Phyto's Phun

Topped about phour days ago and they are responding well:
IMG_0019.jpg

This one broke ground about 4 days ago.
IMG_0021.jpg

And lastly this is one of the original 4 that I was able to salvage, topped and LST in progress.

IMG_0022.jpg

This is the one I semi-Phim'ed (quite by accident), it's doing pretty well.
IMG_0020.jpg

You ever have one of those oh sh*t moments? Well I had one today. I was mixing up my nutes and decided to check the PPM’s of the water because they were working on the new well pump. Reading 1950 ppm, before nutes, so I figured I’d use some bottled water. Dumped a gallon in my trusty watering can, and it hit me, oh sh*t, the watering can I’ve been using for years, and thought held 1 gallon, actually holds 2 gallons, so I’ve been under fertilizing for years!

So LST has started and they are doing well:
IMG_0026.jpg

More LST:
IMG_0025.jpg

A view of the whole set-up. the two larger plants were from the original overwatered grow, they are doing OK, but are in flower now, minimal yield, but I'll stick it out with them too:
IMG_0024.jpg

Stalled auto, the one in the small pot is three weeks old, the one in the big bag is about 8 days old!
IMG_0028.jpg

So LST has started and they are doing well:
IMG_0026.jpg

More LST:
IMG_0025.jpg

A view of the whole set-up. the two larger plants were from the original overwatered grow, they are doing OK, but are in flower now, minimal yield, but I'll stick it out with them too:
IMG_0024.jpg

Stalled auto, the one in the small pot is three weeks old, the one in the big bag is about 8 days old!
IMG_0028.jpg
Hey Phyto :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Just keep an eye on the watering. :Namaste:
Don't be afraid to try going an extra day.
It won't hurt especially the bigger ones.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey Phyto :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Just keep an eye onbthe watering. :Namaste:
Don't be afraid to try going an extra day.
It won't hurt especially the bigger ones.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
The rings you see are from a squirt bottle, I had just given them about 15 squirts. Ever since my caretaker tried to drown the plants, I've been a water miser! After I took the pictures I put the remaining plants into their final pots. I'm really excited to see how the new light works out. I'm supplementing the HLG with a couple of older Bestva's with veg/bloom (I'd say they are better than burples, kinda an intermediate light).

So I kept three of the original phour that the caretaker tried to kill with kindness (and too much water). Two actually finally took off, won't be a big yield, but I'm glad I kept them. The other stalled as bad as I've ever seen one stall, but I kept it phor giggles, it was starting to phlower (at 3 inches tall). Today I took a good look at it, and turns out it's a mostly male hermie, luckily the flowers never opened, but it immediately went hasta la bye-bye!! Those males are sneaky little devils!

IMG_0039.jpg

So it's time for an update, here are the two Northern Lights I rescued after my caretaker over watered. They are in phull phlower and are about 7-8 weeks old:

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

These are the youngsters, about 2 weeks old, one was topped yesterday, the others will be topped tomorrow.
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Lastly, the true second planting, they are about phive to six weeks old, one is in stretch/pre-phlower, one is in stretch, but not really pre-phlower (yet) and the third is just vegging away! On the last picture the tiny little one in thr 4" pot is a classic stalled auto, it's the same age as the big one just above it!!!
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Time phor another update, it's been 11 days. I was gone phor phive days, this time no caretaker. They did just phine. I noticed a little yellowing of the leaves on the two oldest plants, so two days ago the plants in phlower/pre-phlower got a good phlush to re-set the soil. Today they got a phull dose of Phox Pharm nutes/calmag. All but two plants are now in phlower, and the two remaining plants are just starting pre-phlower

An overview, you can see the Northern Lights with some yellowing on the right side of the pic:
IMG_0055.jpg

I turned the Hlg up to 100%, and with the two other lights I'm pushing a little over 1000 true watts.
IMG_0057.jpg

Here's the youngest one, in full LST
IMG_0051.jpg

I've been having some issues with heat. I've got two 8" exhaust phans, and one 8" intake phan, plus I keep the tent door open with a box phan blowing in. I am phinding that my temps are around 80-85 degrees phirst thing in the morning after the lights have been on all night. I adjusted the light timing because my garage can get hot in the aphternoon, plus electricity is peak priced from 5PM to 9PM, so the lights go off at about 3:30 PM and come back on 9:30 PM. As soon as I get up, I open the garage door and it cools down to the high 70's, until the aphternoon. If the plants get stinky, I will have problems. I have a portable A/C unit, but I really don't have the available power to run it.
IMG_0056.jpg

Been about a week, so it's time phor an update. Luckily the weather has been on the cool side, and I turned off the "veg" portion of two of my lights, so heat has been manageable, been staying in the 77-83 degree range, about 35-48% RH.

Had some yellowing issues with one Northern Lights, after the phlush,
IMG_0073.jpg

Everyone else is coming along nicely, at this point it's a wait and watch game.
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Been about a week, so it's time phor an update. Luckily the weather has been on the cool side, and I turned off the "veg" portion of two of my lights, so heat has been manageable, been staying in the 77-83 degree range, about 35-48% RH.

Had some yellowing issues with one Northern Lights, after the phlush,
IMG_0073.jpg

Everyone else is coming along nicely, at this point it's a wait and watch game.
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg
Love it when they get the fuzzy bonnets. :yahoo:
Happy healthy crew good work my friend. :welldone:
Hope you have a nice evening.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thought I was having an issue, as two of the plants are real light green in color, then I looked at the tags and phound that they are both the same strain, must just be a phenotype. The two northern lights are philling in nicely. They won't be enormous buds, but I usually have rot issues with huge buds, less so with the medium sized ones, which I prepher.

I was looking at the girls today and noticed a few light green leaves with dark veins and possibly some early cal mag issues. So I decided a phlush was necessary. 3x the volume of the pots. Went well, and hopefully no more phlushes will be necessary. While I was moving them I noticed they’re starting to get some scent. New pics in a few days! Still having problems keeping the temp down below 80.

I was looking at the girls today and noticed a few light green leaves with dark veins and possibly some early cal mag issues. So I decided a phlush was necessary. 3x the volume of the pots. Went well, and hopefully no more phlushes will be necessary. While I was moving them I noticed they’re starting to get some scent. New pics in a few days! Still having problems keeping the temp down below 80.
Phlush :thumb: love it.
Add that one to the vocab ;)
Hope your well Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Been a couple days since the phlush, and things are looking real good, the yellowing leaves are regaining color. The plants directly under the new HLG are noticeably better looking than the ones under the old lights.
Making progress
IMG_0084.jpg

This was one of the original ones that my caretaker overwatered, it made a decent recovery.
IMG_0086.jpg

The rest of the girls
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

We’ll just after posting I went to give the plants I didn’t flush a drink and nutes, mixed everything up and my PH pen is reading all zeros!! Ordered another, I love Amazon, in the description it says order today, you’ll have it tomorrow, then once I purchase it says it’ll be 4 days!

Been a couple days since the phlush, and things are looking real good, the yellowing leaves are regaining color. The plants directly under the new HLG are noticeably better looking than the ones under the old lights.
Making progress
IMG_0084.jpg

This was one of the original ones that my caretaker overwatered, it made a decent recovery.
IMG_0086.jpg

The rest of the girls
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg
It's always handy to have a cheap spare just incase.
Colors are beautiful my friend. :welldone:
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

It's always handy to have a cheap spare just incase.
Colors are beautiful my friend. :welldone:
Hope your having a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Went down to the garage this AM and for giggles I turned on the pen, and it worked!! I'm now a little skeptical of it's accuracy, but I know the PH of my plain tap water and it was right on, so I tested the water and they got a drink. When the new one comes, I'll calibrate the new one and make sure the readings match between the two. I did let the water/nutes sit over night, and it looks like I got a little precipitate at the bottom of the jug.

Back
Top Bottom