Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

That WG is really putting on the weight!
Yeah she is doing good! I did notice some yellowing on her in the middle under the top canopy from when I was gone. Not a huge deal at all, I will clean her up a bit this weekend. But she’s doing good on the bud size.

Day 71 and day 43 of flower

Things are progressing nicely!! Wedding Gelato buds are getting nice and fat with a great aroma!

Watermelon’s colas were starting to get a gangster lean so I had to get there and string them up for some additional support. I am assuming it won’t be long before I need to do that with the banner as well.

I did some trimming yesterday and did a quick dry on some banner and watermelon and took it to a get together yesterday and never ended up getting into them. I will ask for a report back once they do. I have some of the banner hanging here at home as well for testing purposes :)

I will need to get in there with the digi scope next weekend and start keeping an eye on them for harvest. They will all be at the 7 week in flower mark then and in their marketed harvest window, if that means anything.

Day 72 and day 44 of flower

They are still drinking about 2 gallons a day between the 3 plants. Smell is amazing and they are looking healthy!

Didn’t seem to mind the jump to 5.5gr/gal of MC.

VPD is right in line at 1.5 on average and my DLI is actually a tad high at 46.48 on average and that is with my lights at 75% power and on average 11” from the canopy. I’m just going to let that ride if they continue to grow into the light then I take that as they can handle it.

Pulled out the digi scope and see some amber on some of the sugar leaves. But none of them are showing signs that they are ready yet.

Day 73 and day 45 of flower

Just a waiting game at this point. Keep them fed and happy and wait until they are ready for the chop!! I hope that I’m able to chop them all at once but I’m thinking that the Banner and Watermelon will go 2 weeks before the Wedding Gelato. Which means that I’m going to have to cardboard box those 2 for drying. Fortunately I have my inkbird to control humidity levels. So I can hook up a spare humidifier and a spare exhaust fan and control humidity levels like that. Then I will just need to pop in a circulating fan to keep air moving.

Not the best case scenario but still more equipped than I was for my last grow. But still hope I can chop all at once and hang in the tent. More space and no need to set up additional equipment.

Maybe I should grab me one of those handy dandy wood moisture sensors for this grow.

Day 73 and day 45 of flower

Just a waiting game at this point. Keep them fed and happy and wait until they are ready for the chop!! I hope that I’m able to chop them all at once but I’m thinking that the Banner and Watermelon will go 2 weeks before the Wedding Gelato. Which means that I’m going to have to cardboard box those 2 for drying. Fortunately I have my inkbird to control humidity levels. So I can hook up a spare humidifier and a spare exhaust fan and control humidity levels like that. Then I will just need to pop in a circulating fan to keep air moving.

Not the best case scenario but still more equipped than I was for my last grow. But still hope I can chop all at once and hang in the tent. More space and no need to set up additional equipment.

Maybe I should grab me one of those handy dandy wood moisture sensors for this grow.

You should check out @Carcass drying box he built out of a cardboard box and cheap computer fans, really simple but effective.

The girls look spectacular and healthy. Some awesome trich shots.

You should check out @Carcass drying box he built out of a cardboard box and cheap computer fans, really simple but effective.

The girls look spectacular and healthy. Some awesome trich shots.
Thanks for the info there. I will have to look into what he had made :)

Day 74 and day 46 of flower

No real update for today. Fed them rough 1.75 gallons today between the 3 plants. Seems to be an uptick in consumption in the last 5 - 7 days.

I will need to get in there at do some more defol and cola supporting this weekend. On the Wedsing Gelato where the cotyledons were, that are dead, has a bunch of new sprouts than have flowered right off the main stalk of the plant….

In other news all chickens are laying and as of this week now both ducks are laying :) here are some black eggs from our Cayuga :)

IMG_2692.jpeg

That was the name of a dorm where I went to college! Do black eggs taste the same as white eggs?
Interesting. That’s a type of duck and yes taste like your typical duck egg.

We currently get brown in multiple shades, and green chicken eggs and then white and black duck eggs. All are way better than you can get from the store. We have 4 more chicks coming in 2 weeks to make it a total of 9 chickens and 2 ducks.

Not to mention an Iroquois tribe!

"The name Cayuga means "People of the wet lands." They belong to the Iroquoian language family, and were one of the original Five Nations of the League of the Iroquois, who traditionally lived in New York. The Five Nations were the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Seneca and Cayuga."
I had no idea!!

Day 75 and day 47 of flower

Not sure what happened but I had an issue with my controllers sensor and it was not reading temp or humidity, nor were my intake or exhaust fans on all day long.

I could smell it as soon as I walked in the door. Got into the grow room and it smelled of fresh baked strawberry muffins!!

Opened the ten and holy cow it was like the Amazon in there!! Hot and humid with condensation on the tent walls.

Unplugged and reset the sensor and whamo! Everything back up to normal. Not sure what that was all about. But I am thinking of raising my target VPD to 1.8 for the next 48-72 hours to ensure there was not too much moisture in there for this stage of flower. Last thing I want is mold again…..

Plants look fine though :)

Good catch...phewf!
Just hoping it doesn’t create an issue…. I’m a little nervous, especially with my last grow that got bud rot/mold.

This time around I had all the environmental elements under control and this this happens hahahah. Oh well I’m sure they will be fine. I’m just going to unplug the humidifier until Monday and run them in arid conditions until then to try and dry out a tad :)

Just hoping it doesn’t create an issue…. I’m a little nervous, especially with my last grow that got bud rot/mold.

This time around I had all the environmental elements under control and this this happens hahahah. Oh well I’m sure they will be fine. I’m just going to unplug the humidifier until Monday and run them in arid conditions until then to try and dry out a tad :)
How dry do you usually keep it that you often have a humidifier running?

Back
Top Bottom