Perpetual Mini Mother House

Better to over water than to die while away.:goodluck:
They were in mini swicks before so hopefully they make the easy transition to the bigger one. Fingers crossed.
Best of luck with the trip and plants while you're away!
Thank you and my trip is ending way sooner than currently expected. Turns out there were some issues with the testing process and we only had a small number of issues to remediate. I'll actually be heading home Sunday at the latest! Can't wait to see how things are progressing.

I am yet again sick which is getting old but because of it I haven't been keeping up with my mini mother's. When I checked on them to take update pictures today, they were in desperate need of water. I gave away the OG Kush plant to a friend to make room for the @North Atlantic Seed Co Dirty Bird Tester, Dark Souls, seedlings I started.

Purple Lemonade
PXL_20240330_204651681.jpg

Pineapple Kush
PXL_20240330_204654725.jpg

Tropicana Cookie
PXL_20240330_204657809.jpg

The bonsai Jack 47 auto mistake plant is coming to the end, maybe the next two weeks. Really a cool plant shape, not much in the way of weight but still fun to grow.
PXL_20240330_183105091.jpg
PXL_20240330_175902023.jpg
PXL_20240329_190939109.jpg

So as much as I love the Mini House and how successful it has been growing the mothers to clone, I'm getting about 4 clones from each mother every 2 weeks, the time has come to go a little bigger. I am looking at a 2x2x4 for an upgrade. I was thinking a little bit bigger but I don't have the room (or the ok from the boss). The tent should be here by the end of the week.

The Mother House is getting slightly bigger and the @North Atlantic Seed Co Dirty Bird's Dark Soul, came up and is really taking off. Should make an awesome addition.
PXL_20240403_021230341.jpg

The big move has happened and while I am a fan of Vivosun I picked up a 2x2x4.5 from @Mars Hydro for the new mother tent/veg out.

I'm still planning on bonsai pots for the mothers and keeping them trimmed and smallish. I may even keep an Auto in a bonsai pot again because the Jack47 mix up was a fun little project. There is so much room for activities haha.

My clones in perlite aren't going that well but eventually I'll get the hang of it. The Pineapple Kush is really growing odd so it got up potted and it should come back to life.
PXL_20240406_013016085.jpg

How long ago did you cut those clones? The leaves often start to get discolored once they start to root and those look hungry.

Also, I don't give mine any direct light while they're rooting as I don't want them trying to grow. I have mine off to the side with a cardboard baffle to block any direct light.

Ehh about 2 weeks ago, one out of the 16 had roots. I was thinking the same thing so I removed a couple of the yellowing ones to check and not even a white lump to be found. I really don't need clones right now, I'm just practicing for the future when I do.

I didn't use any rooting stuff on these so that could possibly improve my chances. I'll trim back the mothers again and try again lol. I'll get it eventually.

Yeah, I've found cloning to be very personal. What works great for some doesn't for others. Probably the biggest factor nobody talks much about is environment. I've found in the cool, dry air of winter I needed a heat mat and a dome for a few days.

Just keep tweaking things to find your jam.

Everyone is responding to the bonsai wire bending really well. They all also got fed, 1/2tbsp on the big mothers and 1tsp on the smaller mother.

I took some more "clones" and used riot root plugs and foop organic root gel. New cuttings new tries lol.

Also I have started my new auto bonsai girl. I gave a friend who just started growing for the first time ever, a plant and seeds so he gave me an auto seed he had purchased. So Zkittlez has entered the Mini Mother House.

PXL_20240411_020705236.jpg

All the plants got fed tonight and watered in. Things are def looking green in the Mother Tent. I decided to pop another auto and grow it in the bonsai pot. Zkittlez is the auto and it's going to be another fun project.

PXL_20240418_010624712.jpg

PXL_20240418_010620829.jpg

As summer rolls around I'm going to start to do preventative sprays on the mothers to keep pests at bay.

Back
Top Bottom