Phyto's Phun

Part of me wants to ask why? Ha!

NTH
Short story, I got mistaken for a pheasant, while pheasant hunting! Took a load of shot at 35 yards. Longer story, inexperienced hunter did something that wasn’t safe and I was downrange.

A little update, but no pictures: The last seed popped up above ground, I thought it might be a dud, because I didn't see any true leaves for a couple days, but they finally appeared, so I'm 4 for 4. Arrived in Jackson Wy. late yesterday, flew into Salt Lake and drove for 5 hours to Jackson. Tomorrow into Yellowstone!

Got back from our trip, and phound the babies in pretty sad shape. My caretaker brutally overwatered them, two stunted, and all with brown and curled lower leaf damage. Since they're autos I'm just gonna put em outdoors and hope for the best, but I'm not going to spend money on electricity for what I believe will be sub-par plants. Dropped 4 new seeds today. 2 Lemon Mimosa, 1 Northern lights, and a Do-Si-Do, all auto phems. May order some more lights this week. Looking at possibly picking up a refurbished HLG 600w.

Got back from our trip, and phound the babies in pretty sad shape. My caretaker brutally overwatered them, two stunted, and all with brown and curled lower leaf damage. Since they're autos I'm just gonna put em outdoors and hope for the best, but I'm not going to spend money on electricity for what I believe will be sub-par plants. Dropped 4 new seeds today. 2 Lemon Mimosa, 1 Northern lights, and a Do-Si-Do, all auto phems. May order some more lights this week. Looking at possibly picking up a refurbished HLG 600w.
I'm glad your home safe, sorry about the ladies.
It's an art, watering.
Not everyone gets it right away. :rolleyes:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I'm glad your home safe, sorry about the ladies.
It's an art, watering.
Not everyone gets it right away. :rolleyes:

Bill
I can't complain, the main reason he was there was to watch the dogs, they are fine and that's the most important thing (although the Chesapeake is giving me the cold shoulder). The plants are secondary, and he was a rookie, just didn't know better. I am also not happy with the seeding soil either, it had no perlite or mica, and was mostly coco and sphagnum moss. The stuff I usually use has a lot of mica in it, but they were out of it, so I got a different brand. If I had it to do over I would of put them directly into their final pots.

So, I popped another phour seeds and planted them in their phinal homes. I moved the two damaged Mimosa's outdoors. The runt looks like it is recovering, the other looks kinda stalled. Uphortunately, it rained last night, so we'll see. The two existing Northern lights look like they may be salvageable, though I doubt the yield will be great. The new leaves are looking good, just need to have the roots catch up.

The new seeds are: two Lemon Mimosa's, a Do-Si-Do, and a Northern Lights, all auto Phem's. Now, with 6 plants, I need additional light. I think I'm going to go with a rephurbished HLG 550 V2 Rspec, in conjunction with the two existing 285 true watt draw Bestva's it should provide plenty of light for a 6.5x6.5x7 tent. If I order today it should be here is a couple days. Keep you posted on progress!

It's a good day today, checked the tent and all 4 seeds have broken ground. This time, after germinating they went directly into their phinal pots (root down, LOL), no messing around with that terrible Miracle Grow seedling starter. Should have the new light in a phew days. Going to have to see if I need another exhaust phan to keep the tent cool. Got into the low 90's yesterday, but I was only running the intake/exhaust every phew hours. Short heat wave coming in a couple days, so that will be a test. No pics, seedling pics are boring! After they get a couple sets I'll post up pics. Thanks for phollowing!

So I got home and everything looked pretty good, they did phine for phive days on their own. Yesterday my new light came, and I set it up today, WOW (HLG 550 Rspec), it's a lot of light. Now, with my two existing lights I'm pushing about 1100 true watts in a 5x5 space. Only concern is heat, which I'm monitoring, got another 4" fan I can mount right over he driver and vent it out the top if the temps get too high. Just got a new phone and it doesn't seem to be sending photos/emails, will update when I phigure this damm thing out!

Well, I finally got my camera/email issues taken care of, glad my son-law is tech savvy. So here's the set up for now, hung the new light and determined pretty quickly that I needed another exhaust fan, and they need to be on whenever the lights are on. Was getting temps in the low 90's when the fan was off for a half hour (half hour on, then half hour off), added a new 8" exhaust fan and now temps are in the mid-high 70's. The two larger plants are from my first try that the caretaker over watered, they're in flower!!

IMG_0001.jpg

Here's what the new babies look like at about 10 days (seedling pics are kinda boring). They got their first shot of nutes a couple days ago, using the Fox Farm trio w/bush doctor.
IMG_0004.jpg

I was a little concerned about energy draw, but I added things up and I'm drawing about 1200 watts (10 amps) including the lights and fans. My extension cord is 10 Gauge, and has a max wattage of 1650W, all on a 15 amp circuit so I'm looking pretty good. Let the fun begin.

So here they are at about 14 days. I had to re-set my exhaust fan, I hung it in the tent from the floor joist above, with wires, but I noticed a weird sound upstairs in the house and found the wires were transferring vibrations from the fan to the joist, and that was setting up a harmonic vibration that resulted in a low, and very annoying, hum in the house, all better now!
IMG_0008.jpg

I was also able to salvage a plant from the first attempt that got damaged by too much water. Unfortunately it's an auto and almost 5 weeks old, there is another about the same size that's in flower, very sad.
IMG_0009.jpg

Here they are at about 17 days, just topped these, I have another couple that are kinda stalled, so I may drop a couple more seeds.
IMG_0012.jpg

Did OK topping them, except phor the last one, now I know what FIM means, so we'll see how that works! I really need to wear my glasses when I do this.
IMG_0016.jpg

Here they are at about 17 days, just topped these, I have another couple that are kinda stalled, so I may drop a couple more seeds.
IMG_0012.jpg

Did OK topping them, except phor the last one, now I know what FIM means, so we'll see how that works! I really need to wear my glasses when I do this.
IMG_0016.jpg
Makes me smile to see uniformly full pots. :rofl:
I'm weird I guess.
Nice work so far my friend, looks great. :thumb:

Bill

Back
Top Bottom