LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Do you think it may be the Coco itself that's causing an issue? I've gotten bricks of coco that were so salty I could smell it in the soaking water. I had to put it in a strainer bucket and let water run thru for 20 minutes to feel comfortable using it. (Plus a soaking with cal/mag before use)

Progress! :high-five:
She's moving now!
She is a problem child lol.

I love that you are sticking with her. She will sing, that I’m sure 🥰
Thanks Trala, she's my first coco SIP so I expected issues. I'm hanging with her as long as she'll let me :)
Yes! looking good to go. You're a weed whisperer LKA.
Thanks Carmen. I wish I had done more sooner, I'm just glad she's moving again and not flowering yet.
Do you think it may be the Coco itself that's causing an issue? I've gotten bricks of coco that were so salty I could smell it in the soaking water. I had to put it in a strainer bucket and let water run thru for 20 minutes to feel comfortable using it. (Plus a soaking with cal/mag before use)
Well, since I just took a brick of coco and re-hydrated it with some calmag, that could be the problem🤦‍♂️ I didn't soak or anything. At this point I'm hoping if I hand-water for a few days and vacuum out the res that will help rinse everything out? Next time I'll either do a lot more rinsing or get some pre-rinsed buffered coco.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Vegetative- mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:75%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 22" (38DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-04:00 - Speed 1
    • 04:00-24:00 - Natural
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 60% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 68% RH, Speed 10, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Lizzy (Herbies Seeds Bruce Banner Auto)
Date: 3/22/24 Day# 37
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with Coco & Dynomyco
Nutrients: MC 5.2g/G (910ppm/5.8pH)​

Lizzy is definitely looking better with some top-watering.

I was thinking about what @RedskinnedRhino said about flushing the coco, and I decided it wasn't too late. So I mixed up 6G of water, added some hot water to get up to 70F, then added some great white and about 10g MC. I ran that through the coco while I vacuumed out of the SIP res. It didn't take nearly as long as soil, as the coco flushed really easily. I finished by adding a liter of 910/5.8pH nutrients. The plan is to add another liter tonight.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Date: 3/22/24 Day# 37

Before the flush Lizzy's res was too acidic (around 4pH). So I flushed her with plain tap water, then started watering her daily with 5.8pH nutrients. Today I drained her res and it was 7.1pH! It seems to have buffered to the tap water I ran through when I flushed. What I drained was still really brown-colored as well. With all this I think I'll do another flush soon, this time using water at 5.8pH and a little cal-mag. This coco could use more flushing, and hopefully I can buffer it to a better pH.

Right now, being top-fed daily, Lizzy looks pretty good. She's growing better and her new growth looks good, although she has some brown tips still. This morning she was ready for an LST update, and I cleaned her up some. I removed the bottom node, as it wasn't doing much of anything. I removed any suckers I could find, branches growing from the bottom of other branches. I removed a couple of leaves from the top that were growing toward the middle. The I spread her out really well, bringing everything down to her lowest node. At 40 days old she's starting to show pistils but hasn't started flowering yet. Let's see how big this girl can get before flower :)

She’s making you work for it. Shes a yella bella!
She is indeed. I've been feeding her lighter due to her tips, but I think that's a pH issue. Time to give her what she wants!

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/26/24 Day# 41

I removed 2.4L from Lizzy's res this morning. Not only was it still pretty dark but it was 490/7.0pH. So I messed up on the first flush. I've always flushed with my well water and then finished with pH'ed nutrients, and the soil would buffer it for me. With the coco, I flushed with my well water and buffered the coco to 7+pH. Now, feeding with 5.8 nutrients is still getting 7.0 runoff.

So today I flushed her again. I mixed up 6G of nutrients @ 5.5g/G MC and pH'ed to 5.8 (910/5.8). Sure, it's a bit of a waste of nutrients but it only costs about $.30. I ran 5 gallons of nutrients through the coco while I vacuumed out the res. The nutrients run through the coco well, and the fabric/rocks keeps anything from channeling. When I finished the flush I stopped the vacuum and waited about 5 minutes for the coco to finish draining into the res. Then I use the transfer pump to remove the last liter or so. It was much lighter in color, nearly the same as what went in. Best of all it tested at 910/5.8! Hopefully this will put an end to the pH issues, at least for a while.

When I drained the res initially, I got some small root pieces out. That tells me that Lizzy has roots in the res. Does that mean she's ready to SIP? I'm about to find out, because I filled her res with the last gallon of the 910/5.8 nutrients and I'm going to see how she does. With her coco buffered and loaded, I'm hoping she's drinking enough to use the SIP.

Day# 41 and she's still not flowering :) She's getting bigger and wider, though. Is it finally time for her to take off, just in time for flower?

I'm guessing all that work is exactly what it needed. And of course, you'll see results in 10 days. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm hoping with the coco flushed and reset I'll see results a lot quicker than that! Of course, whether she starts SIP'n or not is still a big question.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:75%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 20" (40DLI)
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/29/24 Day# 44
Nutrients: MC 5.5g/G (910ppm/5.8pH)​

I haven't top-watered Lizzy since her last flush three days ago, leaving her with a full res. This morning she's gone through 1/2 of her res. I emptied it today to check (about 2L), and it was still at 910/5.8 :yahoo: It was also the first time I drained the res and it was nearly the same color that went in. It had a few root particles in it again, telling me she's basically hydro now with roots in the res. I put it back in her res, along with 1.4L of fresh nutrients. I'm hoping she starts drinking more so the res doesn't have enough time to go out of whack. I'd prefer to stop pumping and checking and disturbing any roots that are in there.
Bruce Banner Tracker.png

It really looks like Lizzy is SIP'n now! She's grown really well over the last couple of days and her green is looking much better. I had to back the AeroLight up a couple of inches this morning to keep her around 40DLI. It looks like she might be hitting her stride right in time. Time to see some flowers :)

Very nice of her to hold off the flowering thing while she greens up! :welldone:
Right? If I hadn't been messing around with coco this girl would be filling up the annex by now ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flower, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (40DLI)
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 4/1/24 Day# 47
Nutrients: MC 5.5g/G (910ppm/5.8pH)​

Lizzy is really moving now! I filled her res on Friday and this morning it was nearly empty this morning. I'll be checking and filling every day now to keep it topped off. She's getting 5.5g/G of MC now, pH'ed to 5.8. I swear Lizzy looks twice as big as she did on Friday, and her green is looking fantastic!

She was looking so big and healthy that I decided to give her a trim and update her LST. I got rid of any suckers I found, all of the sick leaves at the bottom and anything else that was touching the rocks. Then I LST'ed her using coated plant wire and binder clips on the edge of the pot. I was able to really spread her out and keep her pretty low. I finished by removing a few leaves from the canopy growing toward the middle.

Finally, I put the Vivosun AeroLight up to 100% and moved it to about 18" away. On a 20/4 schedule this gives the whole plant around 40 DLI. She's got everything she needs as she finished up her 7th week, now how about some flowers?

She looks like she's bought into the program BudMan!

Looking forward to see what she does now. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom