My 2023 Perpetual Grow - Organic, Partial SIP

Well, not much to report this week, but I figured I should post some pics since its been a while.

The OGK #16 after 2 weeks flowering has not stretched worth a damn, and is popping out flowers already. This plant is relatively small, and was kind of small from the beginning. Luckily I have a Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed in soil, which will hopefully come up soon.

That's all for this week, hoping for better things...

I started another Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed a while ago, its been a long while. The first one failed, since I 'helped' it out of the seed pod after it came out of soil it just kind of died off. I don't know why. This second one has sprouted, but it didn't come out of the seed pod again, so I helped it out, and found it only has one leaf growing. This one was pretty slow to come up, but it is growing now.

Lastly, as per the last update is the OGK #16 flowering hard and fast. It looks like I will get a bunch of really dense, small buds at the end of this one. I haven't done any defoliation after the first round because of its small stature and since there is pretty good penetration with the new LED panel vs the old HPS. This one is already starting to stink and show trichomes, so things are progressing well.

:hookah:

Smoke Reports:

Wedding Cake seed #2 @2-3months cure

This plant was allowed to ripen to full maturity, and this is the strongest smelling plant I've grown in a while. The first WC plant I grew had nice terps, but this one was allowed to ripen longer, and experienced two mild droughting sessions.

Bag Appeal: With hints of purple in the leaves, the buds are of mid-density and full of crystals.

Smell / Flavor: Smells like a spicy grapefruit or 'purple' as one person put it.

How it Hits: Pretty strong, straight to the brain, up-type high good for daytime use

Overall: This is one of my favorite plants of recent times. Definitely one I will grow again.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #3 - cured since Nov 2022

This plant came before I really learned techniques here like quadlining, droughting etc, but still came out very nice, producing a lot of weed. Its been curing for over a year.

Bag Appeal: It still looks very nice, the buds have a nice brown-tinge with lots of red hairs and lots of trichomes.

Smell / Flavor: Not the greatest smell, has that 'old-weed' smell mixed with some light funkiness, but isn't altogether bad.

How it Hits: Nice! If you want a strain to help relax and/or sleep, this is one I would recommend. At this point is is super smooth since all the chlorophyl has been worked off. It is definitely a creeper/couch-lock weed, it doesn't take effect immediately like the Wedding Cake.

Overall: Am very impressed! For cannabis that's been curing this long, I expected a larger drop in potency and flavor. This stuff held up really well over time, and I will definitely be sampling more. (My current vegging plant is also BBKxAK47)

That's what I've been sampling recently. Hard work this growing of the weed. :p
:ganjamon:

Smoke Reports:

Wedding Cake seed #2 @2-3months cure

This plant was allowed to ripen to full maturity, and this is the strongest smelling plant I've grown in a while. The first WC plant I grew had nice terps, but this one was allowed to ripen longer, and experienced two mild droughting sessions.

Bag Appeal: With hints of purple in the leaves, the buds are of mid-density and full of crystals.

Smell / Flavor: Smells like a spicy grapefruit or 'purple' as one person put it.

How it Hits: Pretty strong, straight to the brain, up-type high good for daytime use

Overall: This is one of my favorite plants of recent times. Definitely one I will grow again.
Any skunk smell while it was growing?

Ok, thanks. I'm
Not really, I've been trying to find plants that have that old skunky smell but haven't had much luck. This one (from montrealcannabisseeds) is very fruity through and through, maybe undertones of skunky, but not really.
I'm actually looking the other way for stealth reasons, so plants that don't have that typical canna smell is what I'm after. This one is supposed to have vanilla and berry smells/tastes but sounds like yours only had the fruit scents.

My best recommendation from what I've grown would be the BBKxAK47 or OG Kush. Both just smell like dank crystals with very little skunkiness and are pretty potent. The BBK is very vigorous too.

I want something for those evenings where I'm not going anywhere and want to experience the full flavors that this plant has to offer. If anybody has recommendations for some super potent + skunky weed seeds in Canada I would be happy to grow a seed or two out.

Been a slow grow this week, with just the one plant in flower.

The OG Kush seed #16 on day 29 of flower is still pretty small, but the buds have bushed out quite a bit over the last week. Very minimal effort on this lone flowering plant.

Next up I have another dead Blueberry Kush x AK47 plant, the one with the single leaf. I will probably attempt another one once this next seed takes off a bit.

And with that I also have one seed up and just popping out of the soil today. This one is Ghost Train Haze seed #1: the first plant I've grown of this strain. Its supposed to be a potent and 'sativa' leaning plant so I'm hoping it comes out good.

What's growin on y'all?

Its been pretty easy going lately, with only 1 plant in flower and 1 in veg. I have been trying to sprout another BBKxAK47 seed with no luck. Right now I am on seed #8, only having successfully sprouted and grown out 2 of these plants. I'm sure I killed one of the seeds myself, but the others seem to crack open, then either die right away after some slow growth, or sprout a bit then die off. I'm hoping I can get at least one of these seeds to sprout! The results have been pretty good when they take off.

First up this week is the Ghost Train Haze seed #1, coming along nicely after 7 days vegging. Hoping for the best on this one.

Lastly is the OG Kush seed #16 after 35 full days flowering. She has a bit of a sweet smell and the trichomes are really starting to pop out. Very sticky plant, small but of high quality.

:yummy:

Post up your seed starting process if you want the 420 Brain Trust to weigh in. Might be something simple you're doing or overlooking that needs to be addressed.

For example, if they start off great but then wilt at the soil level and die off, that would likely be damping off disease, and something that's easily addressed.

Its very consistent and pretty simple, so I'm assuming bad seeds, but you tell me?

1. Soak in tap-water (I've tried PH'd and straight tap, normally just use tap) 15-18hrs
2. By then the seed is usually cracked, put into wet paper towel until root is around 5-10mm long, keepin dark drawer, air out twice daily
3. Pop into soil once there is a tap root good and visible as above
4. Keep the top of the soil moist

I had no problems in between failing with the BBKxAK47 and sprouting a Ghost Train Haze seed, that one took off easily.
🧐

I don't really have anything running 24/7 that produces much heat, except for my lights, so I just popped the BBK seed into soil after the root came out slightly from the shell. I dimmed the light down and put it close to the soil to keep it warm. After 5 days, its dead. On my last BBKxAK47 seed now, just started soaking it in tap water.

In other news, the Ghost Train Haze seed #1 is coming along nicely after 2-weeks of veg. This plant is almost ready to be topped and trimmed in preparation for more quad-lining. I will start on the standard regimen of Alaska Fish Feed and start watering more heavily, getting the SIP topped up very slowly.

Lastly we have the OGK seed #16 on day 43 of flowering. There is a distinctive, light, sweet smell coming from the flowering area now. The sugar leaves are very heavily coated in large trichomes. This plant isn't taking much water, so I only visit her every 4 or 5 days. Just topped up the SIP this AM, and will let her ride. The first orange hairs have just started to appear.

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom