LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Seedling- Mode scheduled for 2/8/24
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (17DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 2
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Lizzy (Herbies Seeds Bruce Banner Auto)
Date: 2/23/24 Day# 9
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with Coco & Dynomyco
Nutrients: MC 2.4g/G 60-90ml/day​

I've bumped the feedings up to 60-90ml/day. I'm watering in a much wider circle, almost to the outside of the bucket. So same amount per square inch, just a lot more area to cover. There is still a little bit in the SIP, too. Enough to keep any tap roots that find their way down there happy :) She's still working on the original gallon jug that I mixed up for her, which I pH'ed yesterday. I'll be bumping up the MC soon, though.

OK, so it's a little boring in the Vivosun Auto Oasis right now. It's just little Lizzy in here. She's looking good and pushing out her second node. The RH is low in the Vivosun Auto Oasis with no other plant to help bring it up. I could put a humidifier in there, but I'm going to let her tough it out a little. Sitting on top of the SIP, she should have more RH than the rest of the tent anyways.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Vegetative- mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-04:00 - Speed 1
    • 04:00-24:00 - Natural
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 60% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 68% RH, Speed 10, default off

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Date: 2/26/24 Day# 12
Nutrients: MC 4g/G​

I've been feeding Lizzy once/day around the outside of the pot. Lately it's been around 100ml spread around the outside. I mixed up a fresh gallon for her this morning at 4g/G MC, a bump up from the 2.5g/G she was getting. I also bumped the @VIVOSUN AeroLight up to 50%. Finishing up her second week I think she's ready for it. I put 1 liter in her res, too, since it was almost empty. I'll keep feeding manually around the outside of the bucket for another week or so, but I think this girl is almost ready to let go in the SIP.

Looks happy so far! :)

How will you know when the roots hit the res? Are you expecting that growth boost like you'd see in DWC?
The tap root is probably already down there. I do expect to see a growth spurt when it gets well established, and she will start drinking a lot more. My plan is to top-water for a few more days, then seal her up and let the SIP take over.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (23DLI / 320 PPFD))
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/29/24 Day# 15

This week I switched up Lizzy's watering. I'm still using the 30ml dropper to top feed her, but instead of watering just around the outside I'm trying to wet the entire surface to a 1-2" depth. I use about 100ml spread across the entire surface, like a light rain. She needed another 1 liter in the SIP res today, too. She'll be finishing up the gallon of 4g/G and moving up to 5g/G with her next feeding.
Bruce Banner Tracker.png
At day# 15 she's not as big as my usual autos. I'm usually ready to top above the 4th node by day# 20, and I don't think I'll get there with her. I believe it's due to starting in the SIP instead of a 4" pot, where I can control how much she's drinking. I was too lazy for that this time, though, so I just started in the SIP. She does seem to be catching on to the SIP, though, hopefully she starts shooting out some nodes soon ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:50%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (23DLI / 320 PPFD))
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/29/24 Day# 15

This week I switched up Lizzy's watering. I'm still using the 30ml dropper to top feed her, but instead of watering just around the outside I'm trying to wet the entire surface to a 1-2" depth. I use about 100ml spread across the entire surface, like a light rain. She needed another 1 liter in the SIP res today, too. She'll be finishing up the gallon of 4g/G and moving up to 5g/G with her next feeding.
Bruce Banner Tracker.png
At day# 15 she's not as big as my usual autos. I'm usually ready to top above the 4th node by day# 20, and I don't think I'll get there with her. I believe it's due to starting in the SIP instead of a 4" pot, where I can control how much she's drinking. I was too lazy for that this time, though, so I just started in the SIP. She does seem to be catching on to the SIP, though, hopefully she starts shooting out some nodes soon ;)

WooHoo! She looks fine! I believe she will favor the roots until they hit the container, then she will EXPLODE!

Slacker...pull it and start again! :laugh: On the plus side it looks perfectly healthy. :thumb:
Thanks Shed, I'll probably keep her around a little longer ;)
WooHoo! She looks fine! I believe she will favor the roots until they hit the container, then she will EXPLODE!
Thanks Med, I agree. I've been starting in a 4" pot and transplanting to the SIP around day# 16. It makes bigger plants at day# 16, but then it usually slows down for a bit until it gets used to the SIP. I'm hoping this one is getting used to the SIP early and she's about to put on a show :)

Thanks Shed, I'll probably keep her around a little longer ;)

Thanks Med, I agree. I've been starting in a 4" pot and transplanting to the SIP around day# 16. It makes bigger plants at day# 16, but then it usually slows down for a bit until it gets used to the SIP. I'm hoping this one is getting used to the SIP early and she's about to put on a show :)
I start my seedlings out in a mini SIP, either 9 or 32oz. Gives me the control over watering like in any other smallish pot but also gives a jump start on getting the roots converted over.

Wonder if that would help. 🤔 I know some growers don't like to transplant auto's but sounds like that's your normal process anyway.

I start my seedlings out in a mini SIP, either 9 or 32oz. Gives me the control over watering like in any other smallish pot but also gives a jump start on getting the roots converted over.

Wonder if that would help. 🤔 I know some growers don't like to transplant auto's but sounds like that's your normal process anyway.
WooHoo! Me too! lol

I just started 11 Planet Z's in solo cups, cut into a 10 gal tote with 5 gal water, microfiber wicks.

Thanks! Now I need to find your journal and look for pics!

Yea, I have no issues with transplanting. Next auto will start in a 4" pot with a mini-SIP and be transplanted.

Yea, I have no issues with transplanting. Next auto will start in a 4" pot with a mini-SIP and be transplanted.
Hi LKA. When you say a 4 inch pot, what is the volume of soil it takes? I pot up from a nursery seedling starter which is about the size of a solo cup, and sometimes in between to a 5 liter Bato pot before going to the 5 gallon bag. I am still undecided on what to do for my next grow because I haven't grown enough autos to be able to judge best practice. So I want to try to follow your methodology as far as I can, and see what happens, only I don't SIP because it's just too impractical in my space to do that. Do you think the solo cup sized starter is a good choice? Would you advise that I pot up to a medium size before the 5 gallon, or should I go straight to the 5 gallon from the starter?

Hi LKA. When you say a 4 inch pot, what is the volume of soil it takes? I pot up from a nursery seedling starter which is about the size of a solo cup, and sometimes in between to a 5 liter Bato pot before going to the 5 gallon bag. I am still undecided on what to do for my next grow because I haven't grown enough autos to be able to judge best practice. So I want to try to follow your methodology as far as I can, and see what happens, only I don't SIP because it's just too impractical in my space to do that. Do you think the solo cup sized starter is a good choice? Would you advise that I pot up to a medium size before the 5 gallon, or should I go straight to the 5 gallon from the starter?
Hi Carmen. Congrats on MOTM! My 4" pots are about the size of a solo cup although a bit more shallow, probably closer to your nursery seedling starter pots. For an auto I would stick with one uppot, and go from the starter to the final pot. I'm not sure there is enough veg/rooting time to justify two uppots with an auto.

Hi Carmen. Congrats on MOTM! My 4" pots are about the size of a solo cup although a bit more shallow, probably closer to your nursery seedling starter pots. For an auto I would stick with one uppot, and go from the starter to the final pot. I'm not sure there is enough veg/rooting time to justify two uppots with an auto.
Thank you and thank you, LKA :)

:bump: to a new page

Back
Top Bottom