Pheno 1 back left. Has the wide Christmas tree style colas we all recognise :)
IMG_20220131_150504.jpg

Pheno 2. Has a crazy bud structure. Definitely the heaviest and just keeps popping new buds ontop of the main bud.
IMG_20220131_150518.jpg

The 3rd pheno is very exciting. Not as big as the others but the resin level is honestly some of the highest Ive seen! This strain can reach 28-30% THC and this plant at the back right looks like it could be that high.
Unfortunately it's hard to get a good photo due to its location. I'll try grab one just before the lights come on later today :)

IMG_20220131_150554.jpg

This is the 4tb plant. I think it's the same pheno as number 2. Has a similar structure and the buds are popping out ontop of the original. As you can see they are all covered in resin and will be some strong bud.

Smell is a citrus earth smell at the front but on the exhale you get a caramel back note in the back of your nose. I just hope all my plants bring their awesome smells to their taste :) not long now I'm thinking the dos-si-dos OG will run 9 week so only 3 weeks to go!.

Both tents have started to have a bit more reduced levels of nutrients now. Similar to beginning of flower. I'll wind it down week by week until I do the final flush.

Glad to be back everyone!

Shout out again to @Herbies Seeds for these amazing strains and partnering with me :)
Awesome. Yeah, that's exactly what my indica pheno DSD did - just kept getting bigger and rounder on top. And all over. Yours are getting FAT. Sweet. Great job.

Awesome. Yeah, that's exactly what my indica pheno DSD did - just kept getting bigger and rounder on top. And all over. Yours are getting FAT. Sweet. Great job.
Thank you Mr Jon!! I'm starting to get really excited hehe. I'm keeping humidity levels under 60% at all times. Most of the time I'm around 50%. It's the best I can do there's just so much resin my dehumidifier is on 24/7 lol.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I can keep them going for 3 more week lol.

My only worry at this stage is budrot. Im watching every bud I can like a hawk daily for Hermies but my environment is fairly stable and I keep the light off the girls when they sleep so should be fine on that front. My anxiety doing its thing as usual I'm sure lol I'm so close though I can taste it hehe. Both tents are on day 41 since flip. I'm thinking the dos-si-dos will be a 9 week the other tent a 10. But I'll be watching the trichomes and buds for ripening for the next 3 week :).

I'm still feeding them at decent levels as they are still very thirsty. I gave them a break on the last feed and only used molasses. I'll be feeding them again today it's been 2 days and they are already dry! I'm on the same sort of levels as I was at week 2 of flower to give an idea of what they are taking ATM. They are still responding really well to everything I give them. I'll be giving molasses and water only from week 8-crop I have been researching the no flush idea. It seems legit but I also noted that there isn't any difference between the weed which was and wasn't flushed. So if nothing else I learned I can save 1 week - 2 week of food if nothing else hehe.

Thank you Mr Jon!! I'm starting to get really excited hehe. I'm keeping humidity levels under 60% at all times. Most of the time I'm around 50%. It's the best I can do there's just so much resin my dehumidifier is on 24/7 lol.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I can keep them going for 3 more week lol.

My only worry at this stage is budrot. Im watching every bud I can like a hawk daily for Hermies but my environment is fairly stable and I keep the light off the girls when they sleep so should be fine on that front. My anxiety doing its thing as usual I'm sure lol I'm so close though I can taste it hehe. Both tents are on day 41 since flip. I'm thinking the dos-si-dos will be a 9 week the other tent a 10. But I'll be watching the trichomes and buds for ripening for the next 3 week :).

I'm still feeding them at decent levels as they are still very thirsty. I gave them a break on the last feed and only used molasses. I'll be feeding them again today it's been 2 days and they are already dry! I'm on the same sort of levels as I was at week 2 of flower to give an idea of what they are taking ATM. They are still responding really well to everything I give them. I'll be giving molasses and water only from week 8-crop I have been researching the no flush idea. It seems legit but I also noted that there isn't any difference between the weed which was and wasn't flushed. So if nothing else I learned I can save 1 week - 2 week of food if nothing else hehe.
Moon I'm with you all the way, but man, you gotta figure out some way to get that RH down. 60%? You're inviting the very thing you fear the most. I've found you can mitigate a lot of humidity with moving air. Don't you have a big boy oscillating fan? GET ONE. You need oscillating air blowing back and forth across the top of your canopy. And if it were me, I would have a dedicated underneath fan for each plant, blowing up through the canopy. Bud rot is real, even in a tent, and I lost half of one of my DSD (the indica pheno with fat buds just like yours) to it because I did NOT have enough moving air to mitigate the humidity. If you have no better dehumidifier, that's a really good option. But try to do something, 60% is way too high, as you know.

Moon I'm with you all the way, but man, you gotta figure out some way to get that RH down. 60%? You're inviting the very thing you fear the most. I've found you can mitigate a lot of humidity with moving air. Don't you have a big boy oscillating fan? GET ONE. You need oscillating air blowing back and forth across the top of your canopy. And if it were me, I would have a dedicated underneath fan for each plant, blowing up through the canopy. Bud rot is real, even in a tent, and I lost half of one of my DSD (the indica pheno with fat buds just like yours) to it because I did NOT have enough moving air to mitigate the humidity. If you have no better dehumidifier, that's a really good option. But try to do something, 60% is way too high, as you know.
I'm doing everything I can. I've got my fans on 24 hours one the canopy and underneath. I've got the extractor on too. I think my problem is because I'm running without an intake in both tents. I have the dehumidifier outside the tents on all the time I've got the window open to keep the air fresh. But my only option ATM is to vent into the room. And intake from the window or in the room as well. Temp wise I'm fine but humidity is always an issue. If I can keep it at this level I should be ok. I don't have any extreme temp drops so there's no condensation issues and so far the buds are looking very good. But there is literally nothing else I can do.

I'm doing everything I can. I've got my fans on 24 hours one the canopy and underneath. I've got the extractor on too. I think my problem is because I'm running without an intake in both tents. I have the dehumidifier outside the tents on all the time I've got the window open to keep the air fresh. But my only option ATM is to vent into the room. And intake from the window or in the room as well. Temp wise I'm fine but humidity is always an issue. If I can keep it at this level I should be ok. I don't have any extreme temp drops so there's no condensation issues and so far the buds are looking very good. But there is literally nothing else I can do.
Unless you spend coin and get an AC unit and use it to keep temps down and also to keep RH down. Lol.

Unless you spend coin and get an AC unit and use it to keep temps down and also to keep RH down. Lol.
I've just opened all the windows in the property to air everything out. It's the best I can do until this run is finished :(

Is the outside air dryer? That would lower the RH. If it's higher then you're just making your dehuey work harder!

The flowers are looking great on all of them, some better stacked and some frostier than others, but all beauties. :welldone:

I have been researching the no flush idea. It seems legit but I also noted that there isn't any difference between the weed which was and wasn't flushed. So if nothing else I learned I can save 1 week - 2 week of food if nothing else hehe.
The only substantial difference they found was a subjective difference in terpenes. The unflushed ones seemed to the testers to have more terpenes than the flushed ones, but they didn't lab test for that.

Is the outside air dryer? That would lower the RH. If it's higher then you're just making your dehuey work harder!
I don't know tbh shed. I assume so since fresh air is usually better than internal house air. That's why I open a window of i have a shower.
The flowers are looking great on all of them, some better stacked and some frostier than others, but all beauties. :welldone:
Thanks shed. Getting stressed over the humidity tbh but there's nothing I can do.
The only substantial difference they found was a subjective difference in terpenes. The unflushed ones seemed to the testers to have more terpenes than the flushed ones, but they didn't lab test for that.

Seems a bit lapse to not test for terpines when trying to prove one technique is better than the other. Terpines are easily measured in a lab.

The video you shared is the one I watched. Basic summary is there's no measurable difference between flushed for 2 weeks and not. Even the blind taste test came back inconclusive. Literally the only thing I could take from this is that flushing saves money. I'd be happy for you to tell me I'm wrong though Mr shed
:)

I am surprised that you took from this study specifically that you shouldn't flush though shed. The study was paid for by a nutrient company for 1. For 2 even the women who ran the study said that you could look at the results and conclude that flushing is literally the same as not flushing. So I really don't understand why you have decided to take the side of not flushing when using expensive chemicals? Surely if the study does say flushing has zero positive or negative effects and if flushing saves money then surely the conclusion should be that flushing IS STILL THE BEST OPTION. it's cheaper and had no negative or positive effects. From what I took a 10 day flush is only beneficial.

As I said I'm willing to admit I'm wrong on this but the results and the actual person who led the study said this.

I don't know tbh shed. I assume so since fresh air is usually better than internal house air. That's why I open a window of i have a shower.

Thanks shed. Getting stressed over the humidity tbh but there's nothing I can do.

Seems a bit lapse to not test for terpines when trying to prove one technique is better than the other. Terpines are easily measured in a lab.

The video you shared is the one I watched. Basic summary is there's no measurable difference between flushed for 2 weeks and not. Even the blind taste test came back inconclusive. Literally the only thing I could take from this is that flushing saves money. I'd be happy for you to tell me I'm wrong though Mr shed :)
Moon, not to jump into your conversation, but don't you have a simple temp/rh gauge inside the tent? Just sit it outside for a few minutes to measure the outside air. I was going to suggest exactly what Shed said - this time of year the outside air just may be lower Rh than inside. Inside is likely around 60%. Betcha your outside is less. Worth a shot when measuring is so easy and you already have the tool, ho?

Moon, not to jump into your conversation, but don't you have a simple temp/rh gauge inside the tent? Just sit it outside for a few minutes to measure the outside air. I was going to suggest exactly what Shed said - this time of year the outside air just may be lower Rh than inside. Inside is likely around 60%. Betcha your outside is less. Worth a shot when measuring is so easy and you already have the tool, ho?
It's cold air outside. So yeah it should definitely be less humid. I've put the dehumidifier in the tent it's the only thing I can do. I've tried moving the unit to measure and it doesn't change. By hardly anything. Its a single room I can't vent or intake from anywhere other than the window. I can't go up or down so it's the window and that's it. I have a dehumidifier which is supposed to be for a room which is 25 meter and removes 10 litres a day from the air. I cant physically do anymore to lower the humidity. I don't know how else I can phrase this really. I know you guys are trying to help. But trust me when I say I live with this every day and the stress is on my mind 24 hours a day. One of the reasons I can't sleep is exactly this. I'm awake now at 3 am I have every single window and the front door open in my property it's 10 degrees Celsius indoors right now and I'm sat wearing full clothes and dressing gown in a desperate attempt to get rid of the humid air. When I say I can't do anything I truly mean it. Unless you guys fancy throwing me 500 bucks for another dehumidifier this is the best I can do right now.

:ciao: Moony

Missed you and your girls!

Happy to see you posting and considering the no flush after all!
Hey krissi :) glad you came by.

I always considered it :) when someone gives me an idea I never immediately dismiss it. (Unless it's a flat earther haha)

But as I said to shed I only summerised that flushing is a good thing as it saves money and has zero positive or negative effects on the weed. Seems a no brainer to me. Especially since the company doing the research is a nutrient company. Essentially they even said you can flush and save money so I don't understand why people have come down on the side of not flushing and wasting money on nutrients for, what the study said, is no reason.

I should say I'm not frustrated or angry at any of you guys. I love how much you care to try help me. I'm just at my wit's end with the humidity. Ive not relaxed in weeks and I really am struggling with sleeping with all the stress. But I'm frustrated at this situation not you I promise. Love you all x @Jon @InTheShed

Quick update. Dos-si-dos tent was 64%. Put dehumidifier in there and it's 52% now. So looks like this is my only option :( means I'll have to set an alarm twice a day to move the dehumidifier and every 2 days to water. Ugh 3 weeks to go I guess I'll sleep when I take them down lol

Quick update. Dos-si-dos tent was 64%. Put dehumidifier in there and it's 52% now. So looks like this is my only option :( means I'll have to set an alarm twice a day to move the dehumidifier and every 2 days to water. Ugh 3 weeks to go I guess I'll sleep when I take them down lol
I've been having to keep the side curtains open on my tent and exhaust to high and keep the door into the house cracked to drop the humidity; I have 2 dehumidifiers in there and a humidifier in the veg tent and the exhaust to low. The struggle is real lol

I've been having to keep the side curtains open on my tent and exhaust to high and keep the door into the house cracked to drop the humidity; I have 2 dehumidifiers in there and a humidifier in the veg tent and the exhaust to low. The struggle is real lol
It really is hard work haha. I'm going to invest in another dehumidifier and I'll be able to vent outside soon. I've not been able to vent outside because it's winter and if I had a plume of steam coming from my window it would be a big giveaway lol. So I have to vent Into the property and pull cold dry air in. It's not even close to ideal. I'll definitely be sorting something else out when these are done. Either another dehumidifier or a portable air conditioner and dehumidifier. It's just expensive and they cost alot to run. A dehumidifier can cost as much as a 600 watt HPS.

Hey @Moony

I have to be honest with you though.
This strain can reach 28-30% THC and this plant at the back right looks like it could be that high.
:laugh::cough:
How in the hell can you tell how strong a plant is?! I had to LOL when I read that. Come on now...
But there is literally nothing else I can do.
You sure?!
Temp wise I'm fine but humidity is always an issue.
What are your tent temps BTW?
But there is literally nothing else I can do.
But...but...are you sure?!
Getting stressed over the humidity tbh but there's nothing I can do.
Hmmm...are you sure?! Maybe you could...
I've put the dehumidifier in the tent it's the only thing I can do.
That was a good start. I was going to suggest exactly that when I read that your dehumidifier was in the room.
I've tried moving the unit to measure and it doesn't change. By hardly anything.
Sounds like you need some more sensors. I would never rely on only device for measurements. THAT is something you could do.

Ok, so now that I'm done poking fun at ya, why not add a small space heater in your tents? Again, I don't know what your tent temps are. Maybe I'm talking out my ass. It may be possible to get a thermostat controlled unit and have it set to heat a couple degrees over your typical ambient temps. I have been using a space heater that also has a built in fan. It has helped keep things more balanced for my tent. I actually have my humidifier on to keep things where I want them.

Hey @Moony

I have to be honest with you though.

:laugh::cough:
How in the hell can you tell how strong a plant is?! I had to LOL when I read that. Come on now...
By looking at the density of the trichomes to get some idea. With 3 weeks to go and many crops under my belt I have an idea from looking at the amount of resin at each stage etc.
You sure?!

What are your tent temps BTW?

But...but...are you sure?!

Hmmm...are you sure?! Maybe you could...

That was a good start. I was going to suggest exactly that when I read that your dehumidifier was in the room.

Sounds like you need some more sensors. I would never rely on only device for measurements. THAT is something you could do.

Ok, so now that I'm done poking fun at ya, why not add a small space heater in your tents? Again, I don't know what your tent temps are. Maybe I'm talking out my ass. It may be possible to get a thermostat controlled unit and have it set to heat a couple degrees over your typical ambient temps. I have been using a space heater that also has a built in fan. It has helped keep things more balanced for my tent. I actually have my humidifier on to keep things where I want them.
Tent temps are 22-26 degrees Celsius with lights on and no lower than 19 when they are off. I think I need less plants or more dehumidifiers lol. For now if I can keep the humidity below 55 I'll be happy. It's not ideal but shouldn't get bud rot at that level.

I've got 3 temp and humidity meters and 1 just temp. 1 humidity meter in each tent and the extra temp one is in the tent with 5 plants so I can get a better read in more areas.

As I said temperature is great ATM. It's just the humidity it's caused by me pumping 2 6 inch extraction fans direct into the room. I'm planning on fixing things for the next run. I've got 3 weeks until I chop. If I can make it that long then next run will be fine

By looking at the density of the trichomes to get some idea. With 3 weeks to go and many crops under my belt I have an idea from looking at the amount of resin at each stage etc.
Sorry. But I just can't buy it. Have you had tests done to test that correlation? I don't have a lot of crops under my belt. So I'm not as familiar with this concept of measuring potency of cannabinoids. But this just seems a little far fetched to me.
Tent temps are 22-26 degrees Celsius with lights on and no lower than 19 when they are off.
So you have plenty of room to boost the temps and be able to drop the RH. Need to use the right kind of heater though.
I've got 3 temp and humidity meters and 1 just temp. 1 humidity meter in each tent and the extra temp one is in the tent with 5 plants so I can get a better read in more areas.
If all of them are staying around the same, you could be fighting a losing battle by trying to control the RH of the air your bringing in. Kind of what Shed was mentioning. Are they all the same brand/model? If so, grab a new one and compare the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom