LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Gaby (Herbies Seeds Gorilla Glue #4 Auto) ** Final Update **

Sprouted : Oct 31 2023
Begin Flower : Nov 26 2023 (Day# 27)
Moved to 4x4 : Dec 6 2023 (Day# 37, fday# 11)
Harvested : Feb 17 2024 (Day# 110,fday# 84)
Bucked/Bagged : Mar 2, 2024 (Drying day# 14)

Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with FFHF & Dynomyco
Nutrients: MC, Sweet Candy, Epsom
Pests: Fungus Gnats

This is the final wrap-up for Gaby, a Herbies US Express Gorilla Glue# 4 Auto. She was really a monster of a plant, filling up her space in the @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis before moving to her own Vivosun 4x4 under the VSF6450. I reduced the nutrients too much too early, so she struggled a bit to finish up. By the end she didn't have any leaves left, so was an easy trim :)

I finally got the Vivosun Auto Oasis Annex all cleaned up. First job was breaking down the SIP bucket. I'm definitely sold on the garden fabric+river rocks on the top of the SIP. The fabric makes separating the rocks from the soil really easy, just scoop them off the fabric. Together, they do a great job of keeping the roots all the way to the top of the SIP. When I peel back the fabric you can see the roots right at the top, and you can see lots of roots near the top of the feed hole (with pipe removed).

This lady had more roots that I've ever seen. The SIP roots were thick dense near the bottom, more so that usual. Usually I see a lack of roots in the middle/top of the SIP bucket, but not with this lady. She had well established and thick roots all through the middle and top. Her original root ball was solid and had a mass of roots feeding out of it. I'm not sure I did anything differently with her, but her root system was impressive.

She stayed in the drying closet for two full weeks. I had the humidifier set to 65% for most of the second week, turning it down to 60% for the last day. I checked the stems with the wood moisture meter and almost all were reading under 15% moisture. So Saturday I bucked all the buds off the stems and into the Grove bags they went. It was too much for a single 1lb grove bag, ending up in a 1lb and a 1/2lb bag, to make sure it can breathe. I stuck a Govee in each bag, and two days later they are reading 58% and 61%. They smelled incredible when I put them in the bags, and with that RH they'll stay there for 4-6 weeks. I love how easy the Grove bags are, as long as the weed is dried properly first.

After bucking and bagging she ended up weighing 549g (19.4oz). That's a lot of GG#4. It's all nice and sticky and smells delicious. I haven't tried it yet, waiting to see where the RH settles in the bags. Now that it's around 60%, though, I guess it's time to try this out
:)

Well, I just shared a vaporizer with the wife. It tastes really good. My wife said it tastes like an IPA and I agree, very piney and fruity almost grapefruit with some sour apple. It hit really well too, head and body with a real stoney feel. I was going to hit the Mazex after the vaporizer, but we were both good after the vape
:)
@Herbies Seeds really hit it out of the park with this GG#4 auto, I'm looking forward to trying it fully cured!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Great information. :) And it looks like you've got plenty to test.:love:😎:bong:
Thanks GW, and I sure do :) I hit that Mazex pipe after lunch and she sure does kick! I need to pull out the press and squish some up soon.

Thanks GW, and I sure do :) I hit that Mazex pipe after lunch and she sure does kick! I need to pull out the press and squish some up soon.
Stop Start the presses! :Rasta:

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Vegetative- mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (23DLI / 320 PPFD))
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-04:00 - Speed 1
    • 04:00-24:00 - Natural
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 60% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 68% RH, Speed 10, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Lizzy (Herbies Seeds Bruce Banner Auto)
Date: 3/6/24 Day# 21
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with Coco & Dynomyco
Nutrients: MC 4g/G​

Saturday was the last time I top-watered Lizzy. After I did, I covered the top with garden fabric and rocks and filled her SIP res. Since then, she's been on the SIP only.

Since then she's done... OK. She's still growing, although a bit slowly. I've always topped above the 4th node before day# 20, and she's not ready yet. I checked the pH in her res a couple of days ago and it was 6.5. I added a little pH down, today is measured 6.1. Her older growth is getting a bit brown on the tips. I'm surprised if it is nute burn at 4/G of MC but it could be. It could also be the leaves dropping and touching the rocks. She is still growing steady and drinking and her new growth looks good so I'm leaving her alone for now. I'm still waiting for that SIP growth spurt, though.

She looks a bit too yella to me.
Thanks Trala. She does, but she also has brown tips. I'm not quite sure what to make of her.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (23DLI / 320 PPFD))
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Date: 3/11/24 Day# 26
Nutrients: MC 4.5g/G​

Saturday Lizzy's fifth node was peeking up enough to chop it off.

She still looks a bit yellow and looks a bit rough overall. I took the tips for burnt and maybe she just needs to be fed more. I added 1.6L of nutrients at 5g/G on Sunday. Going forward I'll top off with 5.5g/G , bringing her res up to around 1000ppm. Her new growth looks pretty good and she's growing well now, so hopefully she's ready to go.

I think she’s turned a corner. That new growth is perfect.
Thanks Trala, I hope so. She's starting to grow a little quicker now too :)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:75%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 22" (38DLI)
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/19/24 Day# 34
Nutrients: MC 5g/G​

As @InTheShed so rightfully pointed out, it's been over a week since I posted here. Part of it is that I've been busy with the day job/veg garden/life lately, and part is that it's just been so boring in the Vivosun Auto Oasis. I had some lettuce sprouts in there, but now that they're gone I forget Lizzy is even in there. She's not drinking much and is growing very slowly. She has burnt tips but looks yellowish and weak. I started some LST on just her top limbs and they are so small and puny, not at all what I'm used to with SIP stems. I've been hoping she'll turn the corner, but if anything she is going the other way.

Today I decided to go over everything. I checked the light and increased it slightly. Then I checked the nutrients. I've been sticking the pH pen through the air hole to check the pH, and it has started reading a little low. Last I checked it was at around 5.5. So, I pulled out my old bucket pump and put new batteries in it, and found it fits perfectly in the SIP fill tube.

So I took out about 400ml from the res and it read 860ppm/5.2pH. I took out 1.4L more and it read 870ppm/3.7pH! So there is a variance in the pH from top to bottom. When I mixed it all together it read 860/4.0, way too low a pH for coco. Even worse, the way the SIP is designed it feeds from the bottom, so she's probably been getting around 3.7pH. Why not just give her some lemon juice ;)

Well, that explains why she hasn't been drinking much! I really didn't expect the gradient pH in the SIP res, nor did I expect the pH would get that low. In the future I won't put more in the res than the plant can drink in a day or two. Otherwise, it gives too much time for the pH to get out of whack.

With the res mostly drained, I mixed up a fresh batch of nutrients for Lizzy. 5.2g of MC in a gallon of water reads 860ppm/6.4pH. I top-fed her 2L of this nutrients mix. Later today I'll drain and measure the SIP res again to see where it is and continue accordingly. I'll keep top-feeding her until I know she's drinking again and stable in pH. Once she's drinking a liter of more/day I can hopefully get her drinking from the SIP res again.

Lizzy is not looking too bad for all of the abuse she's taken with me learning coco/SIP. Hopefully I can get her turned around and happy again soon.

Thanks for the update, and I certainly understand the busy thing!
So I took out about 400ml from the res and it read 860ppm/5.2pH. I took out 1.4L more and it read 870ppm/3.7pH! So there is a variance in the pH from top to bottom. When I mixed it all together it read 860/4.0, way too low a pH for coco. Even worse, the way the SIP is designed it feeds from the bottom, so she's probably been getting around 3.7pH. Why not just give her some lemon juice
Fat oof! That's crazy and would certainly explain what you're seeing up top.

I remember that @VetSmoke85 had issues with his coco SIP that he only fixed by top-watering the rest of the grow. I hope Lizzy pulls through without any modification besides the pH in the res.
Lizzy is not looking too bad for all of the abuse she's taken with me learning coco/SIP. Hopefully I can get her turned around and happy again soon.
:cheer:

I remember that @VetSmoke85 had issues with his coco SIP that he only fixed by top-watering the rest of the grow. I hope Lizzy pulls through without any modification besides the pH in the res.

I've never done a coco SIP but wondering if it would be better treated like an autopot where the top dries out and allows excessive salts to build up top to reduce possibility of issues/imbalance?

Real nice LKA. 🍋
Thanks Keith

I'll be top-watering for the next week or so. I'm hoping that once she really starts drinking she'll go back to the SIP res.
I've never done a coco SIP but wondering if it would be better treated like an autopot where the top dries out and allows excessive salts to build up top to reduce possibility of issues/imbalance?
Thanks for the heads-up GB, I guess that's possible. So far, though, she hasn't drank enough for that to be an issue. I guess that would be one reason to do periodic top-watering in coco, though.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:75%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 22" (38DLI)
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/20/24 Day# 35
Nutrients: MC 5.2g/G (860ppm/6.4pH)​

After draining her res and top-watering with fresh nutrients, Lizzy already looks better today. Yesterday after draining her res I top-fed 2L of 860/6.4 nutrients. This morning I drained her res and it measured 740/6.1. I gave her the rest (1.5L) of the 860/6.5 nutrients on the top. You can defeinitely tell the difference between the new nutrients and those run through the coco.

Tonight I'll drain the res again and mix up a couple of gallons of 860/6.0 nutrients. I'll keep top-watering and monitoring until she is drinking enough to drink from the SIP res. I've only done LST on the top two nodes, but it looks like the rest will need some carhooks soon. The good new is that after 7 weeks, she's still not flowering. If I can get her healthy quickly there is still time to grow :)

Back
Top Bottom