Phyto's Phantastic Phebruary Phun With Photos

A little update, things are still looking good. They all got a shot of nutes yesterday. I up potted one plant a couple days ago and it is doing well. I will up pot the larger ones tomorrow. Got the lights at about 50% and 32 inches. Will adjust as necessary. The weather is still rainy and cold, but not nearly as cold as it was phor the last couple weeks, as a result my temps and humidity in the garage/tent are a little higher.

Here's a good shot oph the remaning plants, Screwey Looey (upper left) is finally settling down and putting out better leaph sets, no whorled pyhllotaxy. The replacement Suset Sherbert (lower right) is about a week above ground. The tiny plant, the original Sunset Sherbert, I've named Phoenix, since it "rose from the ashes", it's almost 3 weeks old, same as the other larger plants, but aphter it was planted, when I watered, the seed must oph phloated to the top of the soil, I didn't see it for a couple days and when I did the root tip was shriveled about half it's length. I replanted it and nothing for about ten days. The cotyledons never opened up and rotted away, and then a few days ago I saw a tiny splash of green, it continues to grow! As Malcolm said in Jurrasic Park, "Life finds a way":
IMG_0330.jpg

I had a tiny little sprout that stayed alive for quite a while sans cotyledons but didn't do any growing. It looked a lot like your little Phoenix. Eventually it just died. I'm hoping Phoenix will continue to grow though!
Remind me what soil you are in again please?

I had a tiny little sprout that stayed alive for quite a while sans cotyledons but didn't do any growing. It looked a lot like your little Phoenix. Eventually it just died. I'm hoping Phoenix will continue to grow though!
Remind me what soil you are in again please?
It’s FFOF, with some added perlite and DE. The cups contain Black gold seedling soil.

So today is repotting day, removed the babies phrom their 19 Oz. pots, good looking rootballs:

IMG_0335.jpg

Now in their phorever homes:

IMG_0336.jpg

Little Phoenix and the replacement Sunset Sherbert are still in their small pots. Little Phoenix is putting out a second set of leaphes, still small, but growing! She's a photo, I've got time:

IMG_0337.jpg

Good news on Little Phoenix, She Lives! I repotted her this morning, she had a decent root ball, so into the phinal pot she went. Also topped a couple of the the other plants. Phinally got my R/H up to around 50% by hanging a wet towel in the tent and directing a fan towards it. Tent temps in the high 70's to low 80's, main light is on at 40% with two additional older veg/grow lights on the edges.

Little Phoenix:
IMG_0353.jpg

The rest of the "gang":
IMG_0354.jpg

Another set of quick pics:
Phoenix is doing very well, and all things considered, is showing strong growth, Screwy Looey has righted himself and is really looking phine. The strange one is the replacement for Phoenix. It looked quite normal, and put out normal looking cotyledons and single leaves, then it went sideways, it only put out one three point leaph, and may or may not put out two growth points. The stained/ugly leaves are completely my phault, spilled some nute solution on them, and didn't notice it.

Phoenix:
IMG_0369.jpg

Screwy Looey:
IMG_0368.jpg

The replacement (which is now not necessary)
IMG_0371.jpg

Now the phun is really begining, they are growing quite quickly. They got their phirst dose of phull strength nutes today and LST will begin in the next couple days. I'm pleased to say that little Phoenix is hiting phull stride and doing really well.
IMG_0375.jpg

The rest of the plants also seem to be very happy:
IMG_0373.jpg

The only oddball is the Chemdawg, same soil, same light, same nutes, but seems to be very light in color compared to the rest, could be a pheno, but I'm hoping that this pheeding will green her up;
IMG_0376.jpg

Lastly there's Screwy Looey, he's done just phine, very low growing, tiny internodal spaces, but he still throws an oddball leaph every once in a while:
IMG_0377.jpg

Time phor another update. We got slammed yesterday and last night by a "Bomb Cyclone", 4 inches of rain and winds up to 80 MPH, somehow we didn't lose power! While I was checking for damage (it was minimal) I looked into an empty pot and phound liphe!
Best I can phigure is, this is old soil from last year and I had a Northern Lights auto that was severely abused by my caretaker (overwatered), and it ended up with major "nanners", so it got moved outside and I kinda phorgot about it. Eventually I harvested it for bubble hash, but it had a lot of seeds, these must of fallen out of the buds. It's been very cold, windy, and rainy since bephore Christmas. I tranplanted these little volunteers into nursery cups andmoved them into the tent. Since the mother was a pheminized auto and was pollinated by nanners, the seeds should be female (guess we'll see). :
IMG_0378.jpg

Best I can phigure is, this is old soil from last year and I had a Northern Lights auto that was severely abused by my caretaker (overwatered), and it ended up with major "nanners", so it got moved outside and I kinda phorgot about it. Eventually I harvested it for bubble hash, but it had a lot of seeds, these must of fallen out of the buds. It's been very cold, windy, and rainy since bephore Christmas. I tranplanted these little volunteers into nursery cups andmoved them into the tent. Since the mother was a pheminized auto and was pollinated by nanners, the seeds should be female (guess we'll see).

The LST has begun:
IMG_0381.jpg

Little Phoenix countinues to thrive:
IMG_0385.jpg

And Screwy Looey continues with low bushy growth, I really don't think I'll need to top that one.

Time phor more pics. Still having issues with the chemdog, gave it a phull shot oph nutes a couple days ago, the new growth is looking OK, but the old stuph is still sad, haven't figured it out yet.
IMG_0393.jpg

Little phoenix isn't so little anymore, in phact, she's now a little bigger than Screwey Looey.

IMG_0390.jpg

Screwey Looey:
IMG_0391.jpg

Here are the two volunteer auto Northern Lights, about 1 week old:
IMG_0392.jpg

Just love this part of growing, the big picture, group photo!
IMG_0395.jpg

They look, dare I say it lol, way too dry to me. I think seedlings need to more on the damp side.
Tomorrow they may get bit, the pots are still fairly heavy. It’s a seedling soil, it’s actually damp just under the surface, 4 days in those pots and there’s roots coming out the bottom.

Tomorrow they may get bit, the pots are still fairly heavy. It’s a seedling soil, it’s actually damp just under the surface, 4 days in those pots and there’s roots coming out the bottom.
My seedling soil works like a sieve. The water seems to run straight through. I always water seedlings BD.

Been a week and it's time for an update. Growth is phantastic, they're all doing well except the chemdawg, still can't phigure that one out. Thought is might be light bleaching, so I moved it out from directly under the HLG to the burple lights on the edge, saw some improvement, but I'm still not very happy with it. I'm about 6 weeks in, probably let them go another 2-3 weeks then flip.
IMG_0401.jpg

The volunteer Northern Lights autos are doing very well.
IMG_0399.jpg

Little Phoenix and screwy Looey are now indistinguishable from the others, they're all thriving.
IMG_0400.jpg

Really?!

I’m big smiling.

Well you’d know I can be super naughty then lol!

I’m really excited to watch you grow.
Trala, I found something that should help in case the mods give you another "spanking". (LOL)
9ae85437-f8ed-427b-80d6-11d4e5dfd5e2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom