Phyto's Phun

An empty tent is a terrible thing to waste, so after a month long delay, due to having the house tented/phumigated for termites, it's time to start an new indoor grow. At least I won't need to worry about creepy crawlies for a while. Hopefully I won't run into heat issues later in the grow. The set-up: 6.5 ft. X 6.5 ft. x 7 ft. tent. Currently I have two Bestva 2000W lights with veg/flower (285w actual draw each). Hoping to add another 400W-500W light soon, but these lights work well for 4 plants. 8" intake fan, 8' exhaust fan. Growing in phresh Phox Pharms Ocean Phorest soil in 15 gal. bags (yeah, it's overkill), Phox Pharm trio nutes w/Bush Doctor. In the process of germination 4 seeds, 2 of my "go to" favorite Northern Lights fem auto, and two Mimosa Lemon fem auto. Follow along and have some phun!

All 4 seeds have popped, two have tails and will go into 4 inch nurse pots tomorrow.

IMG_2303.JPG

An empty tent is a terrible thing to waste, so after a month long delay, due to having the house tented/phumigated for termites, it's time to start an new indoor grow. At least I won't need to worry about creepy crawlies for a while. Hopefully I won't run into heat issues later in the grow. The set-up: 6.5 ft. X 6.5 ft. x 7 ft. tent. Currently I have two Bestva 2000W lights with veg/flower (285w actual draw each). Hoping to add another 400W-500W light soon, but these lights work well for 4 plants. 8" intake fan, 8' exhaust fan. Growing in phresh Phox Pharms Ocean Phorest soil in 15 gal. bags (yeah, it's overkill), Phox Pharm trio nutes w/Bush Doctor. In the process of germination 4 seeds, 2 of my "go to" favorite Northern Lights fem auto, and two Mimosa Lemon fem auto. Follow along and have some phun!

All 4 seeds have popped, two have tails and will go into 4 inch nurse pots tomorrow.

IMG_2303.JPG
Looks good man! Sorry to hear about the bugs!! Me and my wife went through the same thing with those suckers on our house! Hopefully they are all dead! And good luck on the grow!

So this morning I checked the tent, and was greeted with this:

IMG_2307.JPG

The two Northern lights are up, I planted the 2 Lemon Mimosas in their nursery cups yesterday, they should be up in a day or two. Conditions are good, 55% humidity and the temps between 70-77 degrees. I'll be out of town for almost two weeks soon, but I have a friend staying at the house, he'll watch the dogs and take care of the plants. I'll put them in their final pots when I get home. Spending a couple weeks exploring Yellowstone Park.

Edit: Had another visitor this morning, check out the figure had on the boat!
IMG_2304.JPG

Yellowstone Park is awesome, Phyto. My folks took the winter Sno-cat tour through the park. An amazing, beautiful, unique place.
Yeah, I haven't been there since I was 12, about 53 years ago! I just heard the bears are coming out of hibernation right now, how great, hungry, grouchy, bears!

Yeah, Yellowstone requires bear proof coolers...lol! Have a great trip, I've heard how beautiful it is. Its on my bucket list... Seals, yeah now your calling the man in the grey suit! They smell seal poo for miles! Swimmers, beware!

Yeah, Yellowstone requires bear proof coolers...lol! Have a great trip, I've heard how beautiful it is. Its on my bucket list... Seals, yeah now your calling the man in the grey suit! They smell seal poo for miles! Swimmers, beware!
Actually, it’s a really large river otter. We do get the occasional seal, but the water is brackish, so in 60 years I’ve never heard of any sharks being caught this far inland, I’m 36 miles from the ocean. I have seen Mr.Whitey a couple times just past the Golden Gate Bridge! When a shark swims by that’s as big as the boat, it’s awesome and frightening at the same time!!

Actually, it’s a really large river otter. We do get the occasional seal, but the water is brackish, so in 60 years I’ve never heard of any sharks being caught this far inland, I’m 36 miles from the ocean. I have seen Mr.Whitey a couple times just past the Golden Gate Bridge! When a shark swims by that’s as big as the boat, it’s awesome and frightening at the same time!!
Very cool, the otters on our coast are making a comeback in the marsh and a few freshwater locations. I've seen and caught more sharks than I can count. I've even been rubbed by one while windsurfing. Ripped the threads clean off the suit. It looked like a power sander hit it...lol. Otters are much safer and cooler to watch!

This morning they are all up, one is hard to see, because it just broke ground, but they are all good. Going out of town so this will be the last pic for a couple weeks.

IMG_2333.JPG

The plants are in nursery cups, IMHO, they are better than solo cups, and can be re-used almost indefinitely. Next time you buy vegetables or even just visit a nursery they will usually give you these type of pots. Reduces the amount of plastic in the waste stream.

This morning they are all up, one is hard to see, because it just broke ground, but they are all good. Going out of town so this will be the last pic for a couple weeks.

IMG_2333.JPG

The plants are in nursery cups, IMHO, they are better than solo cups, and can be re-used almost indefinitely. Next time you buy vegetables or even just visit a nursery they will usually give you these type of pots. Reduces the amount of plastic in the waste stream.
New babies are looking good Phyto! Will grab a place in the back to follow along.

NTH

One more thought, when I get back from traveling, the babies will be going into their phinal homes, I did some searching and have three different sizes of grow bags, 7.5 Gal., 10 gal., and 15 gal. The plants are autos, and going into Phox Pharms Ocean Phorest soil, so I'm inclined to go with either the 7.5 or 10 gal. I have used 15 gallon with autos, but it might be overkill. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom