Cons Indoor Auto Soil Grow 3.1

good morning everyone the Grappa was sitting at 66% after sitting in a jar overnight so good enough to put into jars & burp down for a few days & starting to get some better weights now, the Grappa came out to 164 grams just under 5.8 oz, so now just waiting for the Alien vs Triangle to amber up some more if it does i tried a tester of it yesterday & it's some pretty strong so i'll keep checking every few days the trichs are all cloudy & the GG & GxPP probably at least 2 weeks to go, have a good one

20240322_102819.jpg

good morning everyone the Grappa was sitting at 66% after sitting in a jar overnight so good enough to put into jars & burp down for a few days & starting to get some better weights now, the Grappa came out to 164 grams just under 5.8 oz, so now just waiting for the Alien vs Triangle to amber up some more if it does i tried a tester of it yesterday & it's some pretty strong so i'll keep checking every few days the trichs are all cloudy & the GG & GxPP probably at least 2 weeks to go, have a good one

20240322_102819.jpg
:drool:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

:drool:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill, pretty small potatoes weight wise for what your used to but it don't take a week to trim 1 plant but if i grew something that big i don't think i'd complain much either so far theyre pretty tasty & farley strong, i'll keep 2oz of each strain & that should keep me stocked till fall if i don't smoke like crazy

Thanks Bill, pretty small potatoes weight wise for what your used to but it don't take a week to trim 1 plant but if i grew something that big i don't think i'd complain much either so far theyre pretty tasty & farley strong, i'll keep 2oz of each strain & that should keep me stocked till fall if i don't smoke like crazy
A big tray of great buds.:thumb: It's what we all work for.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. :bravo:
There's a million things that could have prevented this day.;)
Credit where credit is due. :welldone:
Have a great weekend my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The weights go up, the jars get filled, and the lawn gets mowed for months on end. :welldone:
yeah! win win, i can't wait to see what the GxPP comes out too & hoping its a record breaker but its fox tailing a bit from over heat issues from a few weeks ago, more weight i guess

Nice haul Con! Congrats on the weight! It looks super duper.
Thank you Carmen the weights are getting better with each plant, have some running around this morning & then the AvT comes down this afternoon

hope everyones saturday & weekend is good, so day 89 & the AvT has been chopped it didn't have a lot of amber but the ones i did see where almost black so i don't think this strain amders up much but all trichomes where white not that cloudy look so time to chop & now hanging , some nice big & solid bud on this one & 2 left to go the GG & GxPP

20240323_120230.jpg

20240323_120236.jpg

20240323_120247.jpg

20240323_121150.jpg

20240323_125959.jpg

20240323_131332.jpg

20240323_131612.jpg

20240323_131617.jpg

:bravo: on those long and obviously sticky colas:

20240323_131332.jpg

Looks like the weights are climbing higher and higher!
Lol! removing cat hair while trimming, sould get 4-5 oz with this one good enough for me

morning folks the usual sunday update, week 13 and 2 left the GG & G x PP, the GG is getting some girth to her & loving the colors she's throwing out on her buds red as red can be looks nice & still drinking every 3rd day i think she'll be good to go in 1-3 weeks but i'm sure she's on the final swell, the G x PP probably the same time frame hard to tell if its on its final swell with the fox tailing but the leaves are starting to fade i don't think she'll be a record breaker as i previously stated probably 6-8 oz after giving her a good look over but still a impressive plant to look at standing in at 31'', watering day today for both, i don't like the way the weather is right now its hard to get the drying room at a cooler temp & hold the humidity above 58% with temps of 18c even with a window open, thats about it for today will post a pic of the drying rack later, have a good day & upcoming week

And as they make the turn into the homestretch it's GG and GxPP neck in neck... :Rasta:

And as they make the turn into the homestretch it's GG and GxPP neck in neck... :Rasta:
yeah a bit of a race to the finish line just for the outside temps when it come time to hang & dry it might be to warm & to fast of a dry i might try your fridge dry method for a better controlled dry & might hit you up for some pointers to this method

yeah a bit of a race to the finish line just for the outside temps when it come time to hang & dry it might be to warm & to fast of a dry i might try your fridge dry method for a better controlled dry & might hit you up for some pointers to this method
Better slow and cold than fast and too dry. I'll be here! :Rasta:

a pic of the dry room & picked up some new soil for next winters grow & for the lake grow its supposed to be designed for pot so i'll give it a try had to buy now as it was on sale & the tard running our country is going to make life more difficult in a week for everything just wish i could get into my garage to fill jerry cans for my first trip out to the lake but the floor is a ice rink so can't open the door on the garage Lol!

20240324_112456.jpg

20240324_112602.jpg

Hey @Grand Daddy Black a quick question about your fridge dry method, my fridge is at 2.5c or 36.5F & RH is at 40% i can not control the RH just temp would that work? & i know you put the bud into paper bags do you leave the bags open or closed & do you put in 1 oz or more in the bag or smaller amounts with more bags? Thanks no rush for a answer

Wow, con!

Until you asked your question I had never bothered to check the humidity in my fridge! I stuck a hygrometer in there a few minutes ago. I'll be interested in seeing what is says tonight.

So I'm in the dark about what humidity level is best in the fridge. I guess I assumed that most fridges work the same way and, thus, have similar environs within.

Anyway, as to your other questions, I've gone through several different ways of drying in the fridge.

I started out using paper lunch bags. They were just too small though. I couldn't get much weed in each bag and my fridge would end up filled with way too many small bags.

Then I tried removing the buds from the stems and using Mason Jars with high-grade cheesecloth screwed on the tops (in place of the metal insert that comes with the jars). I'd nearly fill the jars but would leave enough room inside to shake them around.

1711320141570.png

I think I got the best results this way but it takes the buds a looooong time to dry this way, too. And here again, with a substantial harvest the fridge would be full of jars.

Now I use regular-sized, paper bags (grocery store types, but I save most of mine from the chicken wing carry-out I frequent). I put as much as I reasonably can in each bag without stuffing them in, while leaving ample "air" room. (Leaving the buds on the stems helps keep them separated.) And, yes, I always leave the bags open. Not wide open -- I merely fold down the top a single time but make no effort to make it an airtight seal.

When I took down a plant recently she weighed 331g wet. She went into 3 regular-sized bags. It was a rather tight fit. I would have been better off using 4 bags, but I had to make it work with three. Since they were packed in a little tighter than I liked, I made sure to open each bag at least once a day (some days more than once) and reposition the contents. I try to make sure that the flowers at the bottom of the bag get moved to the top and keep that rotation going throughout the dry. Also, I sometimes take the plants out and dump them on a table, under a ceiling fan for about 1/2 hour and then put them back in the fridge. (I do that when there's a need to speed up the process a bit, usually because another victim needs the fridge-space. I don't like to do it.)

There's really not a lot to drying in the fridge. It usually just makes for a longer wait.

I don't have a spare fridge at my house. Space in there is scant, which I why I now use the regular-sized bags. It's easier to find room for a few of those than for double-digit numbers of mason jars or smaller bags.

That's my quick answer to your "quick" question! :)

Wow, con!

Until you asked your question I had never bothered to check the humidity in my fridge! I stuck a hygrometer in there a few minutes ago. I'll be interested in seeing what is says tonight.

So I'm in the dark about what humidity level is best in the fridge. I guess I assumed that most fridges work the same way and, thus, have similar environs within.

Anyway, as to your other questions, I've gone through several different ways of drying in the fridge.

I started out using paper lunch bags. They were just too small though. I couldn't get much weed in each bag and my fridge would end up filled with way too many small bags.

Then I tried removing the buds from the stems and using Mason Jars with high-grade cheesecloth screwed on the tops (in place of the metal insert that comes with the jars). I'd nearly fill the jars but would leave enough room inside to shake them around.

1711320141570.png

I think I got the best results this way but it takes the buds a looooong time to dry this way, too. And here again, with a substantial harvest the fridge would be full of jars.

Now I use regular-sized, paper bags (grocery store types, but I save most of mine from the chicken wing carry-out I frequent). I put as much as I reasonably can in each bag without stuffing them in, while leaving ample "air" room. (Leaving the buds on the stems helps keep them separated.) And, yes, I always leave the bags open. Not wide open -- I merely fold down the top a single time but make no effort to make it an airtight seal.

When I took down a plant recently she weighed 331g wet. She went into 3 regular-sized bags. It was a rather tight fit. I would have been better off using 4 bags, but I had to make it work with three. Since they were packed in a little tighter than I liked, I made sure to open each bag at least once a day (some days more than once) and reposition the contents. I try to make sure that the flowers at the bottom of the bag get moved to the top and keep that rotation going throughout the dry. Also, I sometimes take the plants out and dump them on a table, under a ceiling fan for about 1/2 hour and then put them back in the fridge. (I do that when there's a need to speed up the process a bit, usually because another victim needs the fridge-space. I don't like to do it.)

There's really not a lot to drying in the fridge. It usually just makes for a longer wait.

I don't have a spare fridge at my house. Space in there is scant, which I why I now use the regular-sized bags. It's easier to find room for a few of those than for double-digit numbers of mason jars or smaller bags.

That's my quick answer to your "quick" question! :)
thanks for the detailed info sounds like a good plan B if i cant get the dry room dialed in, i left my humidity in the fridge for about 4 hours & it read 60% so i'll leave it in overnight & see what it says if i can get a good slow dry even if it takes 2 weeks it'll be worth it i'll post tomorrow for the overnight test & see what you get

Back
Top Bottom