Environment: Indoor
Stage: haven't started yet will germinate today
Medium: coast of Maine organic soil with perlite
Lights: 100 Watt LED (mars ts600)
Nutrients: none (might change)
Room/Tent Temperature: 78° lights on
Relative Humidity: shooting for 70% for seedling stage
Watering: as needed with ph'd water

This is an extreme budget grow so hopefully I can encourage others to not worry and pull the trigger and spend well under 200 and grow their own medicine as well. I grow for personal medical use I am by no means trying to grow large quantities just good old 🔥 homegrown for my lungs only. Oh and since I'm on the budget subject I bought 50 feminized auto seeds for 55 bucks with freebies thrown in! Shout out to tiger auto flower for sure keeping them prices on the low low.

Anyways, that's the basics.. I know I could've gone bigger with a 5 gallon pot but if you guys know how tiny a 2x2 space is.. I'd rather keep it simple with just 1 plant, I haven't grown indoors in forever so I will probably make a ton of mistakes.

my tent setup besides things mentioned above is 1 6" clip on fan. A humidifier for the seedling/veg stage. It's dry here in the winter I did a test run with just the lights running it dropped to 39% humidity so I'm definitely going to be running that humidifier. I can always take it out during the flowering phase to make more space. I also have a thermometer (hygrometer? Sorry folks) which measures the temp humidity and vpd inside the tent.

Other things I utilize in my grow is frequent ppfd readings and refer to dli charts to optimize growth at all times. I use the app called photone which I highly recommend to any grower.

I will germinate the seed today so hopefully soon I can make some progress and get this show on the road 😤✌️

PS: I forgot to mention I have no carbon filter or inline fans so I can utilize the space alot more with the light height if needed.

Notice the light height in picture below that thing is hitting just above 200 ppfd at that height. For 60 bucks this light is the balls I caught it on sale .

Bro... I got 80 seeds for $55. The 3 last packs on the bottom are freebies this is insane (30 free seeds). If you plan to make a purchase let em know I sent you.

PXL_20240205_141934864.MP.jpg

PXL_20240205_174344070.jpg

I'm a little concerned about that as well I'm hoping the 6" clip on fan will be enough to keep things moving lol if anything I can always add another one. It's a 100w light I'm definitely not concerned about heat since the room the tent is in is usually 65 year round. theres only so much stuff you can pack in a 2x2 and I figured inline fans would be overkill.

I used the paper towel method for germination left for a couple days came back to a healthy sprout. This will be going into a jiffy pellet until the roots are strong enough to be planted it's final 3 gallon pot.

So I ended up breaking down and buying a cheapy intake fan with controller for like 32 bucks or something like that. It's going to be placed outside of my tent on top and will be sucking air out from the top duct. Other than that it's just a waiting game.

PXL_20240208_145857588.jpg

It's good that you got an extractor. Are you growing in a closet? How does the air get in?

It looks good. I presume smell is not an issue where you live. It will reek.
It's in an extra/spare room, a very small room lol but not as small as a closet. Smell isn't an issue at the moment but I'm going to add a filter when it gets closer to flowering for obvious reasons.

As far as getting air in, well good question I'm not so sure. In such a small space I'm banking on my 6" clip on fan inside that thing is pretty dam strong, along with the exhaust moving the hot air out I should be fine. I think a separate inline fan to bring air in would be rather extreme for a 2x2 lol

I'm growing in a room as well in the UK, so no kind of central air. I leave a window open a bit to circulate fresh air. I take it your tent is sitting out in the room. Fresh air is really important. Mine isn't ideal. I've put a CO2 bag in the tent to compensate. The fan that you have for blowing air is really for inside your tent. I also have a cheap induction fan blowing air into the tent. That allows me to shut all the vents which keeps the light and the smell inside the tent. It's not legal to grow here, so I can't advertise to the neighborhood.

Whatever you get to suck air out of the tent needs to be more powerful than the fan you have blowing air in or it will not work. I offer it as unsolicited advice, because I think I've made most mistakes that new growers make. That was one.

Appreciate it my friend, yes the room is cooled and heated with temps between 65-70F with no extreme highs or lows. If anything I will get a small cheap fan to blow air inside one of the lower vent holes .The extractor fan is rated at just above 200 cfm which is extreme overkill for a 2x2 by my understanding lol. My plan is to run on the lowest setting with the fan controller, it will be here tomorrow so I can fidget around with the controls and see how it works, and what works best.

Sprout still hasn't popped, so much patience is needed from me in this stage it's the most boring but most crucial part lol.

Another update is that my fan came in today. Have it setup on top of tent as an exhaust fan. Thing is sucking the tent walls in and I'm running halfway with controller lol. still waiting for my little PC fan to have air blowing inside one of the vents.

Just to refresh for air circulation I have a 4" inline fan that I'm actually using as an exhaust, a 6" inch oscillating clip on fan inside the tent. And I'll have a PC fan blowing air inside from a separate tent vent . I think I'm set on circulation for now lol. 🤞🏼

PXL_20240210_020352758.jpg

Feb 11th update: we have life! 😁 it just sprouted overnight I noticed it this morning it's still bent at an angle hasn't fully reached upward yet.

So I planted it in the plug on February 8th, I like to document this part because a lot of people leave this out for the new growers who usually have a problem at this stage. Just wait and be patient and make sure it's moist. My seed fell in the hole tail up, I would've done more damage trying to reposition it facing downwards.

Don't let anyone tell you, that you can't plant this way, just because they do it a certain way doesn't mean it's written in stone. It's a weed it finds its way. I didn't have to wrestle the seed off either so that's a win win in my book that's exactly how it popped out the soil.

So I changed my plan again lol originally I was going to transplant into final 3 gallon pot. My new plan is to transplant into 6" pot and then transplant again into final 3 gallon pot the roots should be far more established for the bigger pot. My theory anyway lol ✌🏼

Edit for another update. I added the PC fan to one of the tent vents this thing is blowing the walls out 😆 waiting for lights and exhaust to come on to see how they interact. Ive been on 20/4 light schedule since planting seed. Getting about about 300 ppf not sure about height since I go by the app I mentioned in my intro.
PXL_20240211_195433035.MP.jpg

PXL_20240211_195447042.jpg

Dam, I have heard that too. So you plant straight in a 10 gallon? You think going straight to 3 gallon I'll be better off?
Yes with the disclaimer that I'm no expert (6th grow, 1st auto). I've read it repeatedly. In particular about not stressing an auto early on. What you've got it in now is perfect to open up into your final pot. Just make sure the soil is how you want it BEFORE you pot it.

Day 5 above soil

I don't like those jiffy pellets to much so I decided to transplant into its final 3 gallon pot. I watered around the seedling with about 8 oz of water. It didn't have any structural root system yet, just a single Taproot straight down. Idk, I figured it would make out better in some nice potting soil. Hopefully it makes it and I didn't stress it to much 🙏🏼 haha

PXL_20240216_162809199.jpg

PXL_20240216_162825057.jpg

Hi. From what I’ve read you don’t want to re-pot autos unless you have to. I’d also consider at least a 5 gallon fabric pot. Im using 10 without an issue.
Old info from way back when autos was new and if you looked at an auto the wrong way it stunted growth. This is 20 years ago with the first generations of Lowryders and later crosses. As long as you don't disturb roots you're fine.

Modern Autos are more stable and should be treated like any other plant IMO. My last auto was grown somewhere 2010-2011 and I had no problems transplanting two three times before flower.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom