Con's Outdoor Lake Grow

Or lower. Maybe 62%?
Will it not lose moisture during curing & burping? or get it down to 62% & quick burps just to replace the air & add a humidity pack

The burping is to exchange air that the microbes need to process the cure, not to lower the moisture level although some of that may happen as the moisture levels in the bud even out.

At harvest and shortly thereafter the buds have a very uneven moisture level, but it's too wet for a proper cure and the high moisture encourages molds and rot.

Initial drying will dry the outer layer but the interior of the buds will still be overly wet. Once in the jars the moisture levels will stabilize through the entire bud and the microbes will do their thing.

But that's why it's not good to seal them up too wet as nobody wants moldy bud. And humidity packs should be used to maintain a given moisture level, not to bring the moisture level down to it.

Will it not lose moisture during curing & burping? or get it down to 62% & quick burps just to replace the air & add a humidity pack
It will, but, in my experience, with R/H over about 70% you run a risk of mold (the higher the R/H when jarred, the higher the chances of mold). I usually jar around 66-68%, then burp it down to around 56-60% and then throw in Boveda and seal em up.

It will, but, in my experience, with R/H over about 70% you run a risk of mold (the higher the R/H when jarred, the higher the chances of mold). I usually jar around 66-68%, then burp it down to around 56-60% and then throw in Boveda and seal

It will, but, in my experience, with R/H over about 70% you run a risk of mold (the higher the R/H when jarred, the higher the chances of mold). I usually jar around 66-68%, then burp it down to around 56-60% and then throw in Boveda and seal em up.
Hey phytoplankton good explanation my first 2 grows I was jarring at 75-80% no wonder I was burping 4-5 times a day for 6-8 weeks lol! Guess I got lucky with the mold thanks for popping in

Hey phytoplankton good explanation my first 2 grows I was jarring at 75-80% no wonder I was burping 4-5 times a day for 6-8 weeks lol! Guess I got lucky with the mold thanks for popping in
It definitely doesn’t happen every time, but it does happen (at least to me!), that’s why I dry it down more.

Looking good out there in the woods!
Thanks Shed the Gelato is getting there & finding the outdoors is a bit more challenging than in doors but will do again next summer

Good Morning 420 end of week 16 and had to cut the Gelato a bit early as its buds where starting to rot the night temps where getting down to 6c-9c day temps 18c-20c & RH 80-90% & not much wind so i chopped it last tuesday & shut down camp a bit early this year & back to the city, the fat bastard now at 62% humidity & curing final weight was approx 41g & smoke test was the ash burned clean tasted half decent a bit of outdoors/home grown taste & a bit hashy & a bit fluffy but good & was stronger than i thought it would be the Gelato weighed out to 51g burns clean & both taste pretty good in the vape & a decent buzz the buds where a bit tighter than the Fat Bastard, overall fairly happy with how it turned out would of liked getting 2 oz off each plant but learned a bit, next summers grow will be done a bit different will work on better soil & root development as both plants seemed a bit small in that area but will tie me over till my 1st fall/winter grow is done which i dropped seeds already & grow box upgraded with a few things, Thanks everyone for following along even though my journals are a bit boring as compared to others & for your advise THANKS AGAIN will post here the link to my next journal in a day or 2 & lets see how much this new grow will improve from the others looking forward for you all to follow along Cheers & have a good week

Congrats on a well-earned harvest con. And your journal was not boring! :Rasta:

Congrats on a well-earned harvest con. And your journal was not boring! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB not much of a harvest but a good learning experience that Fat Bastard auto will be done better indoors, hope to see you in my next journal

Congrats on the harvest!
Thanks MH pretty tiny harvest but better than nothing hope to see you in my next journal will post a link later thanks for popping in

Congrats on the harvest whatever the size! Any time you can bring in some flowers it's a good day. :)

Off to to the next grow... :surf:
Thanks Shed yeah a lot different growing outdoors than indoors thats for sure

Thanks GDB not much of a harvest but a good learning experience that Fat Bastard auto will be done better indoors, hope to see you in my next journal
You will!

Back
Top Bottom