Phyto's Phun

If your in soil you may have to wash the pot out.
If the build-up is that bad 3x volume plain water through the pot!
You still have what 3 weeks left?
Just a thought.
Hope your well Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

The contractors quit early today, getting ready for the holiday weekend, so I snuck in a phlush. We’ll see the results in a day or so. Still phinding a little thrip damage every once in a while, but the DE seems to have them at a low level. I’ll nuke the tent and use new soil on the next grow. Yields are looking decent, I see about a 4 oz per plant average. Temp for the next week will be very high, around 100 degrees, not looking phorward to trying to keep the tent/garage cool!

The contractors quit early today, getting ready for the holiday weekend, so I snuck in a phlush. We’ll see the results in a day or so. Still phinding a little thrip damage every once in a while, but the DE seems to have them at a low level. I’ll nuke the tent and use new soil on the next grow. Yields are looking decent, I see about a 4 oz per plant average. Temp for the next week will be very high, around 100 degrees, not looking phorward to trying to keep the tent/garage cool!
I love old houses, craftsmanship back then was incredible.
But after a certain period of time, fresh siding is necessary.
Do you have an ac in the garage?
Cover any big windows and keep it shut down.
Don't open the big door.
You might be ok.
Hope you have a great weekend my friend.

Stay safe

I love old houses, craftsmanship back then was incredible.
But after a certain period of time, fresh siding is necessary.
Do you have an ac in the garage?
Cover any big windows and keep it shut down.
Don't open the big door.
You might be ok.
Hope you have a great weekend my friend.

The house is built of solid redwood, even the ship lap siding, it's all phull cut lumber, it's hard to match up since no one sells phull cut lumber except on special order phrom the mill. This is just phase one, next is a rewire of the house with a bigger panel (150-200 amps), insulation, and then a porch rebuild.

No A/C anywhere, I get up early and open the garage door a couple pheet and I have a big phan that I use to push cooler air into the garage in the morning, that works until about 2pm, when the sun gets to that side of the house, then I shut it down. Lights go off at 4 PM and don't come on again until 0200. Only one window in the garage, and it's covered.

The house is built of solid redwood, even the ship lap siding, it's all phull cut lumber, it's hard to match up since no one sells phull cut lumber except on special order phrom the mill. This is just phase one, next is a rewire of the house with a bigger panel (150-200 amps), insulation, and then a porch rebuild.

No A/C anywhere, I get up early and open the garage door a couple pheet and I have a big phan that I use to push cooler air into the garage in the morning, that works until about 2pm, when the sun gets to that side of the house, then I shut it down. Lights go off at 4 PM and don't come on again until 0200. Only one window in the garage, and it's covered.
You got it down pat. :thumb:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe

Yes it's time for another Phyto update: I was out of town again phor several days. The wiphe held down the phort. Had a couple issues while I was gone,, Phirst, the contractors had to cut power to the garage phor several hours, which threw the light timers off, but no huge issue as they're Auto's, I reset the timers when I got home. Biggest problem was the HEAT, well over 100 degrees phor several days. My wiphe did her best, but doesn't get up as early as I do to set up the phans, so by lights out at about 3PM, the tent was in the high 80's to low 90's, just nothing we could do about that. Luckily (I guess) these plants aren't throwing a lot of scent, if you get your nose on them or touch them, then there's good scent, but other than that it's not a stinky grow. But good that the contractors really don't know what's going on. I pulled one little Blueberry that my caretaker really overwatered, it got a very slow start. For the first time I am bud washing, kind of had to since I dusted them with DE. Really watching the trichs closely, got a couple more that are right on the edge, no more than a week of two.

So here are a phew new shots, the first is a little cull that I kept just to see, not very big, but really nice looking buds.

IMG_0129.jpg

Couple general shots of the tent, the leaph coloring is a little deceiving, they look kinda yellow, but when you put them in natural sunlight, they're really not.
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Some very nice looking bud, about a week or two from harvest
IMG_0132.jpg

A big PHAN!
IMG_0135.jpg

I have a portable a/c unit, but it draws too much power for the circuit, and I’d need to add a lot of ducting to get the exhaust outside. I normally don’t grow indoors from June to October, because of heat issues. In summer I grow outdoors, but with contractors doing work all summer it wasn’t an option this year. Right now it’s about 2pm and close to 100 degrees outside. The local grape growers are picking 24/7 to avoid damage from the heat, expect the price of wine too go up! Supposedly the heat will break tomorrow!

I hear ya! I had to wire the shed, new breaker box, outlets, etc I planned for it. But until I could afford it, I install an exhaust fan. The exhaust fan was enough to pull the extra heat out of the rafters. But after a stretch of weather 100-115f outside I had to invest in a/c. Now the wife doesn't mine too come check things out. The plants are happier. Perfect life. I haven't done anything official outdoors, some old school guerilla growing. Nothing like now. We also had a busy summer of contractors and such. Maybe this year will be the year for The outdoor grow!

I hear ya! I had to wire the shed, new breaker box, outlets, etc I planned for it. But until I could afford it, I install an exhaust fan. The exhaust fan was enough to pull the extra heat out of the rafters. But after a stretch of weather 100-115f outside I had to invest in a/c. Now the wife doesn't mine too come check things out. The plants are happier. Perfect life. I haven't done anything official outdoors, some old school guerilla growing. Nothing like now. We also had a busy summer of contractors and such. Maybe this year will be the year for The outdoor grow!
I’m running 2 8” exhaust fans and one 8” Intake fan, and the lower vents on the tent are open. Re-wiring the house is phase II. Right now I’m literally running the entire house on 50 amps!

Holy shit. 50 amps. That's Insane. I jus ran 100amp from pole to shed. I'm glad that's working for ya! I mean that is pretty common across the u.p. Michigan also. On fan note. How do you like your 8" fans? Was it an upgrade for ya? I currently run 2 - 4" intake and 1 -10" oscillation fan 1 flap vent open. I like how the tent puffs a bit. Lets me know the fans are working good.

My tent is 6.5x6.5x7, I tried a 4 inch fan and it was not effective at all. The 8” are great, I normally run one 8” in and one 8” out w/carbon filter, but I bought an extra fan because of it being a summer grow. It totally replaces the air in the tent about every 4-5 minutes. I also have a small box fan that sits on a stool in front of the flap, to help move the cool air into the tent how are you. To my way of thinking too much air is better than not enough.

I find that more air is really helpful in keeping bud rot and mildew to a minimum. I can get humidity issues, since I'm 25 feet from an offshoot of S.F. Bay, but the garage is pretty dry unless I leave the door open when it's foggy. Just checked my babies and the temp in the tent is 88, the R?H is about 28%! Weatherman says the heat breaks tomorrow!

It's freaking hot!!
IMG_0137.jpg

I find that more air is really helpful in keeping bud rot and mildew to a minimum. I can get humidity issues, since I'm 25 feet from an offshoot of S.F. Bay, but the garage is pretty dry unless I leave the door open when it's foggy. Just checked my babies and the temp in the tent is 88, the R?H is about 28%! Weatherman says the heat breaks tomorrow!

It's freaking hot!!
IMG_0137.jpg
That's incredible, wow. :yahoo:
Absolutely beautiful.
Hope your well my friend.

Stay safe

Not a lot new to report, except that the heat wave has phinally broken!!!! Back down into the 70's the last couple days after of week of around 100. This keeps the tent under 80! In a couple days I'm going out of town for a week, in pursuit of the elusive Odocoileus hemionus columbianus (blacktail and/or Mule (Deer). My wiphe did a great job last time (despite her black thumb) and will have to carry the torch (or watering can) while I'm gone. For those of you worried about the deer, they're pretty saphe, we haven't got one in 5 years, and it's a bunch of old guys more worried about what's for lunch than what we hunt!!! Quite honestly, in my liphetime I've killed many more deer with a Buick than by hunting! Also, pretty sure when I get back at least a couple of plants will be ready, YIPPEE! More to report when I return.

Not a lot new to report, except that the heat wave has phinally broken!!!! Back down into the 70's the last couple days after of week of around 100. This keeps the tent under 80! In a couple days I'm going out of town for a week, in pursuit of the elusive Odocoileus hemionus columbianus (blacktail and/or Mule (Deer). My wiphe did a great job last time (despite her black thumb) and will have to carry the torch (or watering can) while I'm gone. For those of you worried about the deer, they're pretty saphe, we haven't got one in 5 years, and it's a bunch of old guys more worried about what's for lunch than what we hunt!!! Quite honestly, in my liphetime I've killed many more deer with a Buick than by hunting! Also, pretty sure when I get back at least a couple of plants will be ready, YIPPEE! More to report when I return.
Sounds wonderful. :yahoo:
Nothing better than forgetting everything for a while and being with the gang.
I'm sure the hip waders will be required by day 2 at the latest. :rofl:
Hope you have a terrific time.
If she needs anything show her how to talk to us, if your out of range.
Or just Wana break.:thumb:
Good luck. ;)

Stay safe

Back phrom the great beyond, no deer were harmed in the making of this movie, but a good time was had by all (we did do well on trout). Got a bit of a surprise when it snowed on us!!! Saw lot's of bears, and a couple elk, and lots of does. Got home to phind that there was a problem when I was gone, most of the Phan leaves died off, not sure if it was a lack of water or what. In any case, it was time for several of them out come out: Got about 16 oz from 4 plants, still have three in the tent. This was a difficult grow, I'll never grow indoors in the summer again, heat issues became a problem and degraded the overall quality a bit, plus I had a bad start (caretaker over watered) a couple plants with nanners and had two lockout problems. While I've had good results with the FF trio I'm looking for a new, easy to use organic fert that won't break the bank, and doesn't involve 7 different bottles! Phlushing is getting old! Once the last plants are out of the tent, stay tuned for "Phyto's Phun With Photos"

Back phrom the great beyond, no deer were harmed in the making of this movie, but a good time was had by all (we did do well on trout). Got a bit of a surprise when it snowed on us!!! Saw lot's of bears, and a couple elk, and lots of does. Got home to phind that there was a problem when I was gone, most of the Phan leaves died off, not sure if it was a lack of water or what. In any case, it was time for several of them out come out: Got about 16 oz from 4 plants, still have three in the tent. This was a difficult grow, I'll never grow indoors in the summer again, heat issues became a problem and degraded the overall quality a bit, plus I had a bad start (caretaker over watered) a couple plants with nanners and had two lockout problems. While I've had good results with the FF trio I'm looking for a new, easy to use organic fert that won't break the bank, and doesn't involve 7 different bottles! Phlushing is getting old! Once the last plants are out of the tent, stay tuned for "Phyto's Phun With Photos"
So glad you had a good time, welcome back. :ciao:
Trout mmm, pics ?
Sorry about your ladies,
Was much lost?

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom