More Phyto's Phun!

Well, just got back from a 10-Day Caribbean Cruise (wiphe and I's 40th Anniversary, it was great), so it's time start a new grow. Here's the lowdown.
Popped 6 seeds:
Gelato
Sunset Sherbert
Chemdawg
Gorilla Peyote
Blueberry Headband
Girl Scout Cookies
Media: Phox Pharms Ocean Phorest, amended with 15% perlite and a couple cups of Diatomaceous Earth in each. Then added geophlora
1 1/4 cups in the 5 gals, 2 cups in the 7 1/2 gal.
Phor 7 1/2 gallon bags, 2 phive gallon bags.

Going to start them under some older burple veg/bloom Bestva's, then will transition to a HLG with the two Bestvas for supplemental light when I transplant. Tent is 6.5x6.5x7ft., though I only use about phive by phive. Two intake phans, two exhaust phans, both with carbon philters. Currently about 60 R/H and 76 degrees.

Nutes: After using the Phox Pharms trio, for years, and Bud Dubblin the last grow, I'm going to use dry amendments this time around, Geophlora veg and Geophlora phlower.
Dropped the seeds in glasses three days ago, 5 oph of the six have tails, and the remaining Sunset Sherbert looks like it popped, but no tail. In any case they all went into the dirt today. No pics yet, I find seedling pics kinda boring, but I will update as necessary.

@Bill284,@Melville Hobbes,@Azimuth,@SmokingWings,@bluter,@cbdhemp808, @Roy Growin,@Trala,@Tokin Roll ll, @Sueet,@NickHardy,@Greenvein,@Carmen Ray,@CharlieWaffles, sure I've forgtten a few !

Well, just got back from a 10-Day Caribbean Cruise (wiphe and I's 40th Anniversary, it was great), so it's time start a new grow. Here's the lowdown.
Popped 6 seeds:
Gelato
Sunset Sherbert
Chemdawg
Gorilla Peyote
Blueberry Headband
Girl Scout Cookies
Media: Phox Pharms Ocean Phorest, amended with 15% perlite and a couple cups of Diatomaceous Earth in each. Then added geophlora

Going to start them under some older burple veg/bloom Bestva's, then will transition to a HLG with the two Bestvas for supplemental light when I transplant. Tent is 6.5x6.5x7ft., though I only use about phive by phive. Two intake phans, two exhaust phans, both with carbon philters. Currently about 60 R/H and 76 degrees.

Nutes: After using the Phox Pharms trio, for years, and Bud Dubblin the last grow, I'm going to use dry amendments this time around, Geophlora veg and Geophlora phlower.
Dropped the seeds in glasses three days ago, 5 oph of the six have tails, and the remaining Sunset Sherbert looks like it popped, but no tail. In any case they all went into the dirt today. No pics yet, I find seedling pics kinda boring, but I will update as necessary.

@Bill284,@Melville Hobbes,@Azimuth,@SmokingWings,@bluter,@cbdhemp808, @Roy Growin,@Trala,@Tokin Roll ll, @Sueet,@NickHardy,@Greenvein,@Carmen Ray,@CharlieWaffles, sure I've forgtten a few !
Hey buddy :ciao:
Hope your doing well :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Popped 6 seeds:
Gelato
Sunset Sherbert
Chemdawg
Gorilla Peyote
Blueberry Headband
Girl Scout Cookies

:popcorn:
I found out that the tags only work if you have a space before the @ symbol and you can't edit a tag or it won't work either apparently.
Just a heads up

I found out that the tags only work if you have a space before the @ symbol and you can't edit a tag or it won't work either apparently.
Just a heads up
Welcome aboard! Looks like the tags worked, but thanks for the heads up.

Gelato
Sunset Sherbert
Chemdawg
Gorilla Peyote
Blueberry Headband
Girl Scout Cookies
Cool. Do you know if your Chemdawg is the original strain, or if it's a stabilized seed line of the popular Chemdawg '91, i.e. what everybody just calls Chemdawg? Chemdawg D pheno is on my list of ones to try, for bud rot and leaf mold resistance.

Blueberry Headband sounds good. Headband aka Sour Kush = (Sour Diesel x OG Kush), two phenotypes, one sativa-dominant, one indica-dominant. I wonder which Sour Kush pheno they used to develop the Blueberry Headband.

Cool. Do you know if your Chemdawg is the original strain, or if it's a stabilized seed line of the popular Chemdawg '91, i.e. what everybody just calls Chemdawg? Chemdawg D pheno is on my list of ones to try, for bud rot and leaf mold resistance.

Blueberry Headband sounds good. Headband aka Sour Kush = (Sour Diesel x OG Kush), two phenotypes, one sativa-dominant, one indica-dominant. I wonder which Sour Kush pheno they used to develop the Blueberry Headband.

The Chemdawg is an F5, don’t know much else, got it from caliseedstore. The blueberry headband is a good one, very aromatic, this one is Indica dom. My phavorite is the sunset sherbert, last batch had one with a purple pheno and one green. I grew a Chemdawg out of this batch, but it gave me phits, so I thought I’d give it another try.

The Chemdawg is an F5, don’t know much else, got it from caliseedstore.
Looks like their website is down... it won't let me look at feminized seed. But I see in Google that they are selling Chemdawg #4 and maybe straight Chemdawg (aka Chemdawg '91). I'm no expert, but F5 generation is considered the minimum to create an IBL (inbred line), or maybe F6 would be the minimum. But this doesn't mean that the seed won't throw more than one pheno. It could mean, for example, that an F5 inbred Chemdawg #4 will usually throw offspring consistent with Chemdawg #4 traits. A great example of the result of careful IBL breeding is Cinderella 99. As far as I can tell, Cinderella 99 is very stable, but in fact has 2 phenotypes.

Looks like their website is down... it won't let me look at feminized seed. But I see in Google that they are selling Chemdawg #4 and maybe straight Chemdawg (aka Chemdawg '91). I'm no expert, but F5 generation is considered the minimum to create an IBL (inbred line), or maybe F6 would be the minimum. But this doesn't mean that the seed won't throw more than one pheno. It could mean, for example, that an F5 inbred Chemdawg #4 will usually throw offspring consistent with Chemdawg #4 traits. A great example of the result of careful IBL breeding is Cinderella 99. As far as I can tell, Cinderella 99 is very stable, but in fact has 2 phenotypes.
just checked the seed pack, it’s a Chemdawg #4.

Now I have 4 above ground, the other two germinated, but I hadn't dialed in the lights/phans and the temp got to almost 90 degrees and I literally cooked two of them, so I did a replant. The others weathered the storm just fine. Now that I've got the light/phan issue straightened out I should be good to go. I'll try and get some pics soon. temp now is about 72-80 degrees with around 50-60 % R/H.

Edit: Pretty boring, but here's what's up, I'm using my old Bestva burples for the seedlings, no reason to use the HLG yet
IMG_0789.jpg
Although you can't see it in the picture in the top right pot there's actually a hint of green, the cotyledons got phried, but it may survive (hope so, it was my last Peyote Gorilla seed):

Edit #2: as was pointed out, not all my tags went through, so I'm sending them again, please forgive me iph I doubled anyone up,
@Azimuth , @SmokingWings , @bluter, @Trala, @Sueet, @NickHardy, @Greenvein

Yesterday was transplant day phor three of them, the Chemdawg, the Blueberry Headband and the Gelato. The Sunset Sherbert is struggling, kind of a mutant start, after the cotyledons it put out one leaf, then finally another, but wasn't sure if there was a growth point after that, this morning it appears to have righted itselph and is putting out sets of leaves now. I apologize for the burple pics, but didn't want to set up the HLG yet.

Pre tranplant:
IMG_0795.jpg

Final homes:
IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg
IMG_0798.jpg

Temps are running 72-80, R/H is in the mid 60's, the soil was amended about 6 weeks ago with geophlora, a bit of DE, and bone meal. I'm, running the lights 19/5 (odd hours, but it keeps me out of "Tier III" pricing for power).

Time phor a little update, things are going well, the Sunset Sherbert looks like it has turned the corner. Phired up the HLG, still phine tuning the phans, but I'm holding a temp of 78-85 with an R/H of 65%., running 19/5 on the lights at 40%. I transplanted another couple plants, they were a little smaller than I would oph liked, but I really wanted to get the big light running and arrange the pots. Going to do some toppin g and LST in a couple days.

The older plants:
IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Some of the younger ones, I do have one small issue, got two plants in one pot (thuoght ione was a dud, but it wasn't), I'll have to seperate them soon:
IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Time phor an update. Things are going pretty well, the plants really like the additional light from the HLG. Temps in the 75-84 range, RH running about 55-60%. Still on a 19/5 light schedule. The older plants are about 2 1/2 weeks old, the others about 10 days.
Edit: Phorgot to add that I topped the three bigger ones a couple days ago, or perhaps I should say I phimmed two and topped one, I gotta get some glasses, can’t see s*** up close anymore.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0814 (1).jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Now one issue has cropped up, I added a second carbon philter, that exhausts through the roof vent of the tent, however the philter hung so far down into the tent that it wasn't discharging the really warm air at the top of the tent, so I put the philter outside the tent, don't think it will be an issue, since according to the manuphacturer the philter is not directional (it can suck or blow).
IMG_0810.jpg

Also thinking about moving the other philter outside, it would free up some valuable interior height.
IMG_0818 (1).jpg

Lastly, I got a great shipment of seeds from Caliseedstore, 30 seeds, all Pheminized, $100 delivered!
Sensi Skunk
White widow
Sunset Sherbert
Jilly bean
plus a couple more packs, half of these are phreebies!

Things are not so good today, real bad storm hit last night and continues today/tonight. Got up this AM to phind the power out, looks like it went out about 0230 in the morning. The power grid is a mess, there's at least 40 outages in my county alone. Probably won't get power back until well after midnight tonight! Still real windy, this morning I watched shingles peel oph my neighbors NEW roof! Had a small boat blown off my dock, luckily phound it floating against the levee, also phound another small aluminum boat that got hung up under my pier, got them both tied oph at least. Hoping for no phlooding at tomorrow's high tide!! might be a long night filling sandbags. The plants will have to be in the dark/cold until power is restored, my generator wont run an extra 1000 watts phor the tent.

Back
Top Bottom