Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

Day 63 and day 25 of flower

Cruising right along! Tent was full of aroma when I opened it this afternoon!

They are pretty much emptying their reservoirs daily now but the ProMix still has plenty of moisture left in it.

Buds are starting to get a little fatter and taller. I’m most certainly going to have to trim the larf off of the bottoms of the Banner and the Watermelon when I get back. Hopefully that’s not too late but it is what it is.

Why not take off the larf before you leave? I start at the end of stretch and don't stop until a few weeks before harvest.
Not sure I will have time. Mom and brother get in tomorrow to look after the kiddos, doggo, chickens, and ducks while the Mrs and I are away. I might be able to squeeze it in :)

Day 66 and day 28 of flower

Got in this morning and was able to get about 75 - 80% of the larf off both the watermelon and the banner.

In the 20 mins or so it took me to do that with the windows open in the grow room the wife was texting me to say it was super stinky up stairs :)

This is the last update until Day 73 and day 35 of flower

I think I have prepped everything as well as I can. Today I am trying to keep the reservoirs as full as I can all day long and then in the morning before the wife and I leave I’m going to top water until it fills the reservoirs and then top off the humidifier and that’s about as much as I can do.

I did make this batch of food slightly stronger, and instead of 5g/gal it is 5.25g/gal thinking it might help to slightly over feed.

Here are today’s pictures

Day 74 and day 36 of flower

Well the wedding gelato and the banner seems to be just fine with the lack of water. The watermelon on the other hand does not look too thrilled…..

I top fed each of them with a gallon each, waited about 20 mins and then filled their reservoirs hoping to recharge the promix from the top rather than having to refill their reservoirs several times. I will still give them a check later today and likely get in and clean up some of that dead stuff on the watermelon. I expect she will make a full recovery. The other two seemed fine.

I was lucky enough to maintain the vpd at 1.40 until Friday when the humidifier ran out and it shot up to over 2.0. Not a huge deal.

Ok here are some pictures from this morning.

Just poked my head in the tent and the watermelon is starting to perk up already. I’m guessing in a few hours she will let me know exactly what needs to stay and what needs to go. It’s all lower stuff that would get cut off anyways so no loss at all.

Now to beef these girls up!!

Just did a good trim job on the watermelon and topped of all of their reservoirs. Everything is looking pretty much back to normal now. The watermelon is still a tad droopy in spots but I didnt want to get to aggressive with the defoliation on her.

IMG_2607.jpeg

Just did a good trim job on the watermelon and topped of all of their reservoirs. Everything is looking pretty much back to normal now. The watermelon is still a tad droopy in spots but I didnt want to get to aggressive with the defoliation on her.

IMG_2607.jpeg
Looks stellar in there. Going to be an awesome haul.

75 and day 37 of flower

They are still SIP’n!!! Watermelon will need some additional trimming this weekend I think. I don’t want to chop all of her water leaves off but most of what’s left are yellowing and still droopy. I’m hoping by the weekend those leaves start to perk up and change color a little bit.

The other two are looking great and didn’t seem to skip a beat with the lack of water.

I’m just at 5 weeks in flower and according to their posted flower times I am pretty much right in the middle of flower. So plenty of time to get these girls some meat and taters to bulk them up a bit.

With that said I have made the move to 5.5g/gal of MC to hopefully give them a little more oomph!

76 and day 38 of flower

Not much new to report today other than the watermelon seems to still be on the struggle bus. Lower leaves are falling off and I’m thinking by the weekend there might not be any leaves that are not in a flower site left on her. Hopefully this does not have much of an effect on her.

The other two are doing fine.

WG and Watermelon both are getting a nice sweet smell to them while the banner is getting some diesel smell going.

Pulled the loop out to try and get a little closer on the flower pics today.

Day 78 and day 40 of flower

Well edging up on week 6 of flower now! The wedding gelato, while short, is beefing up nicely! Banner and Watermelon seem to be chunking up a little as well but not nearly as much as the WG.

When I open the tent I get hit in the face with a nice baked goods more leaning towards cake aroma! It is great! The watermelon and WG are over powering the banner that’s for sure!

Will need to get in and remove some more larf this weekend. Seems I was a bit sloppy on my previous clean up and there are new bud sites popping up way down low.

I am also going to take a look at the charts tomorrow night and see what adjustments, if any, I need to make to my DLI and VPD as it’s been at least 3 weeks since my last change to either of those.

Keep on SIP’n!

Back
Top Bottom