*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/15/24
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water

On Friday night I finished bucking all of the hanging buds that went into the closet on the initial harvest. It all went into a second 1lb Grove bag, a little over 16oz in this bag. That makes 30oz so far in Grove bags out of the first 10 hangers. These are all the 'best' buds that I cherry-picked when initially harvesting. It's all dense bud coated in trics.

I've swapped out the dehumidifier for the humidifier, set at 60%RH. Since most of what is left was harvested over several weeks I want to keep the whole closet at 60%RH or above so nothings gets too dry. At this range everything should dry and just start curing, ready to go into Grove bags all at once. Since the harvest was completed on Jan 5, everything remaining should be ready to come out of the closet by this weekend. There are still alot of nice buds left in there :)
20240115_152311.jpg

20240115_152330.jpg

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/15/24

On Friday night I finished bucking all of the hanging buds that went into the closet on the initial harvest. It all went into a second 1lb Grove bag, a little over 16oz in this bag. That makes 30oz so far in Grove bags out of the first 10 hangers. These are all the 'best' buds that I cherry-picked when initially harvesting. It's all dense bud coated in trics.

I've swapped out the dehumidifier for the humidifier, set at 60%RH. Since most of what is left was harvested over several weeks I want to keep the whole closet at 60%RH or above so nothings gets too dry. At this range everything should dry and just start curing, ready to go into Grove bags all at once. Since the harvest was completed on Jan 5, everything remaining should be ready to come out of the closet by this weekend. There are still alot of nice buds left in there :)
Your weed bag is faaaaked bruv!

IMG_2505.jpeg

How long does the closet retain the smell after it's empty?

And why am I waiting for Trala to draw eyes on the bottom pic with a joint hanging out of that grin?
Fucking DEDDDDDDDDDDD!

LOLLLLLLLINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

How long does the closet retain the smell after it's empty?
The closet, or the whole upstairs? It's honestly hard to tell where the basement smell leaves off and the closet smell picks up.
And why am I waiting for Trala to draw eyes on the bottom pic with a joint hanging out of that grin?
:cheesygrinsmiley:

*** Final Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/19/24

Today I took the rest of the Colombian Gold out of the drying closet. It had been in there for 14-24 days, depending on when it was harvested. I've done a pretty good job of managing the temp/RH at 60/60, first using the dehumidifier then a humidifier+space heater. With the RH staying above 60% most of the time, nothing got over-dried. The main stems still bent (not snapped), and the wood moisture meter was reading 13-14% on the stems.
1000018550.jpg
It's been over 9 months since I started this grow. Originally it was going to be four from seed, but I had issues getting the seeds started (kept them too wet). So instead I took one of the two that popped and made it a mother. It stayed in my salad tent for a while, until it got spider mites and banished outside. I was able to get her cleaned up enough to get more than a dozen clones, all cleaned up.
1000018552.jpg
I put the best 4 into the new Vivosun 5x5 with the SGS w/ VSF6500. After only three weeks of veg they were flipped to 12/12 and spread out on the scrog net.

More mites were found around mid-flower, but the SNS-217c and 5000 ladybugs kept them in check. When harvesting I didn't find any webs and very little mite damage.
1000018557.jpg
I ended up harvesting in four stages over two weeks:

1st Stage - For the two days before Christmas (Dec 21&22), I went through the tent and harvested the best-looking buds. I didn't even harvest the whole branch, just taking the top mature buds. This ended up in one Grove bag, weighing in at 412g (14.5oz).

2nd Stage - After our Christmas guests left we continued taking the rest of the mature buds. I filled up the closet (and the rest of the hangers). This is Grove bag# 2, weighing in at 463g (16.3oz).

3rd Stage - Out of hangers and space in the closet, I went through the tent and snipped the any of the best buds remaining. These ended up in the drying rack. This was completed on the Dec 29th.

4th Stage - After clearing some hangers, I went back to get the rest of the bud in the tent. The larf that was left was fairly mature and still very dense. This was split between hangers and the drying rack. This was harvested Jan 1-5.

Today I bucked the rest of the hangers and cleaned out the drying rack. The rest of the hangers was only 233g (8.2oz). The drying rack was stuffed, holding 522g (18.4oz). Some of this was smaller/mids, and some was top buds.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the bud. It's all dense and super sticky, almost crusty. When I've smoked so far has been really nice, with an lemony/woody taste and a really nice head high. With 1630g / 57.5oz / 3lbs9.5oz I'll be enjoying this Colombian Gold for quite some time.

Thanks again to 420 and the wonderful sponsors here. And thanks to everyone that stopped by and helped, gave support, and spent time here. The @VIVOSUN Bud Factory is all cleaned up and ready for the next grow. Join me as I grow 4 Kush Mints clones in RDWC.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

Woof! That's a heavy haul! Congrats on the spectacular harvest.
Thanks man. I would say I don't know what I'll do with it all, but the family and friends will take care of it 😉

Back
Top Bottom