Cons 2nd Indoor Soil Grow Start Date 01/14/23

hope everyones Easter weekend is all good, well at end of week 14 and chopped the Zkittles and Mystery SkyWalker/Purple they ambered up a bit more probably just under 10% did a top of bud snip on both plants and dried them out for a day & threw them in the dry vape for a test once dried and cured they'll taste great as they tasted not bad as is the Zkittles was a nice strong relaxing buzz & the pain relief was actually pretty good and the Mystery SkyWalker/Purple strain was suprisingley strong/more than the Zkittles a good head stone then mellowed out to a nice body stone it will be a good day time smoke, i never did a wet weight for either but guessing the Zkittles will be 2.5-3 oz dry & the Mystery SkyWalker/Purple guessing it will be 3-4 oz will get the dry weight when its dried out, the stunned one (Godzilla Cookies) is coming along nice & is under the 3 100 watt lights now, hoping its done by the end of the month but probably not so into the back seat of the truck & out to the lake we go & will set it up in the bath room in the trailer to finish off( just itching to get out of the city & get out to camp for 5 months) will update the journal till the Godzilla Cookies is done & get the dry weights next week, enjoy the Easter Weekend

That mystery purple is an absolute beauty!
Congratulations on the harvest con. That's a great haul.
The Godzilla is starting to buckle under the weight..she's going to give you loads.
:bravo:
Thanks yeah that was surprised with the Purple since it came from a pretty sketchy site, but both plants buds are pretty dense, the Godilla Cookies stretched when it went into stunned mode hard to tell it was LST'D but bamboo & string will hold her up

What an amazing mound of beautiful flower con, congratulations on the harvest! I see you have a flat of jars all ready to go...good planning. :)
Thanks Shed Yeah i kinda picked up the hint that my jars from my first harvest where to small so i got larger ones Lol! should cure a bit better, also picked up some 7 gal fabric pots for next falls grow & will be upgrading the light to a 450 watter, question for you about photo periods as i picked up some CBG photo periods how important when you flip them to 12/12 can you be off your time a bit like 13 light & 11 dark or just a bit of varible from day to day as i don't think i will have enough time to fully bud them out so planning on throwing it into a dark shed every day when flipped will a 1/2 hour to a hour bugger it up or has to be a strict 12/12 ?

Sounds like some great plans!
also picked up some 7 gal fabric pots for next falls grow
Keep in mind that plant pot gallons aren't the same as water bucket gallons:

how important when you flip them to 12/12 can you be off your time a bit like 13 light & 11 dark or just a bit of varible from day to day as i don't think i will have enough time to fully bud them out so planning on throwing it into a dark shed every day when flipped will a 1/2 hour to a hour bugger it up or has to be a strict 12/12 ?
If you go from 18/6 or 20/4 to 13/11 your plant will start flowering but will probably reveg eventually.

You're better off being at 11/13 or 11.5/12.5 than erring on the side of more light than dark.

Happy Friday Everyone hope your weekend turns out great, a day early for my weekly post, so my Zkittles and Mystery Purple was dried for 8 days first 2 the humidity was at 35% and 20c so i turned on the humidifier & brought up the humidity up to 50-55% for 6more days & then into the curing jars with the little humidity meters & this morning for the burp all meters where reading 50-52% humidity should i put in humidity packs to bring up the humidity for the rest of the curing time ? also did a dry weigh and was surprised the Zkittles was 5.6oz and the Purple was 5.2oz was only expecting 2-3oz per plant

20230413_115842.jpg

Humidity packs won't move a jar of buds 10 points since they're meant for stability not adjustment. I'd add a piece of bread to each jar and leave it in overnight and see if that helps.

On the plus side you actually got even more weight because most folks weigh their flowers at 62% RH, and yours would weigh even more at that humidity. On the downside your buds might not cure since they got so dry.

The microbes that are responsible for curing don't survive on the flowers at low humidity, and they don't come back when you raise it back up.

It will still get you just as high but it won't taste as good. Of course, if you're making edibles it won't matter at all.

Here's a test that @Weaselcracker did with overdried flowers in 2020:

Results here, here, here, and here.
Thanks Shed good read there is some hope cause they are not to crispy so i put some bread in to rehydrate up a bit but i do have a jar each of Zkittles & Purple @ 70% humidity so will burp those as normal & compare with the rehydrated/burped bud, Thanks again

Good Morning week 16 for the Godzilla Cookies and ambering up nicely , think i'll start a drought it's on day 4 of no water & quite a bit of amber trichomes mostly on the sugar leaves not much else happening, i put some bread on my over dried bud Mystery Purple & Zkittles and left over night so did a quick burp & will see where they are at later this evening the bread brought the RH to 70%, i removed the bread this morning & was quite dry

Looking good! Its always a bit of a challenge for me to dry the plants then trim and jar them at the right times. I tend to trim probably a bit early, then then put into jars to burp down to the right moisture content. I think if I waited till the exact right time to trim after drying I would get better results as far as retaining terps etc, but I have to be on the ball & have time to trim for it to work out properly. Good luck with the harvests!

Looking good! Its always a bit of a challenge for me to dry the plants then trim and jar them at the right times. I tend to trim probably a bit early, then then put into jars to burp down to the right moisture content. I think if I waited till the exact right time to trim after drying I would get better results as far as retaining terps etc, but I have to be on the ball & have time to trim for it to work out properly. Good luck with the harvests!
Thanks yeah my mistake was to low of humidity for the first couple days hope to get the Godzilla Cookies done right, i do a rough trim when wet them a light final just before the jars might skip the wet trim this time around

Good Morning & Happy 420, week 16 and droughted for 8 days leaves where drooping past 60-70% & refresh watered late last night just straight PH'd water & leaves percked up this morning & looking frosty & ambered up nicely 10-15% so chopped it this morning with a rough trim & hanging with room temp 19c & RH 50-55%, going to be a nice haul probably one of my best for a amateur guessing 6-7 oz but will see (eyes are probably bigger than what will be there ) will weigh when dry & before curing before closing this journal it was STICKEY & smells amazing, thanks for all the help have a great day & week end

Congrats on the takedown of that stunner! Hope they dry nice and slowly but eventually you can put that weight bench back to its intended use. 💪
Thank you In The Shed appreciate that, was not sure if it was going to make it when it decided to take a holiday but it came out good, just guessing that it's going to be my biggest yield i'll find out in a week or so i have the humidity and room temps good so should not over dry, the purple & Zkittles burn & taste real good for not fully cured and both have pretty decent buzz, the Godzilla Cookies was a bit of a chore, super sticky and pungent smell will do a dry weight soon before closing this journal and once again thanks for the help you are very wise man & have nothing but my respect as well as all 420 group members great group Happy 420 day

Hope everyones week is going good the Godzilla Cookies have been drying for 7 days now took a couple buds last night & jarred them with a humidity meter & RH was 72% so did a final trim & weighed them & put into the curing jars earlier this afternoon and after 5-6 hours in the jars RH was from 68-74% between them all, dried out faster than i thought for 19-20c & humidity levels at 55-65% still sticky as hell so the final weight & im sure i will loose a bit while they cure, was a whooping 256.9 grams 9.06 oz from 1 plant a new personal best even if i loose a ounce while burping/cure it will be my best yet & did a early taste test & for not being cured it was tasty & a good buzz, thanks for following & the guidance will close this one out in a day or 2 need to get ready for lake life & hoping to get out there this Saturday & planning on being there 28-30 days a month till Oct & will try to do a journal on a outdoor grow but cell reception is spotty at best but will try, Thanks again

20230426_173059.jpg

Many congratulations on that record breaking haul con!
:bravo:
If you're only going to be on the lake 28-30 days a month that gives you at least 1 day/month to upload pics. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Shed i might have to go to the near by lodge to get wifi but i'm sure i will make it work have a good one & bug you later

Back
Top Bottom