Cons 2nd Indoor Soil Grow Start Date 01/14/23

Hello folks just finished my first grow & turned out great for a beginner so i started my 2nd grow so here goes, will be doing 4 plants 3 in 5 gal pails and 1 in a fabric pot 5 gal ? seeds from Herbies and 1 sketchy unknown
plant #1 Godzilla cookies auto
from Herbies seeds
THC 27%
crossed with Gorilla Glue #4 & Girl Scout Cookies
Plant #2 Gorilla Glue auto
by Barnies Farm
THC 25%
cross of Gorilla Glue & BF Super auto
Plant #3 Zkittles auto
by Fast Buds
THC 23%
cross Triple Zkittles & Ruderalis
plant #4 Skywalker auto
from Farmers Lab was given to me y a friend SKETCHY place so have no idea if its what it claims to be auto or photo male or female or skywalker LOl!!!
THC 15-23%
cross Blue Berry & Mazar 1 Sharif
Soil is a mix of fresh Happy Frog potting soil with 1/3 recycled soil from my last grow with perlite & worm castings
Lights are Spider Farmer SF 1000 X 2 in my home made 3 1/2' X 4' X 7' box lined with reflective mylar & a 4'' Spider Farmer exhaust fan, heater and fan hooked up to a Ink Bird temp controler
water being used is tap water run through a zero water filter then PH adjusted 5.7-6.3
Nutrients this time around is Future Harvest Holland Secret Micro 5-0-2 and Grow 2-1-7 with this mixture

1673723050435.png

germinated after soaking with paper towel and put in peat pots with Fox Farm Soil they are 2 weeks old now

20221230_192739.jpg

20230105_182854.jpg

20230114_122248.jpg

20230114_122308.jpg

Yes peat pots just using what i have and should of used the clear dixie cup put in a red one to see root development and will on the 3rd grow but will cut out peat pot when i plant, any general idea when to repot as i can't see the roots ? 4-5-6'' tall ? or when the first set of true leafs ?

will do with the link, i'm spraying 8-15 shots 2-3 times a day and the leaves are just coming over the edge of the peat pot now so will be transplanting later today or tomorrow

i'm spraying 8-15 shots 2-3 times a day and the leaves are just coming over the edge of the peat pot now so will be transplanting later today or tomorrow
I'm mean watering to runoff and then needing to do it again in less than 48 hours. I'd say ignore the width of the plant, and none of those plants look like they have the rootball to hold all that dirt in yet.

ahhh i see, will change up the watering method, first time starting a seedling this way, first grow i just dropped them right in their final pot

Hi - you'll know when those plants are ready for a bigger pot - the roots will start showing, that's what they are designed for, no need to transplant just stick it in some soil

those peat pots can be disaster, especially with an auto. most times they bottle the roots, and don't deteriorate fast or far enough to let the roots escape. cutting the bottom off can help at transplant if you keep the cup.

Hi - you'll know when those plants are ready for a bigger pot - the roots will start showing, that's what they are designed for, no need to transplant just stick it in some soil
okay, i heard the peat pots where to hard & the roots struggle to get through

I was counting on him moving out of the peat cups actually!
yeah i was planning on cutting out the bottoms then putting in the larger pot then sliding scissors down the sides and cutting, heard roots struggle to get through & thats why people prefer the coco pots

okay, i heard the peat pots where to hard & the roots struggle to get through
They must be slightly different to the UK ones I use; once they have been wet once or twice they fall apart like wet paper
I have never had any issues using them with autos/coco and always just plant the pot
Cannabis roots can lift paving slabs, bit of soggy card is no problem

ours are like concrete lol.
the concept seems simple enough.
Ah, OK - Another thing I've learned - I'll add it to cups, quarts, 3.7L gallons, 110v DC with no fuses, Fox Farm, Happy Frog and god only knows how many nutrient brands, never mind the concept of sunshine lol

Sorry for the digression @con

3.7L gallons

canada used imperial gallons because we like to drink lol
everything is a metric equivalent now. most stuff is in a metric equivalent of US gallons now to help facilitate cross border trade.

we still drink real pints though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They must be slightly different to the UK ones I use; once they have been wet once or twice they fall apart like wet paper
I have never had any issues using them with autos/coco and always just plant the pot
Cannabis roots can lift paving slabs, bit of soggy card is no problem
these ones are about 1/8'' thick they are heavy duty a bit over kill

Happy Friday every one, end of week 3 transplanted into the final pots yesterday and went good, roots where out to edges of the pots and bottom, was planning on taking pics but in the ground by the time i realized i didn't take pics, all but 1 looked good so i gave the Godzilla Cookies Zkittles and the mystery Skywalker some LST this morning and a watering used string as a anchor and a tent peg to hold them down which worked out pretty good i did stem yoga to loosen up the stems and bent over real nice, my Gorilla Glue is probably not going to make it but will see when it was done germinating when i took it off the paper towel the tap root was caught pretty hard ( i should of just cut the paper around it) stuck it in the peat pot & sprouted then fell over so i gave it a sprinkle of worm castings and next day was standing on its own & sprayed with water for a couple days then gave it 1/3 cup of PH'd water then the leaves went limp and did not seem to be doing good so i transplanted it to see if that will help its still alive so lets see if it survives this week it will be the last pic

20230120_115209.jpg

20230120_111545.jpg

20230120_111542.jpg

20230120_111548.jpg

20230120_111643.jpg

20230120_111656.jpg

20230120_111743.jpg

20230120_111758.jpg

20230120_120313.jpg

20230120_111806.jpg

i did stem yoga to loosen up the stems and bent over real nice
Nice! Always good to put a little flex in the stem before you lean it.
( i should of just cut the paper around it)
Indeed!
Gorilla Glue is probably not going to make it but will see when it was done germinating when i took it off the paper towel the tap root was caught pretty hard ( i should of just cut the paper around it) stuck it in the peat pot & sprouted then fell over so i gave it a sprinkle of worm castings and next day was standing on its own & sprayed with water for a couple days then gave it 1/3 cup of PH'd water then the leaves went limp and did not seem to be doing good so i transplanted it to see if that will help its still alive so lets see if it survives this week it will be the last pic
I think now that you're leaving it alone for a while it will a lot happier. :)

Back
Top Bottom