My 2023 Perpetual Grow - Organic, Partial SIP

Well I decided today was the day. I just put the Gelato #7 plant into flowering after only 37 days vegging and did some light defoliation as well as tucking-in of some big leaves. Now the plant has a pretty even canopy and is under the new Vipar XS2500 LED panel. I adjusted the light back to manufacturer recommended spacing and height which should provide a DLI of about 35 or better throughout the entire canopy. I put it into flower now because with the big-assed Wedding Cake plant there is hardly any room left under the light.
The ventilation causes the sides of the tent to suck in quite a bit, so its not quite a 4x4 space. I need to figure out a way to keep them pushed outward with some more bars on the sides or something.
At this rate I have a max of 50 days to finish flowering the WC plant while the new OG Kush seed #16 seedling comes to life. Plenty of time, so the timing should work out nicely! Will see how damn big this Gelato plant stretches into the first weeks of flowering.

Well I decided today was the day. I just put the Gelato #7 plant into flowering after only 37 days vegging and did some light defoliation as well as tucking-in of some big leaves. Now the plant has a pretty even canopy and is under the new Vipar XS2500 LED panel. I adjusted the light back to manufacturer recommended spacing and height which should provide a DLI of about 35 or better throughout the entire canopy. I put it into flower now because with the big-assed Wedding Cake plant there is hardly any room left under the light.
The ventilation causes the sides of the tent to suck in quite a bit, so its not quite a 4x4 space. I need to figure out a way to keep them pushed outward with some more bars on the sides or something.
At this rate I have a max of 50 days to finish flowering the WC plant while the new OG Kush seed #16 seedling comes to life. Plenty of time, so the timing should work out nicely! Will see how damn big this Gelato plant stretches into the first weeks of flowering.
that cake always stacks man! crazy shit there nice n short tight noded biatches the 2nd one barely wants to coem out the pot lol

Been a good week for growin, but I'll keep it short, mostly pics.

First up this week is the OGK seed #16 after 8 full days out of soil. I hope it starts to take off a bit soon.

Next is the Gelato seed #7 coming in on day 7 of flowering. She took off quite a bit over the last week, and I hope this next week is the same.

Last is the Wedding Cake seed #2 on day 49 of flowering. This one is just sitting there getting fat and stinking up the place.

:yummy:

First up this week is the OGK seed #16 after 8 full days out of soil. I hope it starts to take off a bit soon.
That's a pretty small seedling in a pretty big pot so it will take a bit for the roots to populate. But, it's a SIP so no worries there. Just be sure not to let the soil get too wet early and it'll be fine.

Cool beans. I've just been lightly watering the top layer of soil and letting it dry out between feedings, so I think I should be good there? They usually take a bit to get started then take off like lightning in these SIP pots.
Tru dat. :thumb:

Whats growing on pplz? Time for another Saturday update!

First up is the OG Kush seed #16 on day 16 veg which was just topped and trimmed of lower branches the other day, after 14 days veg. This sets up another quad-lining session and I will use a similar technique to the Gelato plant I have growing.
This involves leaving all the leaves on the plant and suppressing the inner branching right up until flowering when I do light defoliation and let the inner branches finally see daylight. This will allow me to grow a shorter, wider plant that takes up a bigger footprint with less veg time, since the outer 4 branches are getting all the light, while the inner branches are trained down and outwards, under the big leaves. Its all about square footage of the canopy and DLI of the lighting since I have the other variables taken care of pretty well.

Next up is the Gelato seed #7 on day 14 of flowering and no sign of flowers. This plant sure has stretched over the last week, taking up a lot of water and setting up nicely for buds to start forming. I'm hoping to get something more similar to the first Gelato seed that I grew, very stretchy with huge bracts or what most people call calyxes. Still feeding veg feed for the stretch, and will probably switch to flowering nutes sometime in the next week or two depending on how she goes.

Lastly is the Wedding Cake seed #2 all dressed up in her fall colors, on day 56 of flowering. I have started flushing with just water and will do one droughting treatment this week after watering yesterday, and another right before the chop. You can see in the pics this plant takes up about the same amount of room as the Gelato plant which only had around 5 weeks of veg time instead of the usual 7 weeks. I'm betting on similar harvest sizes because the Gelato plant is still stretching and the square footage of the canopy is the same.

All in all this is turning out to be a great winter. My VPD is currently right on the money through the days and nights partly due to the new LED panel and lower daytime temps, the plants are all healthy and happy, watering is a breeze due the SIPs and I find myself wishing I had the resources and legal ability to grow more plants! Too bad more people aren't able to grow this wonderful plant, what a cool hobby this is!

OK, up first this week of course is the OG Kush seed #16 after 22 days veg. The leaves are cupped a bit, the light may be a bit close, so I will adjust. This one is taking off nicely and the SIP is in action so this should be a pretty easy grow. I will try again doing no defoliation until flowering, using the leaves to suppress the inner branching. This allows the main 4 branches to continue growing and stretching more so I can get another wide & low plant.

Next up is the Gelato seed #7 on day 21 of flowering and damn! This plant is super stretchy like the first Gelato plant I sprouted, so I am hoping the buds and end result are similar. It is now slightly bigger than the Wedding Cake which had a much longer veg time. The buds just popped out and showed themselves the other day, so it took almost 3 weeks to start flowering. This usually means its going to be a long flowering session compared to the WC which popped buds at 2 weeks.

And with that we have the Wedding Cake seed #2 coming in on day 63 of flowering. The buds are looking real nice at this point, still getting fatter with very few white hairs left and it still doesn't seem finished. I will start checking the trichs soon and see about a harvest date. This is day 9 of a droughting session as well.

And lastly a shot of the flowering area:
:rollit:

Another week another update!

Here we have the OG Kush seed #16 coming in after 29 days vegging and she kind of took off over the last week, but this strain always seems to fight hard against the training, developing short internode spacing and thick main stems. The SIP is working great once again and I am not having to water very often at all.

Next up is the Gelato seed #7 on day 28 of flowering and once again, damn! This plant never stopped stretching! Its huge! I'll let it be at that and let the pics speak for themselves.

Lastly is the Wedding Cake seed #2 on day 70 of flowering. The bud areas are showing some nice fall colors and I'll give this one another week or two to finish up, since I have lucked out on the timing of the vegging plant vs the end of flowering for this one. Getting excited for harvest!

Ok, up first again this week is the OG Kush seed #16 on day 37 of veg. This plant is nowhere near as big as the (currently flowering) Gelato was on day 37 of vegging, but the internode spacing is much shorter, so there will be more branches. This one is coming along fine, kind of boring with the SIP, but I like it this way. A nice healthy plant, growing at a nice pace, with little to no work on my part. Again, I am testing out no defoliation until flowering, letting the big leaves control the inner branching, keeping the 4 main branches growing outward.

Next up is the Gelato seed #7 on day 35 of flowering. This plant finally stopped stretching, now its just the buds that should grow, and growing they are! This plant is kind of huge for only 5.5 weeks vegging, and I'm really happy with it. Once I harvest the other flowering plant, there should be room to stretch this one out a bit more, since the tallest main branches can be stretched out a bit, I just don't do it because the footprint of my LED panel is only 2'x2'. All in all, very proud of this plant!

Lastly is the Wedding Cake seed #2 on day 77 of flowering. Its been a long time coming, but what's another week? It looks ready, but I want to ensure lots of amber trichomes since this plant normally provides a pretty up type high, and I want to balance that out with some more lows. She was watered a bit about 4 days ago, and I will let her drought now until the very end.

Finally, a shot of the flowering area:

Ok, up first again this week is the OG Kush seed #16 on day 37 of veg. This plant is nowhere near as big as the (currently flowering) Gelato was on day 37 of vegging, but the internode spacing is much shorter, so there will be more branches. This one is coming along fine, kind of boring with the SIP, but I like it this way. A nice healthy plant, growing at a nice pace, with little to no work on my part. Again, I am testing out no defoliation until flowering, letting the big leaves control the inner branching, keeping the 4 main branches growing outward.

Next up is the Gelato seed #7 on day 35 of flowering. This plant finally stopped stretching, now its just the buds that should grow, and growing they are! This plant is kind of huge for only 5.5 weeks vegging, and I'm really happy with it. Once I harvest the other flowering plant, there should be room to stretch this one out a bit more, since the tallest main branches can be stretched out a bit, I just don't do it because the footprint of my LED panel is only 2'x2'. All in all, very proud of this plant!

Lastly is the Wedding Cake seed #2 on day 77 of flowering. Its been a long time coming, but what's another week? It looks ready, but I want to ensure lots of amber trichomes since this plant normally provides a pretty up type high, and I want to balance that out with some more lows. She was watered a bit about 4 days ago, and I will let her drought now until the very end.

Finally, a shot of the flowering area:

looking good going to be a busy chop day

Harvest Day! Very excited to chop this morning! This one has come a long way.

First up this week will be the oldest plant for a change. Here we have the Wedding Cake seed #2 finished up after 12 weeks flowering and smelling funky. This plant started out nice and popped out buds after only 2 weeks in 12/12. She has been through 2 droughts, one light drought in late flowering and one right before the chop. I like to do this at the end to help the plant finish off, so the leaves get eaten up/dry out and essentially start the drying process while the plant is still in soil.

Next up is the OG Kush seed #16 after 43 days vegging. She still looks a bit small, but you can't see all the branching underneath the leaves. I will defoliate her in a week when I put her into 12/12 cycles and finish trying out this new non-defoliation technique (new for me) during quad-lining.

Last but not least is the Gelato seed #7 coming in hot on day 42 of flowering. I've included a progression pic so peeps can see how much she stretched and how big the flowers have already gotten. This one took almost 3 weeks to start popping out flowers, and is showing a lot of Sativa traits, so I expect a long flowering session here. If the last two Gelato plants I grew taught me anything, it is to expect some really nice, big flowers at the end with a very nice terpene profile along with high potency. It seems there is a Sativa-like pheno and a Indica-like pheno, and it looks like got the one I wanted out of this seed.

I got some new seeds coming in and will pop one probably over the next week since the OGK is ready to go into flowering soon. More to come!
:passitleft:

Smoke Report:
OG Kush seed #15:

Harvested on Christmas day, after 154 days total Veg + Flower, 92 days flowering, this weed came out pretty good!

Bag Appeal: It looks really nice. The buds are dense and tight, they are coated in trichomes, and the funky dank smell lurches out at you when you open a jar.

Smell / Flavor: It has a very light terpene profile that can only be described as "dank". There isn't much smell, but the smell that is there is pretty nice. It doesn't smell like fruity or perfume or anything normal, it just smells like dank crystals.

How it Hits: Nice! After only 2 months drying and curing, this weed is hitting pretty nice. Its a more of an up or daytime high than I'm used to from the OG Kush, but I'll take it. Pretty smooth going in and it hits you on the way out.

Overall: Not quite as heavy a stone as the Blueberry Kush x AK47, it won't put you to sleep right away, but if you keep hitting the pipe, it will. I am impressed with the OG Kush because of its consistency from seed. Even though it tends to be a smaller plant, it produces tight, dank nugs with lots of crystals and hits hard once dried and cured.

So my Gelato seed #7 plant, after 82 days of effort, 45 days of which were flowering, has nanners popping out of the top buds. There are only a few right now, but of course its going to get worse. What a shame, this plant was growing so well... Going to have to chop it. Went to water it and afterward discovered the nanners.

Smoke Report:
OG Kush seed #15:

Harvested on Christmas day, after 154 days total Veg + Flower, 92 days flowering, this weed came out pretty good!

Bag Appeal: It looks really nice. The buds are dense and tight, they are coated in trichomes, and the funky dank smell lurches out at you when you open a jar.

Smell / Flavor: It has a very light terpene profile that can only be described as "dank". There isn't much smell, but the smell that is there is pretty nice. It doesn't smell like fruity or perfume or anything normal, it just smells like dank crystals.

How it Hits: Nice! After only 2 months drying and curing, this weed is hitting pretty nice. Its a more of an up or daytime high than I'm used to from the OG Kush, but I'll take it. Pretty smooth going in and it hits you on the way out.

Overall: Not quite as heavy a stone as the Blueberry Kush x AK47, it won't put you to sleep right away, but if you keep hitting the pipe, it will. I am impressed with the OG Kush because of its consistency from seed. Even though it tends to be a smaller plant, it produces tight, dank nugs with lots of crystals and hits hard once dried and cured.

some mighty good looking bud & smoke report sounds like a winner

Thanks @con !

Alright, kind of a sad week with the Gelato being chopped due to nanners, but things are still coming along OK.

First up is a BBKxAK47 seed #5, out of a freshly ordered pack of seeds, I am hoping for something similar to the last BBKxAK47 plant I grew which was pretty awesome, producing about 8 ounces of top quality Kush. This seed was soaked for about 15hrs then put into a soaked paper towel to sprout. It took less than 24hrs to crack open.

Lastly is the OGK seed #16 after 50 days veg and going into flower today. I've taken a before and after shot showing the difference after defoliation, which I did this AM. Again I've been testing an adjustment to the quad-lining technique, no defoliation till flower, and today is the day. This plant has really short internode spacing so it has popped out a kind of ridiculous number of buds.

I got some freebie seeds plus another new sativa dominant strain which I will pop soon. I think more stretchy plants are better suited to quad-lining. Stay tuned to see what comes next!

:ganjamon:

Its been one of those days, harvest day that is!

I stayed up late trimming because the weed was ready even though I wasn't, still have to jar it but managed to get through the trim. All in all I harvested 163g or 5.75ounces of top shelf nugs from the Wedding Cake seed #2. The buds are sticky, gooey and the smell is pretty amazing, although quite similar to the Wedding Cake seed #1. Its all I can smell right now but I like it.
The pics below show the crystals from a medium-sized nug, although its kind of hard to see the amber trichomes, you can see some are starting to wither up a bit and getting older. This one seems to have come out just right! I tried out a little bit and things are promising. It still had that recent-harvest taste of chlorophyl, but besides that it was pretty good, and provides a nice strong hit. Pretty darn happy with this plant! Will grow again.

:Rasta:

Thx Azi! Its like a fruit cocktail of smells, hard to describe, but I get strong fruity smells, kind of perfumy in that it has characteristics of a lingering perfume. One person said Grape, another said Citrusy, while I say its a mix of both plus some other elements. Then there is a kind of spicey backend that hits you straight in the nose. Kind of a spicey grapefruit mixed lightly with other fruits.
I'd say it has its own smell, never quite smelled weed like this before, so I would be able to identify other Wedding Cakes from this breeder.

Back
Top Bottom