2x2x5 100W Mars Led Iced Gushers x Bruce Banner Autoflower Grow

Old info from way back when autos was new and if you looked at an auto the wrong way it stunted growth. This is 20 years ago with the first generations of Lowryders and later crosses. As long as you don't disturb roots you're fine.

Modern Autos are more stable and should be treated like any other plant IMO. My last auto was grown somewhere 2010-2011 and I had no problems transplanting two three times before flower.

Cheers!
First thing I'm doing is throwing them peat pellets away lol what a waste.. those pots you are using look like the perfect size to start out in, what are those? 4" or 6"?

First thing I'm doing is throwing them peat pellets away lol what a waste.. those pots you are using look like the perfect size to start out in, what are those? 4" or 6"?
They are 3,15"x3,15"x3,15". Same width as height. 26x for two bucks at the dollar store! I made some extra holes with the soldering iron. I don't touch the substrate going in the containers, meaning I don't pack it down with my hands.

I just fill and tap on the sides til they are full and covered. After a few waterings that leaves you an edge from the soil to the top of the pot making it easier to water. You might end up with some of them falling over early on because of this but it's better to have a overly airy medium for seeds than early wilt off or stunting of growth.

Cheers!

Old info from way back when autos was new and if you looked at an auto the wrong way it stunted growth. This is 20 years ago with the first generations of Lowryders and later crosses. As long as you don't disturb roots you're fine.

Modern Autos are more stable and should be treated like any other plant IMO. My last auto was grown somewhere 2010-2011 and I had no problems transplanting two three times before flower.

Cheers!
Good to know. I'm growing 2 autos for the first time. Do you think the same thing applies to nutes? That is another thing that I've read about halving what you would feed a photo.

Idk ya'll I'm pretty bummed out :( I think I killed this sprout I'm going to wait a week before starting another one but I think this thing is toast. :(

Picture is today Feb 19th. This thing looks like it's 1 day seedling but it sprouted over a week ago.

Edit: notice the discolored cotyledon?
PXL_20240219_162756318.jpg

Idk ya'll I'm pretty bummed out :( I think I killed this sprout I'm going to wait a week before starting another one but I think this thing is toast. :(

Picture is today Feb 19th. This thing looks like it's 1 day seedling but it sprouted over a week ago.

Edit: notice the discolored cotyledon?
PXL_20240219_162756318.jpg
I am no expert and def not the most experienced grower but I think waiting a week is a good idea. The new true leaves still look green and maybe the transplant just delayed the root growth a hair. Also just keep in mind that a little seedling that size in a big pot isn't going to require a ton of waterings. I have killed off my fair share with bad watering practices in big pots lol.

Don't give up yet! I've had seedlings take forever to take off starting out!

It's easy for them to drown when they're little. I plant seeds In a very airy medium and use a pressure sprayer to water in the beginning to not compact the medium and to avoid over watering.

There's always new seeds to put in the ground! I've killed plenty throughout the years!

Cheers!

I am no expert and def not the most experienced grower but I think waiting a week is a good idea. The new true leaves still look green and maybe the transplant just delayed the root growth a hair. Also just keep in mind that a little seedling that size in a big pot isn't going to require a ton of waterings. I have killed off my fair share with bad watering practices in big pots lol.
I agree. Don't give up yet.

On the other hand you've got more seeds than you know what to do with. I was going to mention earlier that you should really have germinated several from the start, but you were already into it. There's no reason you shouldn't do that now unless you have a better use for the seeds. You can pick the one you want to finish later.

I germinated 3 with the expectation that I would end up with two. One of my seeds didn't sprout. That's normal.

Don't give up yet! I've had seedlings take forever to take off starting out!

It's easy for them to drown when they're little. I plant seeds In a very airy medium and use a pressure sprayer to water in the beginning to not compact the medium and to avoid over watering.

There's always new seeds to put in the ground! I've killed plenty throughout the years!

Cheers!

Thanks guys definitely makes me feel better. I am noticing growth for the moment just not what I expected. I'll stick with it and see how it goes for now but I won't update til any more until there's significant growth or if I pop a new one.

As promised I said I would update when anything changes , it's putting out a new set of leaves everyday now yayyyy..

I'm pretty sure my temps have been on the lower side of ideal and it's slowed it down alot. Next time I do a winter grow i will invest in a heating mat to keep the roots warm. My little 100W light doesn't produce much heat lol

photos of the past few days

Average tent temp this month even tho it's early on 73.4 F (temps are lower than I expected I'm using 20/4 light schedule.

Average VPD 1.12

Sorry I had to edit because I had the readings wrong at first.

PXL_20240303_122107589.jpg

PXL_20240302_145835497.jpg

PXL_20240301_124339826.jpg

Day 26 above soil I know she's tiny but thankfully still progressing daily. I transplanted it way to early and shocked the shit out of her other than that should be okay.

PXL_20240309_125157300.jpg
Happy you didn't gave up on her! Looks good!

Cheers! :yummy:

Day 31

The last time I watered was last Thursday, as I was watering I noticed a couple tiny little flies going in out the soil. I put a sticky trap and caught 1 . I might have cropped it too much but these things are tiny, I haven't noticed a lot just a few here and there, my plan is to dry this pot out as much as I can before next watering and hopefully starve them out. I'll keep traps set but literally only caught one so far..

Other than that she's looking pretty good so far 🤞🏼

EDiT: my Google lens told me that it's a flying cave moth 😆 I know it isn't but whatever these f*ckers are, they lay dormant in about every bag of organic soil I buy.

PXL_20240312_104505378.jpg

PXL_20240311_225121547.jpg

Those are fungus gnats. They live and breed in the soil. They eat the roots (which explains the slow growth). You need to water with "mosquito bits". They eat the babies and the larva. Diatamacious earth is something you sprinkle on your soil after each watering. It kills them by cutting them up as they land or crawl out of your soil. Neither have any negative effects on your soil or plant. The sticky tape is good to catch flyers, but its real use is as a monitor. You have to get control of this now. It won't go away on its own.

lifecycle2.jpg

Those are fungus gnats. They live and breed in the soil. They eat the roots (which explains the slow growth). You need to water with "mosquito bits". They eat the babies and the larva. Diatamacious earth is something you sprinkle on your soil after each watering. It kills them by cutting them up as they land or crawl out of your soil. Neither have any negative effects on your soil or plant. The sticky tape is good to catch flyers, but its real use is as a monitor. You have to get control of this now. It won't go away on its own.

lifecycle2.jpg

Appreciate my friend I'm going to get the mosquito bits how exactly do you use it tho? Mix it with water or just just sprinkle dry on soil, thanks

Appreciate my friend I'm going to get the mosquito bits how exactly do you use it tho? Mix it with water or just just sprinkle dry on soil, thanks
I mixed it with water. No reason you can't fit it into the normal feeding schedule, but I would use it as soon as I could. I would add it to the next couple of waters. I treated my soil before I start this grow. I think I got the ratio off of the instructions or via the google god. Let me know if you can't find it. Odds are the gnats were in your soil before you potted the plant.

It took about 2 weeks to get control of it, but I had no idea what I was looking at or doing when I found them in my tent. I live in the UK, so I used nematodes (same principal). If you add the diatomacious earth to the routine, you should see them disappear in about a week or so. If you don't address the adults you will extend your problem at least another week. That's my experience for what it's worth.

I mixed it with water. No reason you can't fit it into the normal feeding schedule, but I would use it as soon as I could. I would add it to the next couple of waters. I treated my soil before I start this grow. I think I got the ratio off of the instructions or via the google god. Let me know if you can't find it. Odds are the gnats were in your soil before you potted the plant.

It took about 2 weeks to get control of it, but I had no idea what I was looking at or doing when I found them in my tent. I live in the UK, so I used nematodes (same principal). If you add the diatomacious earth to the routine, you should see them disappear in about a week or so. If you don't address the adults you will extend your problem at least another week. That's my experience for what it's worth.

I'm just waiting til the soil dries out either today or tomorrow I will water with the mosquito bits. I did use a little hydrogen peroxide last watering I think that may have helped a little bit, other than that she's still progressing. Haven't seen any 🪰 which is good.

Pic is today day 33 above soil.

PXL_20240314_134300990.jpg

Back
Top Bottom