G-1-3 Growing Auto CBD & THC

g-one-three

After a successful first run with photoperiod girls, I'm going to try my hand at an auto flower grow. This is my first ever auto grow and I'm hoping that things go as smooth as my first photo grow did. The seeds haven't been started yet because I'm currently drying my previous harvest in the tent but things are getting prepped.

Strains: Sensi Seeds Jack47, Sensi Seeds Sweet Pure CBD, White Widow CBD 1:1
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Autoflower
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon SIP
Tent Size: 4' x 2' x 5' @VIVOSUN tent
How Many Plants: 3
Medium: Mother Earth Groundswell
Equipment: @VIVOSUN 200w Aerolight Wing SE, 100w Aerolight, E6 oscillating fan, Aerozesh G4 inline, Growhub E42A
Nutrients: Gaia Green, @DYNOMYCO

The plan is direct plant into the SIP, so no up potting on these. The soil was amended with Gaia Green All Purpose (2tbsp/gal), Power Bloom (1tbsp/gallon), Glacial Rock dust (1tbsp/gallon), Worm Castings (1c/gallon), perlite (.5c/gallon) and Dynomyco before being added to the SIP's. Afterwords I topped with diatomaceous earth because the buckets will be in my garage for a week or so.
PXL_20240315_000513505.jpg
PXL_20240315_002928530.jpg
PXL_20240315_003447525.jpg

The seeds will go into a wet paper towel this weekend. I will update as I go. Thanks for stopping by.

Ok so apparently I typed this up when I was testing my last harvest because I messed up my seed strain companies. They are Sweet Seeds strains not Sensi Seeds, my apologies. This is what it should look like.

Strains: Sensi Sweet Seeds Jack47, Sensi Sweet Seeds Sweet Pure CBD, White Widow CBD 1:1(@North Atlantic Seed Co freebie)
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Autoflower
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon SIP
Tent Size: 4' x 2' x 5' @VIVOSUN tent
How Many Plants: 3
Medium: Mother Earth Groundswell
Equipment: @VIVOSUN 200w Aerolight Wing SE, 100w Aerolight, E6 oscillating fan, Aerozesh G4 inline, Growhub E42A
Nutrients: Gaia Green, @DYNOMYCO

PXL_20240323_152014007.jpg

Seeds were in paper towels for 24hrs and the white widow and Jack47 showed tails so I put them directly into the SIP's with @DYNOMYCO which have been pre watered and sitting moist for 1 week per Gaia Green directions.

Good luck brother. May the Lord bless you with large yields. :)
Thanks, hoping for a great first auto run!

Looking Good :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill, glad to have you along.

Just don't fill the reservoirs too early. Treat the container like a normal one with watering lightly from the top until they catch since with autos you don't want to stunt them right out of the gate.
I partially filled the reservoir to soak the soil through about a week ago, but for the first 2 weeks I'm planning on top watering.

The beginning looks quite promising, let there be GROWTH!
Thank you, the best laid plans and all... Haha

Welcome @Carmen Ray, I know autos are your specialty so I'm glad to have you along.

Thanks, hoping for a great first auto run!

Thanks Bill, glad to have you along.

I partially filled the reservoir to soak the soil through about a week ago, but for the first 2 weeks I'm planning on top watering.

Thank you, the best laid plans and all... Haha

Welcome @Carmen Ray, I know autos are your specialty so I'm glad to have you along.
Thanks g-one-three, I've got a lot to learn still! I can point you towards the growers for whom I'd consider autos a specialty :passitleft:

I was planning on doing an update on all three girls but I am having trouble getting the CBD seeds to germinate. I've gotten the start of tails on the first 2 seeds but they didn't get longer than a millimeter over the course of a week. I've dropped 2 more and hopefully these will take. If not my back up plan is a zkittlez auto seeds a friend traded me, this one will take longer to finish than the the other 2 autos but it's no problem.

Jack47
PXL_20240330_175738851.jpg

White Widow 1:1
PXL_20240330_175735668.jpg

To much longer and it'll just be a two horse race lol
The most frustrating thing about germination delays, is the delay in schedule and rescheduling. It really is a waste of time.

The most frustrating thing about germination delays, is the delay in schedule and rescheduling. It really is a waste of time.
Well I guess the Sweet Pure CBD seed heard me complaining and when I checked tonight I could see a smidgen of green poking through the soil! Fingers crossed there's a healthy tap root beneath it and it will be making its grand entrance.

I'll keep the pics of the seedlings to a minimum because this is the most boring stage to me lol.

While we wait, here's a description taken from the breeders websites of the seeds that are started.

SWEET PURE AUTO CBD®
DESCRIPTION
6th Generation autoflowering strain. Our first “CBD pure” cannabis autoflowering strain, with very low THC levels of under 1%, between 0,4-0,9%, and high levels of cannabidiol (CBD) of around 8-20%.
The THC:CBD ratio stands between 1:15 and 1:23.
Specially designed to satisfy the needs of therapeutic cannabis users who prefer to avoid the psychoactive effects of THC.

The aromas of this strain are sweet and fruity with citrus tones and a touch of cypress.

DATA SHEET SWEET PURE AUTO CBD®
Variety:SWS75
Indica:55%
Sativa: 44,6%
Ruderalis: 0,4%
THC: 0,4-0,9%
CBD: 8-20%
Ratio THC:CBD: (1:15-1:23)
Indoor Yield: 350-450 g/m²
Outdoor Yield: 50-150 g/plant
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest:
8 weeks from germination
Height: 50-80 cm
Effects: Medicinal
Taste: Cypress, Fruity, Pine tree, Sweet

JACK 47 AUTO®
DESCRIPTION
3rd Generation autoflowering strain. This hybrid is the result of a cross between an autoflowering Jack Herer from the Sweet Seeds® R&D Department and our elite clone of AK 47.

Probably the most potent autoflowering strain available in the market. This is a very productive autoflowering plant with abundant, compact and very resinous buds.

The aromas and tastes of this strain are sweet, fresh, lemony and with hints of incense.

DATA SHEET JACK 47 AUTO®
Variety: SWS31
Indica: 20%
Sativa: 76,9%
Ruderalis: 3,1%
THC: 18-21%
CBD: 1,1%
Indoor Yield:
450-600 g/m²
Outdoor Yield:
50-200 g/plant
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest:
9 weeks from germination
Height: 50-120 cm
Effects: Creativity, Psychoactive, Stimulating
Taste: Citrus, Lemon, Incense, Cool, Sweet

Strain Information

Breeder
North Atlantic Seed Bulk/White Label

Genetics
High CBD x White Widow

Cannabis Type
Feminized Autoflower

Indica / Sativa / CBD
CBD Hybrid

Flowering Time 60 – 70 days

Height 4.92 ft

Yield Indoors: 400 – 450 gr/m² ; Outdoors: 60-170 g/plant

CBD 6% – 7%

Terpene Profile
Alpha-Pinene, Beta-Caryophyllene, Caryophyllene, Guaiol, Humulene, Isopulegol, Neryl-acetate

Flavor Profile
Citrus, Herbal, Lemon

Jack 47, 6 days since sprout
PXL_20240403_021140479.jpg

White Widow 1:1, 6 days since sprout
PXL_20240403_021144720.jpg

Sweet Pure CBD, still trying to sprout
PXL_20240403_021153078.jpg

I'm just lightly misting the CBD seedling and keeping it covered just to hopefully keep the shell moist. It's root is in the ground but not very deep yet, I think the root started growing up before burying into the soil.

Three days made a huge difference in two of the girls but I may be using my backup CBD seedling because the one in the SIP is just not making progress.

I'm thinking of topping these 2 girls, but I don't know if I should. Lol I have the first auto grow jitters.

The SIP's on the 2 bigger girls got their first 1/2 gallon fill to try and force the roots down to the reservoir. I'll top water once more and after that it will only be top watering in Nutes.

Jack47
PXL_20240409_014652377.jpg

PXL_20240409_014648777.jpg

Sweet Pure
PXL_20240409_014712562.jpg

Sweet Pure backup plant
PXL_20240409_014709451.jpg

Pretty neat non MJ related experience today
PXL_20240408_191635746.NIGHT.jpg

Today I pulled Sweet Pure CBD seedling out of the SIP and replaced it with the back up plant. The White Widow has its leaves out straight soaking up the light. The Jack47 is kind of curling, I stuck my finger into the soil and it was dry done about 3 knuckles so I gave it about 16oz of water.

PXL_20240410_002613467.jpg

Back
Top Bottom