Phyto's Phantastic Phebruary Phun With Photos

Trala, I found something that should help in case the mods give you another "spanking". (LOL)
9ae85437-f8ed-427b-80d6-11d4e5dfd5e2.jpg
LOLLING!

What do you mean “in case”. It’s totes when! I’m all about the naughty ;)

Lolllll

Time phor another update, the vounteer Northern lights are doing well, at a little over two weeks old, gave them a drink of phresh water today. All the plants, except the autos, are now putting out alternating nodes:
IMG_0414.jpg

Still having issues with the chemdawg, it's giving me phits!! I phinally got so phrustrated that I pulled it out, examined the roots and repotted it, the roots looked OK, but the yellowing continues. I tried putting some weak bloom nutes mixed with the growth nutes to see what happens, the stems and petioles of the leaphes are very red, if it doesn't respond soon, it's gonna get the Habeus Yankus!!:
IMG_0413.jpg

The rest of photos are doing very well, they're at about 18 inches tall. I'm planning on letting them veg to about 24-30 inches tall, that will give me enouph room for a 50% stretch without having to HST.
IMG_0412.jpg

This has been an interesting grow, my PH pen died, so I have not PHed or checked the PPM's of any of the water or nute solutions, and I'm not having any issues (yet).

Phlank, just lovely but… if you want to settle my anxiety going forward your gonna have to clean that floor bruv.

Lollllling!
Unphortunately to keep the humidity up I have to hang a wet towel and it drips and I track all the dirt in from outside, and it begins to grow algae. I guess I could get in there with a wet vac, but I feel it's a battle I won't win!

It's been about 60 days since the seeds broke ground. They are growing great except the Chemdog, which is still giving me phits! Did some measurements and calculations and determined that unless I want to risk some HST and/or potential light burn, it's Phlip Day! Knocked it down to 12/12 from 19/5, and I'll kick up the light intensity from 40% to 60%.
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Been a week since the phlip, and the stretch is on, hopephully they won't go over about 50-75% stretch or HST may be my only option, I can only saphely raise the lights about another 4 inches. Just started transition nutes last week, dropping the N a bit and upping th P&K. Temps are between 75-82, the lights are at about 60% and I'll bump it up in about a week. I haven't PHed any water yet. One plant has a little bit oph clawing, but no burnt tips. The humidity, now that the plants are bigger, is much easier to manage, to lower it I just need to turn on the intake/exhaust fans and I can keep the RH between 35-55% depending on how long it runs.

An overview:
IMG_0433.jpg

The chemdog wasn't responding, so a couple days ago I transplanted it into some promix I had laying around. We'll see, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope, the roots did not look very good or well developed.
IMG_0434.jpg

Another view:
IMG_0435.jpg

This weeks update. Not wanting to jinx it, but things are looking very good. Spring has phinally sprung and the weather is warming up, I've gone from trying to keep the plants warm, to trying to keep them cool. Phinally got the tent dialed in and am holding pretty good temps, at between 78-85 degrees. R/H is 40-55% slightly higher just after they're watered, and unlike prior grows, I haven't PHed the water once! Started the bloom nutes about a week before I phlipped and it's working well. I have one plant with some minor clawing, but that's my phault, I lost track of feeding and double dosed one plant, phed when I should of just watered.
Interesting results on a phew plants, little Phoenix, which I almost gave up on, is now the biggest plant in the tent! The two volunteer seeds I phound outdoors in some used potting soil from my last auto grow are now as big as any of the other plants and are, as I expected, both female. The cotton tops are starting to show. My only phear is that I may has to resort to some HST if the stretch goes too much longer. The only downside is the chemdog, it's just not going to amount to much of anything. I'll be gone for a week begining Wednesday and am leaving the wiphe (black thumb) in charge, hoping for the best.
The poor chemdog:
IMG_0441.jpg

The happy plants:
IMG_0440.jpg

Another shot:
IMG_0439.jpg

Last one, I promise:
IMG_0438.jpg

Returned phrom 5 days out of town, left the "Black Thumb" (wiphe) in charge, all was good when I returned, just a little droopy, but a gallon of water each and they're all perked up today. I was surprised to phind that the Northern Lights volunteer autos had stretched 12 inches in phive days!!!, They were up above the lights, amazing since they sprouted phive weeks after the photos and are now a phoot taller!! Had to do some emergency HST on the two autos, today they are already stretching back towards the the light.

Things are looking very good (knock on wood!)
IMG_0445.jpg

You can see the HST, I was prety brutal!
IMG_0446.jpg

Getting ready to take oph for a phew days, the plants will be on autopilot. Don't want to jinx it, but things are going very well. Plants were a little droopy this AM, so they got a little water, they'll all get a good shot tomorrow before I leave.
A couple bud shots, so phar not a lot of scent, except when I phirst open the tent up in the morning, but it's early. The tall one in the back is Little Phoenix, she's now the biggest plant in the tent, just goes to show, never give up on a plant!
IMG_0453.jpg

This is "Screwey Louie" I never got around to topping this one.
IMG_0452.jpg

An Overview:
IMG_0451.jpg

This is the chemdawg that just wouldn't stay green, it finally got healthy, but it's sooo small, so I put it outside in the greenhouse, hopephully it will re-veg and I can grow it over the summer.
IMG_0455.jpg

Thanks again to all that are phollowing the grow!

The Chemdawg might be a little plant but it looks healthy I hope it does well in the greenhouse and in reveg!

Safe and happy travels.

The Chemdawg might be a little plant but it looks healthy I hope it does well in the greenhouse and in reveg!

Safe and happy travels.
Not sure what happened with that plant, it started well, then hit a hump, yellow leaves slow growth. I finally repotted it in different soil, and it finally started looking better in the last 10 days. I’ve never grown Chemdawg and have read they’re a little touchy with rh and ph. Early on the rh was low, and I didn’t ph any water, sure didn’t seem to bother the other plants. It’s a mystery!

Just got back phrom Portland, visiting my son. The tent/plants were on autopilot for phive days, watered well before I lepht. Was worried about phinding a disaster when I got home, but all was well when I returned, WHEW!
This has been an interesting grow, I'm going with "less is more". I cut out PHing water, and I have not used calmag. I did change nutes from the FF trio and calmag to Bud Doublin, which is a three part, grow, flower, micros, it's just a cannabis phert I picked at random, but so phar I'm very happy with it (plus it's inexpensive and lasts a long time!). I actually think that given my high Ca PPM's in the base water, I may have been causing lockouts from too much Ca, because by now I normally would be experiencing yellowing leaves and would oph had to phlush the soil at least once. I am starting to think that a lot of what is thought to be a calmag, dephiciency is actually an overdose. So phar, I have green leaves top to bottom, with just a phew older leaves dying back deep under the canopy.
Some inside the tent shots:
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Here's a shot of of the chemdawg that was giving me phits. Aphter repotting it in dipherent soil it greened up nicely, but was so small I decided to move it outside into the greenhouse and let it re-veg.
IMG_0469.jpg
And lastly, here's a shot of the volunteer auto Northern lights, it's got the worst bud structure I've ever seen, a real genetic throwback. I moved it outdoors to phree up a little more space in the tent. Smells great, but it's not going to amount to much.
IMG_0470.jpg

Thanks again for phollowing along!

No toker has ever been impressed by quantity Phyto - sweetest bud I ever grew was Hawaiian in sand, no nutes whatsoever and not much water either
The buds were tiny but FM they were precious
I agree, the weird part is that the other NL volunteer has normal bud structure, not phat, but none of the ones I had were. Yours look like they have better genetics at least as far as bud structure is concerned.

I have used bud doublin in past and wish you luck. I will follow along to see how it works for u maybe I didn’t use it correctly. :goodluck:
So phar I've been very happy with the nutes, you can see the results, phollowed the directions to the letter, the only strange thing is the Micros is jet black and stinks like hydrogen sulfide, but it seems to be doing the job! I had been using the FF trio and calmag, but always had to do at least two phlushes, and moving big grow bags from the tent to outdoors (no drain in garage) was a PITA. Haven't had any lockout/deficiency.yellowing issues and I have not used calmag on this grow.

When I checked the girls yesterday they were a little droopy, which is to be expected aphter 6 days without water, so everybody got a gallon of water and all is well. One thing I did notice is that they are starting to build up some scent. This could be a problem, even though I have a carbon philter. However, I just realized that in about 2-4 weeks I'll have about 250 garlic plants that will be ready to harvest. You can't cure garlic in the sun (changes the taste for the worst), so I'll have to set a up drying table in the garage. I did that last year and the whole garage smelled like garlic. That should mask any smell from the plants.

Here's a phew shots of the veggie garden, garlic (Phour 5x10 raised beds):
IMG_0472.jpg

The asparagus, I let it go to seed this year:
IMG_0474.jpg

Horse raddish, parsley, and cabbage:
IMG_0478.jpg

Zucchini:
IMG_0476.jpg

Italian Red Torpedo onions, and a couple Phresno chili peppers in the foreground:
IMG_0475.jpg

Back
Top Bottom